Final

Forbidden Attractions: Intertwined

A thin crack let in the outside sunlight, penetrating the ominous darkness in the room. The girl wondered who held her captive but was glad that her limbs were tied to the chair.

"Show your damned face, you rogue!" she screamed on top of her lungs. Her voice echoed throughout the room, repeating her "rogue" mockingly. It infuriated her. In defeat, she settled back on the chair, stopping attempts to escape as for then.

Next, there was a creaking noise that stirred her up from her nap. She had dozed off. The darkness had sharpened her hearing senses and she picked up the approaching footsteps amidst the outside noise.

The door closed behind the person noisily, shutting off outside interference. With dramatic effect, lights were to light up the line the person was walking on. His face came into view as she adjusted her eyes to the light exposure.

Oh Sehun

The girl glared in disgust as Sehun rounded around her in a slow motion and yet intimidatingly, his eyes never skipped from looking away from her face.

"It's quite a pity to have the lady of the Underworld here in my poor den." He knelt in front of her, lifting her face by her chin.
"What did you say I was? Oh! A measly scum from the streets."

Her facial muscles contracted, trying everything to escape his touch on her skin.

He should have been more careful but he definitely did not see that coming. The girl snapped at his hand, leaving teeth marks engraved in his skin.

"!" he roared, retreating away from the chair. The girl spat on the floor. With a long lasting scowl, he stated in a low voice for her to hear, "Starve to death."

As soon as Sehun was out of the room, he paced around in circles. Out of character, he wanted to get back in there, untie her hands and cradle her in his arms. However, it would only distract and divert him from his goal. He needed to avenge his parents’ death.


The girl leaned on to the soft touch of the warm hand that caressed her face. Parting her sweat drenched hair; another hand tugged it behind her ear.

"Mm." she hummed in contentment.

"Wake up my love," the voice called her.

Her eyes snapped open in response, the familiar tone alarming her of his presence.
"Baekhyun?" she called out in alert.

Beneath her eye line, the said person was busy untying her bonds. "Just a minute love." He stood up in a swift motion, pulling her to stand with him.

"But I can't walk." she complained. That produced a smirk on his face. She ran out of breath. He was still beautiful.

"Kai is waiting by that shed with his bike. He will take you home." Baekhyun was imperative once they made it out of the warehouse.

"But-" the girl stopped. She was tired beyond imagination to interrogate Baekhyun. Their eyes met in acknowledgement. With a parting squeeze of hands for reassurance, she whispered for him to hear a needless, "Be safe."


 

Kai had engulfed her in a bear hug, squeezing every ounce of air out of her exhausted body.

"Kai! Kai!" she howled, "I am running out of breath!" She panted heavily, leaning in his arms as he loosened the hold around her.

"You left me worried and growing white hairs, babe." Kai planted a lazy kiss on her neck.

"Like getting kidnapped is a hobby of mine, dumbo." she cracked her neck. "I missed you too." she smiled at his remark. "Take me home."

They had raced against the soaring sun, the girl's hair whipping the air as she held on to her partner's waist. She felt safe and already home.

Last she remembered warm water caressing her skin and being wrapped in a robe to rest in one of the fluffiest most beds.

"It's been hours she has been sleeping."

"Shh, let her. That son of a had her starved and tied to a chair."

"Speaking of the dog, did he reveal anything?"

"He is a rough nut to crack. Nothing more than curses for love from that mouth."

"Looks like he needs a swing of the bat on that stubborn ."

"Jongin," Kai rooted in his place.
She never calls him Jongin unless she is serious.

"Yes angel?"

"Don't." she rose from her horizontal position. Baekhyun stuffed her back with pillows for support. was dry.

"Water." she reached out for the bed stand.

Both the men beat her to it, dropping the glass to create a mess on the floor.

"I will get you a glass." Kai sprinted out of the room.

She followed Kai"s figure until Baekhyun appeared in front of her face. Her lips quivered into a smile.

"Hey," she murmured.

"Hey yourself," Baekhyun placed a kiss on her hand.

"He is alive?" she asked him, shifting into a more comfortable position.

"Alive and well fed. I resisted the urge to poison his food after what he had done to you."

The girl laughed, but eyes resonating a serious look. Kai was back. She drank greedily, draining the glass in seconds.

"I will deal with him myself." she stated with an air of finality leaving no scope for the men to protest.


Sehun was jerked off into a brightly lit room, hands tied from behind. He did little to improve his conditions. Next he was made to stand before a raised platform.

From his place, there were three thrones, two of them pre occupied by men. He recognized one of them and a shivered ran down his spine from recalling the earlier torture.

"Bow before thy lord," He was made to crouch his legs bent, eyes lowered with a pair of hands on his back. He did not see the person's face but a shadow that formed on the shiny marble tiles below.

"Rise," it was a soft command from one of the firmest yet silk like voice he ever heard. Without help, it was hard to get back on his feet and on top of that, his hands were tied.

There was a sweet smell radiating from the woman before him, mild mixture of vanilla and shea-butter. She wore an altered facial expression, eyes radiating warmth as their eyes met.

Her hand shot up to touch the side of his jaw. "Tut, tut, Baekhyun." she reprimanded lovingly.

"You have scarred his beautiful skin." Her dainty fingers moved in a soothing motion to pick on his lips. "How might it feel to kiss these?"

A pink flush colored her cheeks at the thought. Internally, she snapped at herself. Control, you hoe!

Turning on her heels, she walked towards the doors. "Be hospitable to our guest; let's show him how well we know to treat our prisoners."


"Baekhyun, I want you to smile," the girl reached out for the older male's hand. He had been there with a scowl marring his face.

When no response arrived, she asked Kai on the other side. But his face put her off. What's with these men? She wondered.

"I am done. Bon appetite, gentlemen." she raised from her chair, wiping the corners of her red lips with linen.

"But angel, you barely touched your food," Baekhyun left his chair alongside.

"Seeing your sadistic face makes my appetite wither into thin air." she snorted.

"Sure, watching that measly kid would return some of it." Jongin threw his fork off handedly.

"Jongin!" Baekhyun roared that shook the younger under his intense gaze. "Watch your tone when you are talking to her."

"You know what, forget it. Don't even dare to set foot in my room. I will leave your throats slit." the girl fumed with anger, her retreating steps heavy from her renewed rage directed towards the men.


Much to her annoyance, she entered the assigned room in which Sehun was resting, locking the door behind her.

Her steps were softened, the lush carpet padding her feet as she neared the bed. Muslin sheets covered the bed from all around, giving the ambience an Arabian Nights feel. With small out take of air, she distinguished the candle lamp.

Easing herself carefully beside the sleeping figure of Sehun, she stared at him with a different perspective.

Her hand touched his face that snapped open his eyes. With alert, Sehun moved away from her.

"I won't harm you."

The man beside her huffed, a small mocking laugh that was similar to a jackal's broke into a series of chuckles.

"I should have killed you before," Sehun clawed at with fast reflex. The sudden change of position gave him control over her vulnerability. She rested her head on the pillow, baring to his mercy.

Sehun produced a knife from the seat of his pants. The metal edge glistened before her eyes as Sehun slightly put in contact to her skin. She paled and gulped a hard dry lump.

"Any last wish, my Queen?" Sehun asked her with sincerity.

"Why are you killing me?"

A wry smile adorned his pale lips at her words. He lined his tongue along the soft pink bottom lip that made the girl thirsty. "Why, I thought you would shout for your lovers to come to your rescue." he grimaced.

That stung her. Lovers.
Calmly, she corrected him, "My soul mates."

"Sure, whatever floats your boat."

She fisted her hands underneath him. "I am running out of patience here; care to elaborate your last wish?"

"I-I would like to kiss you." she stuttered.

Sehun raised a thick eyebrow at the crazy suggestion. What was she saying? But he went on with it any way.

His warm breath blew over her cheeks, the girl's heart swelled to the point that it felt like it might pop out of her chest. It was everything she had imagined, had felt before with Baekhyun and Kai.

His lips were soft and warm against hers and his kiss was tender and slow. She was stunned for a second but then returned the kiss, tongues slightly brushing and toying in harmony.

When their lips parted she felt breathless and lightheaded. Sehun on the other hand was grinning, looking like he’d just accomplished some giant victory.

"So much for an imprint." Sehun shook his head, lifting his weight above her.

The girl took her sweet time to recover. But upon hearing his last words, she looked at him quizzically. "You knew?"

"Not the part that I am one of your mates. Lore was your father hid you from commoners for this very curse." she followed his words closely; "You were born with three lines that intertwine at your lifeline. The intervals in between represents how long it takes for us three to meet you. Trinity to fall in love with and guard your life, it’s all written here. "

His finger traced her palm, etching four lines randomly that met at the center.

"But you wanted to kill me." she murmured, gathering her knees to her chest.

"That was before, my Queen. It is now up to you to decide whether I live or not."

He handed her the knife carefully, handle first. She examined the ivory handle, adorned with a blue gem.

"Lapis lazuli," Sehun enlightened her.

"So you are the third. Baekhyun's was a diamond; Kai's an Emerald and yours," she touched the stone carefully, "A lapis lazuli. It was all predicted."

"Seems like it." Sehun shifted his position, sticking his legs out of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"We have an audience my Queen." he swung open the double doors to reveal a puzzled Kai and a coughing Baekhyun.

On cue, the two men jumped upon to grab Sehun by his collar.

"Halt!" The girl shouted, no longer able to bear the differences between her soul mates.

"Baekhyun, Kai," she breathed, "This is Sehun. He is my soul mate."

Kai let go of Sehun with disgust. He rubbed his palms on his pants as if Sehun carried an infection. "What is it with you and falling in love with your killers, angel?"

"You wanted to drown her in the moat, you moron." Baekhyun deadpanned beside him.

"Ouch!" Kai grimaced in mockery, wiggling his eyebrows, "Like adding Strychnine to her juice was a sign of eternal love token?"

"Enough you sissies. I need my men."

The three surrounded her on the bed, Baekhyun taking her lap to rest his head. Kai squeezed in to pull her halfway over his torso. While Sehun stood in his previous place.

The girl patted her free shoulder for him to lean on and Sehun joined them closely.

"Why did you want to harm angel?" Kai queried, his curious bug itching him on the head.

"My parents were killed by some of your men." Sehun grimaced.

Baekhyun wanted to punch Sehun again for the false accusation but the girl pushed him deeper on to the bed.

"It's Korizoke. He has been after my father, and he knows who my mates are. When my father refused to give my hand for alliances of both factions, he was enraged. He killed my father first."

Sehun felt the girl shaking beside him. With a strong hand, he held her close to his frame, smooching her temple softly.

"Later he set fire to Baekhyun's village and helped us both to meet when I turned 19. Kai came along three years later, victim to loss of his foster parents; much to Baekhyun's annoyance."

That planted a smirk on the said person's lips.
"I still hate sharing."

"Get used to it," Kai nudged the elder’s leg with his own.

"Then?" Sehun's curiosity was at its peak.

"Your parents were killed by him too, I suppose. Baekhyun is in charge of the faction army. He would know if someone killed them."

Baekhyun nodded negatively, "Our army has been underground since last year as Korizoke's army left us outnumbered last time."

"Sehun?" the girl caressed the man's hair lightly. "We will avenge your parents’ death together. Kai and Baekhyun's too."

"Yes, my love," the three men said in unison that relieved the girl's fears by depths.

Closing her eyes, she sunk back to be closely embraced in her mates' arms. For once, fate has stopped playing games with her. Her journey has ended to encounter forbidden attraction.


 


 

The End


 


 

I am bad with endings. *BANGS HEAD*