Chapter 2

Unsolved Past

Chapter 2

It had been a week since Park Yoochun became the most amazing stalker in the whole world. He had been following his high school mortal enemy everywhere this whole freaking week. He tried to ignore Jaejoong’s hatred toward him but he just couldn’t. He didn’t feel at case before he knew the reason why Jaejoong hated him.

So, here’s the summary Yoochun got from his stalking. Hyoobin was six years old and went into a pre-school, which was near to Jaejoong’s flat. The flat was quite nice, Yoochun must admit Jaejoong had a good taste and his economical mind was still working even now. That’s the reason Jaejoong used to steal Yoochun’s meal in their school time; he was too economical to buy for himself.

OK, back to the investigation. Jaejoong worked at a boutique at noon after took Hyoobin to the pre-school and he had been selling the woman clothes like an expert salesman, something that made Yoochun amazed. Jaejoong worked till five o’clock and then he would fetch his son. Actually the school ended at three o’clock but Hyoobin wouldn’t mind to wait for his umma because Jaejoong needed to work for their living, Yoochun somehow felt proud of Jaejoong. Oh, moreover, on Tuesday and Friday night, Jaejoong would have a shift on a bar as bartender. Yoochun must admit, Jaejoong worked hard for their living.

Then, something definitely bothered Yoochun’s mind. Who in the world was Jaejoong’s husband a.k.a. Hyoobin’s freaking dad? Why that man didn’t help them with their living. That was when Yoochun realized many things must have happened to Jaejoong since the last time he saw the man was seven years ago.

Sighing, Yoochun decided to close his notebook as he looked out from his car window. It was almost time for Jaejoong to fetch Hyoobin and he was watching from the junction. 

Yoochun stared at his watch as he realized it had passed thirty minutes from the time Jaejoong was supposed to fetch his son. Deciding he should check it up, he got out from his car as he walked and entered the pre-school.

He spotted Hyoobin on the nearest bench at the playground, waiting alone on the swing. Somehow, Yoochun felt lonely for the boy.

“Hyoobin ah,” Yoochun called as the boy turned his gaze on him. The boy smiled as he rushed to Yoochun’s side.

“Ajusshi!” the boy greeted.

“Hm, have your umma arrive?” Yoochun decided to ask as the boy pouted and shook his head.

“Ajusshi will accompany you, OK?” Yoochun said,” We can wait together…”

“Sure! Let’s wait on the swing! Hyoobin always waits umma there” Hyoobin pulled Yoochun’s arm. Both of them stared at the cloudy sky as they waited.

“Hyoobin ah,” Yoochun broke the silence,” Can I ask you something?”

“OK, what’s it?” the boy asked back.

“But I’m afraid you’ll hate ajusshi if ajusshi asks such a question….” Yoochun hesitated but the boy persuaded him to say it,”Where’s you appa?”

The boy paralyzed and that was when Yoochun wanted to smack himself. He was clearly hurting that poor boy with his stupid question.

“Hyoobin…doesn’t have appa,” the boy spoke as Yoochun cursed more to ask such a question to six-year-old boy.

“Once, Hyoobin asked umma about appa but umma said Hyoobin didn’t need appa,” the boy explained,” Hyoobin was sad and some of Hyoobin’s friends pulled prank on Hyoobin because Hyoobin didn’t have appa…”

“Hyoobin…” Yoochun caressed the boy’s hair as he sympathized with the boy.

“But Hyoobin will be sadder if umma cries,” Hyoobin explained as he almost crying,” That’s why Hyoobin never asks umma about appa anymore…”

“There…There…Don’t cry, Hyoobin is a big boy right?” Yoochun tried to calm the boy down and he succeeded. Later on, he found the boy already felt asleep and he decided to bring the boy to his car, since it seemed it would be raining soon. And Yoochun’s feeling was right. It was raining so heavily in the next five minutes.


---

“Damn it!” Jaejoong cursed as he finally arrived in front of his son’s pree-school. It was running and worse of all, his umbrella was broken; blamed the strong wind. He didn’t know how he should take his son go home like this. All of this was the bus fault, he was late because the bus he was in got into small incident and the door wouldn’t open up, and so he couldn’t get out from the freaking bus.

“Oh, Jaejoong-sshi!” a well-known voice caught Jaejoong’s ear. He was about to enter Hyoobin’s class, where Hyoobin promised to wait for him when it rained, then a teacher came out from another class. It was Hyunjin. Jaejoong knew the woman, she the one who taught Hyoobin simple and basic math.

“Hyunjin, did you see Hyoobin? He’s not in his class,” Jaejoong was kind of devastated.

“Your friend took him to his car, it is parked at the parking lot near here, I think,” Hyunjin said as Jaejoong was about to storm out and found Hyoobin.

“Wait, Jaejoong ah,” the teacher called as she threw an umbrella to Jaejoong,” Use this, I have another umbrella for me…”

“Thanks!” Jaejoong winked to the teacher as Hyunjin chucked. Both of them were like friends and Hyunjin definitely adored Jaejoong’s son. Hyoobin was just too cute and innocent.

Jaejoong managed to find a car, no, he meant, a sport freaking car. Then, the window opened and revealed the face he wished he never saw ever again, damn it.
 
“Jaejoong ah, you’re soaking wet!” Yoochun said as he opened his car door, ready to give his jacket to Jaejoong but of course, it was ignored.
 
“Where’s Hyoobin?” Jaejoong asked.
 
“Inside my car, sleeping. I think it’s better if I take you two to your flat by my car. It’s raining so heavy,” Yoochun spoke his point as Jaejoong agreed. He didn’t want Hyoobin to catch cold.
 
Jaejoong got into the car as he checked on his son. He was more than glad that Hyoobin didn’t catch the rain. Unknowingly to him, Yoochun was worried about him. Jaejoong’s cloth was definitely soaked wet because the rain.
 
“Jaejoong ah, use this to cover yourself,” Yoochun gave his jacket once again. This time it was welcomed because Jaejoong started to feel cold, Yoochun was glad.
 
It took them around ten minutes till they reached Jaejoong’s flat. Yoochun offered to carry Hyoobin up since Jaejoong would wet the poor sleeping boy if he was the one who did it. They got into the third floor and Jaejoong opened the door.
 
Yoochun could see a well-decorated small living room with a kitchen set next to eat. Jaejoong gave direction to the bedroom as Yoochun put the boy on the bed and made sure the blanket covered him.
 
“Thanks, Yoochun,” Jaejoong finally spoke,” I don’t know what I would do without you…”
 
Jaejoong’s voice finally friendly, Yoochun thought. But he was wrong, that was because Jaejoong was burning from the inside with fever he just caught because the rain. Luckily, Yoochun managed to catch Jaejoong before he hit the floor.