Lights out

Afraid of the Dark

Jeonghan was minding his own business, eating dinner (which was actually just fast food he nabbed at a drive thru but can you blame him), in a silent house because his parents were currently away on a trip, when it happened.

Zip. 

He sat up straight when the lights in his house all flickered out like in horror movies. 

No longer feeling very hungry, he grabbed the only thing in his house not affected, which was his trusty cell phone.

 

Jeonghan: shuaaaa the lights are out!!(◕△◕)

Joshua: oh you too? gah and i was in the middle of homeworkᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Jeonghan: shua...im afraid(つд`)

Joshua: ah ur home alone right? do u need me to come over? 

Jeonghan: oh no u dont have to do that

Jeonghan: i think

Joshua: ok im coming over

Jeonghan: .....okay

 

Moments later (as they lived pretty close to each other), the doorbell rang and Jeonghan nearly tripped in his haste to open it. He grabbed Joshua and pulled him into a hug.

"Wha–"

"Shua...I'm afraid of the dark..." Jeonghan murmured into Joshua's hair. They pulled apart and despite how dark it was, Jeonghan noticed Joshua's face was a bit redder than usual.

"Oh, um, you are? Okay, well glad I came then." Joshua quickly pushed past Jeonghan and entered the pitch dark house.

Jeonghan grabbed onto Joshua's hand. "So you won't trip or something," he clarified. Joshua nodded hastily, turning back and surveying the mess that was Jeonghan's house.

It looked like it hadn't been properly taken care of in days (and it hadn't), empty food wrappers and boxes were all over the place, clothes thrown across furniture.

Joshua groaned when he saw the kitchen. "You've been eating nothing but take out," he accused.

Jeonghan shrugged. "It's easier."

"And unhealthier."

"Can't help it, I can't cook to save my life."

"You should've told me sooner," Joshua mumbled, turning to face Jeonghan's silhouette in the darkness. 

"Why? Would you have come over to live with me or something?" Jeonghan joked. When Joshua didn't respond, he sighed and pulled him closer. "It's really dark in here, Shua..."

Joshua nodded, looking away. "I can go back and grab a sleeping bag or something and spend the night with you, if you want," he offered.

Jeonghan shook his head. "You don't have to, because..." He pulled Joshua even closer so that their faces were inches apart. "The bed is big enough for two."

Jeonghan actually felt Joshua's face burn up and even through the darkness see the undeniable blush decorating his features. 

"Han..." Joshua complained when Jeonghan refused to let go of him. He could feel the other's light breathing in this proximity.

"What? I told you I was afraid of the dark, right?" Jeonghan reiterated, dragging Joshua back to his room. The pair fell onto the bed.

"I'll turn on my phone's flashlight in case you have to get up later," Joshua muttered, placing his phone on the nighttable next to him.

Jeonghan pulled Joshua down onto the bed and hugged him beneath the covers. "Mm, I'm not scared anymore now that you're with me," he whispered.

Joshua sighed. "Be grateful you have a friend like me," he replied softly.

Jeonghan rolled Joshua over so that he was facing him. Joshua looked down, but the flashlight in the room showed his face as clearly as day, and Jeonghan smirked.

"What's wrong, friend? Your face is flushed," he reached out and lightly brushed Joshua's cheek.

Joshua rolled his eyes. "Well, being in a bed with your slightly-more-attractive-than-most friend will do that to you," he retorted.

The pair stared at each other for a moment. Then Jeonghan's hand reached out and gently traced over Joshua's lips.

"J-Jeonghan?"

"Funny, I don't recall my friend's lips ever being so soft," Jeonghan said in a low voice, shifting closer to Joshua.

Joshua lay still. "And I don't recall my friend's voice ever sounding so attractive, guess there's a lot we don't know, huh?"

The unsaid words lingered in the air for a moment.

"It's too dark in here, so I can't see what I'm about to do," Jeonghan breathed.

He then pressed his lips against Joshua in a short kiss.

When he pulled away, Joshua was breathing a bit more heavily, but his eyes were sparkling in the darkness.

"Yeah, it's really too dark in here, I might accidentally do something I didn't mean to," he responded.

He grabbed Jeonghan's arm and pulled him back towards him into another kiss. Jeonghan gasped but nonetheless wholeheartedly accepted, smiling as Joshua finally broke away, panting.

"Sorry, didn't see where I was going," Joshua said with a sly grin.

Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. "That makes two of us," he replied with a coy smirk.

The next morning, the lights were back, and before Joshua left, Jeonghan pulled him into a hug.

"By the way," he murmured. "I'm not actually afraid of the dark. Just so you know."

Joshua pulled away, gaping at him. "I should've known," he groaned.

"What? We had a hot makeout session, though, so I'm good."

Joshua rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever, friend."

"Hey!"

Joshua ran off, snickering, while Jeonghan stood there.

"See you later, friend."

Needless to say, the two got together after that.