Ch 3

Forbidden Love

Minhyuk 

 

Minhyuk was lost in thought on his way to class. He couldn't get the new Gryffindor guy, Wonho, out of his head. Wonho was in his Spells Casting class along with I.M., Kihyun, and Shownu. There was something about Wonho that Minhyuk couldn't figure out. Wonho had this aura of leadership around him. His piercing hazel eyes seemed to look at his very soul when they talk. His soft brown hair fluttering in the wind made Minhyuk’s stomach flip. In the very essence, Wonho is the literal embodiment of a Greek God. Minhyuk was glad to be friends with Wonho and get to hang out with him.  

    Minhyuk scanned his class to see who was in his class and sighed realizing he knew no one. So he decided to go with just sitting next to someone random and hopes they aren't some sort of psycho. Of course, Minhyuk had to be one of the last ones to arrive because that meant there was only one chair open and it was next to this tall guy whose body said ‘VOGUE magazine’ but his face said ‘ off’; Minhyuk was terrified. He sat down tentatively making sure to not make any eye contact with the guy. The rest of class seemed to be going smoothly until the overly joyous teacher came up with the brilliant idea of a partner project. Which just plainly meant Minhyuk was screwed. He wondered if stabbing himself in the eye would kill him but he didn't have time to romantise that thought. The teacher left leaving the class to discuss their projects. Minhyuk’s partner turned to him and gave him a once over before introducing himself. 

    “hello Im Hyungwon, and you are?” 

    “Minhyuk” 

Minhyuk cursed his stuttering mouth. He wished that Wonho was here to protect him from Hyungwon. He drew a breath in bravely and turned back to Hyungwon, who was writing in his notebook. Hyungwon had dark brown hair that seemed a little long for him but somehow suited him. His lips were big and beautiful; his skin was tan with no flaws. Minhyuk was in awe at him because he thought Wonho was the only guy that looked like a god at Hogwarts. The thing that made minhyuk catch his breath was Hyungwon’s eyes. They were a chocolate brown that seemed to hide a deep dark secret; Minhyuk got lost in hyungwon’s eyes searching for the hidden truth behind them. He didn't realize how long he was staring until Hyungwon cleared his throught snapping Minhyuk back to reality. Blushing he looked down at his folded hands fiddling his thumbs. 

    “you’re probably scared of me because almost everyone I know is scared of me but I'm telling you I'm not that scary” 

Minhyuk was taken aback by the sudden comment. How was he suppose to respond without sounding guilty. 

    “uh no its ok. I wasn't scared of you… I’m just not good with strangers?” 

The last part came out like a question and Minhyuk wanted to kick himself for that. Hyungwon just smiled at him and let out a boisterous laugh. Minhyuk let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding and joined in with Hyungwon. The rest of the class was spent making jokes and gossiping about other people. 

 

    The class period finally ended and Minhyuk dragged Hyungwon with him to his designated spot. When they arrived they saw Wonho and Changkyun sitting there already laughing and talking. He wouldn't admit it but Minhyuk felt a pang of jealousy when he saw how well those two were getting along. He tried to convince himself that they saw each other as friends only. Kihyun and Shownu came a little after them laughing and joking as well. Minhyuk wondered what was so funny between those two because they are always so uptight. 

    “oh Hyungwon hey I didn't realize you knew Minhyuk” 

Kihyun came up and struck a conversation with Hyungwon, it was only then that Minhyuk realized why they knew each other. Both Kihyun and Hyungwon were Ravenclaws so of course they knew each other. Minhyuk just shrugged his shoulders and went to sit next to Wonho and joining in with his and Changhyun’s conversation. They were in the middle of discussing different types of frogs when the others came to sit down with them. Minhyuk was happy because he saw his friends around him and he liked it. Minhyuk was scared that he would end up alone here with no one to go to but he was wrong. He had Wonho, Changkyun, Kihyun, Shownu, and Hyungwon. Every minute spent with them was a breath of fresh air and it made Minhyuk fell as if he was reborn. He loved to watch how Changkyun and Wonho always bickered over dumb stuff, he loved getting scolded by Kihyun about how he wore his tie wrong, and he loved going to Shownu about something behind Kihyun’s back. All in all it was perfect. Mintyk turned to see what the others where talking about and listened intently to Hyungwon and Kihyun talking about a teacher. He was still mesmerized by Hyungwon’s height. He was a few inches taller than Minhuk and was somehow skinner. Minhyuk still wondered why Hyungwon isn't a model because he certainly has the looks for it. 

    “hey guys we are going to go check out the campus a little bit so we are gonna head out” 

Wonho piped up all of a sudden. Minhyuk was annoyed now why was Changkyun going around with Wonho all the time. He wondered if strangling the kid was acceptable but figured it would get him expelled and he honestly didn't want to deal with his mothers wrath if that happened. 

    “sure just don't go where you are not allowed to” 

Kihyun shot them a smile and waved as they took off. Minhyuk sent a glare towards Kihyun. Why did he acknowledge this type of behavior like shouldn't Kihyun be the one telling them no because its dangerous and whatever. Seriously Minhyuk wanted to know what was so special about that kid. He was a slytherin just like Changkyun, he was also around the same hight, and he had great music taste too. Minhyuk busted didn't understand why Wonho prefers Changkyun. The whole thought of them together pissed Minhyuk off more than anything. No one knew this but Minhyuk had the biggest crush on Wonho and he was determined to make Wonho his by the end of the year. 

    Minhyuk just watched as Changkyun and Wonho’s bodies for smaller and smaller as they got father away. He turned back to see what the others where chatting about and saw Hyungwon watching him. He looked puzzled at Minhyuk probably wondering what was gong on his mind. Minhyuk just smiled and joined in the conversation completely forgetting about Wonho and Changkyun.