Chapter 6

Unsolved Past

Chapter 6

The wall was decorated with pink and blue wallpaper and there were many toys there; teddy bears, small cars, trains, and some mini buses. They were toys the boy never imagined to have since he only lived a simple life with his umma.

The boy wiped his dried tears once again as looked around; he didn’t where he was. There’s a sign written ‘care center-lost children’. Was he a lost child? Yes he was. Hyoobin stared at the ground sadly as he thought back about his unknown appa. Did his appa really abandon him and his umma? He didn’t know. 

Suddenly, a voice called his name. Hyoobin could see his umma was running toward him. The boy got up as he welcomed the embrace. At least, he still got his umma, he told himself in his heart.

“Where’ve you been?! Do you know how worried I was when I couldn’t find you?” Jaejoong asked as he finally realized Hyoobin’s eyes were red, like the boy had been crying.

“Hyoobin ah, are you OK?” Yoochun’s figure followed as he caressed the boy’s hair. The boy nodded.

“I’m sorry for making umma and ajusshi worried,” Hyoobin said with guilty voice, Jaejoong couldn’t help but to forgive the boy that instant.

“Hyoobin ah, it’s getting late but we still can play some attraction we missed. Let’s go, shall we?” Yoochun offered as the boy nodded. Hyoobin took his umma’s and Yoochun’s palm and he walked between them. 

They got out from the care center as they realized it was almost sun set. Hyoobin suddenly thought of an attraction he wanted to go for.
“Umma, ajusshi, can we ride the giant ferris wheel?” Hyoobin asked.

“Sure, let’s go there then,” Yoochun spoke as he leaded the way. They were passing a gaming arena and there was a really cute teddy bear that caught Hyoobin’s eyes. Yoochun recognized the cute stare.

“Do you want that? Ajusshi will play for you,” Yoochun offered.

“Yoochun ah, I think you’ve been spoiling my son too much…” Jaejoong commented.

“Just let me try, OK?” Yoochun said as he gave some money to the game attendant. It was a game where you had to shoot moving crows and if you hit three of them, you could have your prize. 

Yoochun aimed his first bullet and it hit one crow. Hyoobin cheered as Jaejoong chuckled at his son’s behavior. Another bullet was fired and another hit was declared. Yoochun only needed to hit one more time. One, two, three…and…Yoochun did it! He got the prize!
Yoochun chose the teddy bear Hyoobin loved and gave it to the boy.

“Thank you so much, ajusshi…” Hyoobin spoke as he pecked Yoochun’s cheek, causing Yoochun to shudder a little. He almost forgot that Hyoobin was actually his son. Maybe that’s the feeling being kissed by your own son, Yoochun wondered.

“Now, let’s go to the giant wheel, OK?” Jaejoong reminded as the three of them walked away, heading to the final attraction.



---

“I thought you’re afraid of height, Jaejoong ah,” Yoochun teased in soft voice; because Hyoobin eventually fell asleep after half of the ride.

“I’m and thanks for reminding me,” Jaejoong spoke,” But this giant wheel is an exception!”

“Why?” Yoochun dared to ask.

“Because I’ve my first date here,” Jaejoong whispered. Then, there was silence and that was when Jaejoong realized he was such a fool.

Kim Jaejoong had his first date when he was in high school on a ferris wheel with Park Yoochun!!! Jaejoong secretly looked into Yoochun’s eyes and he was busted. Yoochun was completely staring at him.

“Jae…” Yoochun was about to speak more.

“Just forget what I just said,” Jaejoong declared.

“Jae, listen,” Yoochun didn’t give up, he chose to tell Jaejoong the truth now,” I’m sorry to interfere with your personal life but…I did some research and found out that Hyoobin is actually my child…”

Jaejoong was paralyzed, he couldn’t believe his ears. How did you expect him to react? Welcoming Yoochun to be Hyoobin’s appa all of the sudden? No, definitely not.

“So…all this time, you’ve been nice to me and Hyoobin just because you want to claim Hyoobin is your son?!” Jaejoong asked almost shouting, it caused the poor boy to wake up.

“No, of course not!” Yoochun defended himself.

“Umma…hmmm, ajusshi, what’s wrong?” Hyoobin asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“Nothing dear, go back to sleep, OK?” Jaejoong said as Hyoobin did as he had been told; he was too tired after all.

The rest of the ride ended up in silence as Yoochun swore he wanted to embrace Jaejoong that very moment. The man looked hurt and his eyes were blinking with dammed tears.



---

Yoochun parked his car in front of Jaejoong’s flat as he helped the man opened to car door; Jaejoong was busy carrying the sleeping Hyoobin after all. Getting inside the flat, Jaejoong put Hyoobin on their bed.

“Thanks, you can go now,” Jaejoong was about to close his flat door but then Yoochun kept the door opened with his leg. He didn’t want to let everything end this way. 

“Yoochun, it’s late, just---“

“I won’t go before I get my answer, Jaejoong ah…” Yoochun stated,” Why didn’t you tell me you’re pregnant with my son? Why, Jaejoong ah?”

“You know the answer; don’t try to be a fool in front of me!” Jaejoong exploded as he pushed the door to close. Unfortunately, Yoochun managed to open wide the door again and pushed Jaejoong to the wall.

“I don’t! That’s why I’m asking you,” Yoochun made his point clear.

“Because…you left…I didn’t know…how to tell you,” Jaejoong finally broke as tears flooded from his eyes. He remembered the pain back there when he was lost alone. His parents abandoned him and he got no one to support him. It was frightening for the man to even imagine the situation back there.

“Jae…” Yoochun embraced his crying angel as he mumbled,” I’m sorry…I didn’t know…I’m sorry, it’s all my fault that you and our son were in pain. I wish I could re-do everything from the very start, I wish I never left you…I’m sorry Jae…”

“Chunnie…” Jaejoong cried as he held the man with all his strength. He didn’t know why but these few days had been the happiest day in his life. He felt like he wasn’t alone anymore. Finally someone was there for him, someone was there supporting him when he felt tired.

“Shh…It’s OK,” Yoochun caressed Jaejoong’s hair as he smelt the vanilla scent; he had been missing Jaejoong’s fragrance for ages. Believe it or not, he couldn’t fall in love with anyone else after he went out with Jaejoong. Every relationship he tried never worked out; maybe that’s because deep inside his heart, he’s still logging for the man.

“Please…don’t leave me…” Jaejoong pleaded with his broken voice as Yoochun couldn’t bear it anymore. He needed to make his angel stopped crying. Yoochun stole Jaejoong’s lips, silencing the man as finally Jaejoong’s tears dried up.



“I won’t leave you anymore; I’ll always beside you from now on,” Yoochun promised as Jaejoong’s leg gave up and Yoochun took the exhausted man in bridal style to the bedroom. That night, for the first time after a long time, Jaejoong could really sleep peacefully.