The Shock

Falling in Love With the Anti-Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: And here’s the newest chapter of the story! I hope you guys enjoy this! :D

 

To say that the manager and Yunho were surprised when Changmin returned with a -eating grin on his face was an understatement.

“Uh, Min? Are you alright?” Yunho questioned cautiously as Changmin started to pack his things, still smiling goofily to himself.

“What are you worrying about this time, hyung?” Changmin replied sarcastically. Yeah, Yunho was his assistant, so the older man definitely had to worry about him—it was his job, after all. But still! Yunho was such a worrywart!

“Well, you’re—you’re—“ Yunho stuttered, trying to find the right words.

“You’re smiling,” the manager said bluntly, walking across the room to stand beside Yunho. He frowned, crossed his arms over his chest, and studied Changmin warily.

Changmin just scoffed at the pair of them. “You didn’t like it when I was in a bad mood earlier! Now, you also don’t like it when I’m smiling! Geez, some people just can’t be pleased, huh?” the idol grumbled, though still not completely able to keep the smile off his face.

“Well, number one, your smile’s really kinda scary,” Yunho stated matter-of-factly. “It’s never just a smile; there’s always some kind of evil lurking behind all your smiles—“

“That a talent, hyung! Talents that we’re blessed with must be used and shared!”

“And also,” Yunho went on as though Changmin hadn’t made an indignant protest. “The sudden change in your mood is really what’s most worrying right now.”

And that was really true. When Changmin was mad (especially when it’s about being beaten by Kim Jaejoong), the evil idol usually stewed and simmered in that anger/annoyance for a good amount of time. Sometimes, it even lasts for days!

So, no wonder Yunho and the manager are so bewildered right now by the sudden change of Changmin’s mood.

“Fine,” Changmin said huffily as he stuffed his clothes into his bag (who bothers to fold clothes, anyway? Certainly not Shim Changmin!), rolling his eyes for good measure to show his displeasure at what he deems to be Yunho’s and the manager’s “paranoia and/or idiocy.” “I met a Jaeharem when I was outside, and –“

But Changmin didn’t even get to finish his words.

Upon hearing that Changmin met a Jaeharem, the manager turned chalk pale and said immediately, “Oh, God! Please tell me you didn’t murder the Jaeharem!”

The man was obviously in a panic. And for good reason. Changmin’s “evil reputation” was both well-known and well-proven. And with the idol stewing about his latest defeat against Jaejoong, it didn’t seem unlikely that he murdered the fan of Jaejoong that he had run into!

“Oh, what a disaster!” the manager groaned as he started pacing listlessly, not even waiting for Changmin’s answer of confirmation. In his thoughts, if Changmin had really ran into a Jaeharem, then the only reason that he would be happy right now is he had done something… unpleasant to the person. Most probably killed the person, since this is the evil Shim Changmin that we’re talking about. “As if losing tonight wasn’t bad enough! The press will go crazy when they find out about this! And so will the president! And he’ll murder me for not stopping you from murdering someone!”

“Should I get a shovel?” Yunho asked the manager, also starting to become frantic. “Maybe we can hide the bod—erm, the evidence?”

“Will you idiots shut up?!” Changmin snapped. This time, the smile was really gone from his face. Geez, he was surrounded by idiots who were no match for his genius-ness! Some people would say that he’s lucky to be a genius, but it’s also a burden to be so smart and have to put up with people all around you who seemingly don’t even have a single brain cell in their heads! “I didn’t murder anyone, okay?!”

The manger and Yunho just blinked at him.

“You didn’t?” Yunho asked. “Really?”

“Yes!”

“Then, why are you so happy?”

Translation: What else can cause happiness to a demon like Changmin expect the pain and/or death others?

“And what did you do with the Jaeharem?” the manager insisted on knowing the exact details. Okay, so maybe Changmin didn’t actually murder the Jaeharem, but there were still a million other possibilities! Not being murdered didn’t automatically mean that the fan was unharmed or not maimed in any way! You just don’t know what Changmin might do sometimes!

The goofy smile was suddenly back on Changmin’s face, confusing the manager and Yunho even more.

“I’m going on a date with her.”

A few moments of stunned silence. Then, the manager and Yunho shouted together:

“WHAT?!”

“Thank you again for all the gifts,” Kim Jaejoong thanked the fans in front of him. He bowed and finally let himself be led away by his manager and staff.

As one, the fans lets out a dreamy sigh. Kim Jaejoong.

“Wow, even when walking away, he’s so fantastic,” one of the fangirls giggled. Her fellow Jaeharems nodded in fervent agreement.

The two security personnel with them exchanged a look of amusement before one of them said, “Right this way please, ladies.”

“It’s so amazing that Jae oppa won tonight!” one fangirl gushed happily as the security personnel led them out of the TV network building.

“Yeah, but it’s not like it can go any other way, right?” another fangirl chimed in. “It’s Kim Jaejoong. How can he not win?”

The other girls all giggled and nodded fervently in agreement. Their Jaejoong oppa was amazing and wonderful. He’s the best! Of course he always wins!

“So, why did you took so long earlier, Erin?” one of the Jaeharems suddenly asked their friend and fellow fangirl, who was currently busy examining the new Jaejoong poster that she got.

Erin blinked up from her poster.

“Huh?” she asked distractedly, still a bit dazed from her poster. The poster had Jaejoong with his shirt buttons open! Jaejoong’s abs! Also, Jaejoong has signed the poster for her earlier! So, yeah, of course she’s a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter