Part II

I Will Go to You Like The First Snow

Sleep well tonight, my dear

Lay down the burden on your shoulders

It’s nothing but my gift to you

Is only this song

        Lullaby by Onew and Roccoberry 

Author POV

“Is that her?” 

“Yes, it is her. She is the most hatred woman, everybody knows about her bad temper, I even hear that she hurts anybody that is in her way. Take Lady Kim as the example, she slaps Lady Kim across the face when she hear that Lady kim was Prince Jaehyun’s favorite. ”

The gossip is never end as Eunbyul and Soohyun make their way to the entrance of the palace.

“Lady Cho, are you alright?” Soohyun whisper to her master.

Eunbyul takes a deep breath and answer. “Actually, I’m not, let’s go back and talk to those women.”

Soohyun widen her eyes. “Nae?”

“Lady Cho waits for me.” Soohyun walks to her owner.

The two lady whom just bad mounting Eunbyul has take a step back as Eunbyul walk closer.

“I should have just be quiet.”

“Me too. She getting closer.”

“Please, don't hurt us.” Both of the lady say it at the same time.

“I am apology for my past behavior.” Instead of Eunbyul usual behavior, right now Eunbyul bowing herself in front of two lady. “I am sorry for pushing you down the river and I am sorry that I destroy your favorite doll.”

“Nae?” The two women just quietly look at Eunbyul.

“I should have known my mistake sooner and I should have had my apology a bit earlier. I was very young at that time, I haven't understand what right and wrong, but still my behavior should still be blame and punish. I’m sincerely apology.” Eunbyul smile and bow again then leave everyone in shock.

“Am I good?” Eunbyul ask Soohyun

Soohyun nod and smile.

“Let’s visit the Queen room.” Eunbyul continues. “What if I don't recognize the Queen?”

“Is your head hurt again?” Soohyun ask me as she take a step closer to touch my head.

“No, I mean I remember her face but it just a little weird that the Queen somehow resemble of my mom.” Eunbyul say as she take Soohyun’s hand off from her forehead and she continues walking.

“You definitely hurt your head again, ain’t you?” Soohyun ask

“This little kid. Never mind.” Eunbyul just keep quiet and walking

Somehow in her mind the Queen look exactly like her mom in the future but less wrinkle, she thought that she might just miss her mom too much to having that thought.

“Hello, Court Lady Oh.” Soohyun has her greeting with the old servant standing outside

“How are you Court Lady?” I ask and take a step forward

“You look so pale my lady, have you not eating well?” The old servant come and ask then turn to Soohyun. “You can stand up Soohyun.”

“No, I am very well.” Eunbyul smile.

“She is waiting for you, follow me.” She take Eunbyul hand and lead both of them into the Queen’s room

“Lady Eunbyul is here, my queen.” Court Lady Oh say.

“Long live the Queen. Eunbyul wish the best to the Queen.” Eunbyul knee down and lower her head

A woman in her early forty standing in her luxury outfit, take a step down to the stair.

“Are you still embarrassed to see me?” The Queen ask.

The voice sounded through the room, the familiar sound that Eunbyul has missed, or in more of a correct way, Soojung miss it very much, the sound of her mom.

“No, my Queen is just that I afraid if I look at you I might cry.”Eunbyul say

Deep down in her heart she afraid if the Queen appearance is exactly like her mom, she might not control her emotion.

“Look up.” The Queen order.

Eunbyul slowly raise her head and look at the queen, she can believe what she seeing, the Queen looks exactly liker her mom, her one and only mom that wake her up for school, work and take care of her most of her life. Tear slowly fall down from her eyes.

“What’s wrong my child?” The Queen holding Eunbyul hand 

“Nothing, it just that Eunbyul miss you so much.” Eunbyul still crying

“If you miss me that much, you should have come and visit me.” The Queen help Eunbyul stand up and walk to the table.

“I… I’m embarrass of myself.”Eunbyul continues. “I have create a mess and hurt your own reputation, so my Queen, I have no right to come and visit you.”

“I have figure that you learn a lot from it.” The queen take a long breath. “I knew it at the moment you take a step into Prince Jaehyun’s house it will happen. I also know about you and Lady Kim, just take it as a lesson. I’m sorry for not protecting you, even with the power that I have you are somebody wife, I can’t do anything for you.”

“It all fine, ,my Queen, I’m the one who create this mess, I should have clean it up.” Eunbyul say and smile.

“What’s wrong? Is he not nice with you.?” The Queen.

“No my Queen, Prince Jaehyun is not the one who should be blame, the fault is mine.” Eunbyul say.

“Tell me Eunbyul, why do you want to marry Jaehyun?” The Queen ask and look at Eunbyul. “I was just very curious because, you and the King was very close, and I thought somehow I can make you my daughter. But once, Jaehyun appears you just change.”

Eunbyul remain quiet and smile. “The king is indeed a great man, but the first time I saw Prince Jaehyun, I have fell for him, he somehow remind me of my late father, because he known for his intelligent and kindness. So I hope he could be my husband and we both can have a happy and simple life, but…

Eunbyul just stop and smile.

“You know your father was a great man, he only love your mom, but man like that is no where to be found, even my son, the King can’t do that either. And Eunbyul, if that is what you afraid, then there is nothing can be done or fix.” The Queen hold Eunbyul hand

Eunbyul looks at the Queen, tear slowly fallen down, the Queen is truly care and love Eunbyul as her own children.

“You are not happy, I can see it from your eyes, my child, I wish you listen to me.” The queen stands up and hug Eunbyul. 

After the long conversation that they have, the Queen ask Eunbyul to leave so others family can come in for greeting, when Eunbyul almost leave she ask the Queen if she can come back and visit, the Queen say that the palace is her home, anytime she wants just come back.

End Author POV

 

Eunbyul’s POV

“Unnies.”Soohyun call out and say. “Are you okay?”

“Why?” I ask Soohyun 

“I didn't know you love Prince Jaehyun that much.” Soohyun look at her owner in sad eyes

“Well of course, he is my husband right?” I smile awkwardly and continues. “He going to be here right?”

“You mean the Prince?” Soohyun ask

I nod and Soohyun says. “All of them gonna be here, include the king.” 

So according to the Queen, me and the King were very close, but how close were we? 

“If the Prince is here, you should give me some signal.” I say and wink which cause Soohyun to giggle.

Then we both walk around the palace, and enjoy the view, this is one of the night that all the royal families allow to come in and visit the Queen and King, also to have a view of the palace.

“There is so many people and so many pretty light.” I take look around and continues. “Don’t you think so Soohyun -ah.”

Soohyun suddenly stops in the middle of the way and bowing her head. “ Greeting to you, my Princes.”

Now I understand why so many people gathering up there like that. Wait, so that mean he is here. I take a deep breath and walk forward.

“My greeting to you is to you as well, my Princes.” I say.

End Eunbyul's POV.