Part I

I Will Go to You Like The First Snow

In my dream, the sky was color as a warm yellow, I’m standing alone in a strange place, from far away “he” looks at me. “Goodbye”, he says, his word echoed through the wind, who are you? Why goodbye? I hate that word, I hate to say goodbye. Don't wake me up yet, let’s me see you one more time.

I slowly open my eyes, and sit up from the bed. 

“What’s wrong with this bed today? So uncomfortable.” I say as I massaging my back 

“Lady Cho, you have waking up.” 

“Lady Cho? Who is Lady Cho?” I mumble to myself as I turn around, the first thing I see is a young girl whom kneeling down wearing some old kind of custom. Goryeo?! Silla?! What is this? And this is not my room nor the hotel. I start to freak out and jump out of the bed.

“Lady Cho, what’s wrong?” The young girl ask me and continues. “Please don't scare me, is your head still hurt? Should I call the doctor?”

“OK, is this some kind of joke? Cause I have no time for this and I need to go to work?” I say as I look at the girl and as confuses as she it. She starts to yell from the room to call more people. “Please someone call Master. Kim, Lady Cho is not very well.”

I try to stop her as I run over and put my hand over . “Be quiet, I’m ok.”

“What is “ok” mean, my lady?” The young girl look at me in questioning.

“You don’t know “ok”, Ok as in I’m fine.” I explained and continues. “Is this some type of hidden cameras?”.

She still look at me as she going to cry if I ask more.

“Who are you? I don't know you.” I look at her and say

“Lady Cho, don’t scare me, I been serving you since I was little and you never been like this. Comeback to your sense, please.” She cry out as she talks

I look at her in disbelief, I can’t go back in time, this is not happening. An hour ago, I was still drinking with my friends and we were on our way home. What ’s this? 

“What your name?” I ask.

“You don't know my name?! ….” The girl started to cry as I ask for her name which freak me out.

“How can you not know my name?” The girl start to cry more as she point at herself.  “Soohyun been serving you since Soohyun was 6 years old and you were around 8 years old. You don't remember Soohyun. What should we do now? Our lady turn mad…..” The girl named Soohyun cry more and more.

This child sure cry a lot, I try to wipe her tear, and clean her face. From what I see, this girl is harmless, and it is true that I travel back in time, but how? When me and friends decided to go home, the weather was really bad, it seen like a big storm will come and… the portrait. 

“The portrait.” I say as I remember suddenly from nowhere a portrait reached by my feet. A portrait of a girl, and she looks exactly like me. Then I went home and now I wake up at this place

“What portrait, my lady?” The young girl ask

I look at her and hesitated. “Nothing.” 

“Why do you ask if my head was still hurt? Did I hit my head before?” I ask her

“Lady Cho, you really didn't remember anything.” She says and continues. “You … You were trying to attempt suicide.” 

“Suicide? Me ? Why?” I ask and look at her in disbelief.

As I finish my sentence, the pain sudden hit my head, I feel dizzy, and I look at Soohyun again and black out.

In my dream, I was in the same place as I was in my other dream, but there is a girl standing from afar. I try to walk toward her, she turns around and look at me.

“I am you and you are me.” She says

I look at her in confuse. “What?”

“Love him, take care of him for me.” She look at me a take a step closer

“You look exactly like me.” I say in shock 

“I will give you my memory, my heart and my time. I can’t do it, but you can. Please finish it for me.” 

“No take me back to my time. I don't belong here.” I say to her

“I am you and you are me. We are one.” She says as she slowly fade into the air 

“You can’t do that.” I scream and scream

 

I slowly open my eyes and sit up. I look around my room and it still stay the same. I take a deep breath and try to put in order all the thing that happen today. First, I travel back in time, second, the owner of this body want me to love someone, to finish something for her, and third, me or this body is a marriage women.

“Daebak, Kyungsoo will not happy with this if he know his lovely girlfriend is a marriage women and stuck in the past like this.” I sign as I think about my boyfriend wondering how much he worrying right now. Then I wonder how my mom, my grandfather will be in deep worries because of me, maybe if I finish what I need to finish, I will get to return home.

So my name is Cho Eunbyul, the queen is my aunt since my mom was her sister but she died when gave birth to me, and the king is my cousin. And… and this is too much to handle in one period of time. Who did I marry to? I can’t remember his face, out of everything that remain in my head his image and memory about him was very little. I walk toward the mirror, I take a look at myself. In the mirror, an image of a young girl that look much similar to me, but with younger texture and less crinkle.

“I guess this is one of the reward. Yay to myself, I go back to being 17 again.” I say and laugh.

“Listen, Choi Soojung, you been living 28 years in a big city like Seoul, go through every hardship and become a successful doctor, so this is not a hard challenge for you. Just live for yourself, and for the owner of this body.” I say as my hand curls up as ball and say “Fighting.”

“Lady Cho, I bring hot …” A voice coming from behind which cause me to scream like a little child.

“I’m sorry Lady Cho, I should have inform you first. I thought you were still in deep sleep and I was try to wake you up, so please don’t punish me.” The girl keep saying and continuously slapping herself.

“Wait what are you doing? Don’t hit yourself, I wasn’t mad or anything.” I try to stop her but the little girl still kneeling and crying.

I look at her for awhile than the memory suddenly hit me as I remember the owner of this body was a very harsh lady, she always beating her servant and acting very spoil toward the elder due to the love that she has from the queen.

“Aigoo, this is going to be tough.” I sign one again,

“You…you, um, Washin, can you call Soohyun in for me?” I call her as I remember her name was Washin as she still kneeling.

She nod and say. “Yes, my lady”

Ok first of all, this child is being hated by everyone, due to her attitudes. So I assume that her in law would not like her that much either, then that mean her husband is also not liking her that why she wants to suicide. But who in the world is the husband?

“Lady Cho, Soohyun is here.”  Soohyun say as she kneeling down.

I saw her kneeling so with natural instinct, I help her up which scare her even more. Out of all the servant, Soohyun is the one who close with Eunbyul the most, but Soohyun is still afraid of Eunbyul. Hum, I think for awhile then stand straight up.

“Soohyun, can I ask you something?” I ask her as she nod I continues. “Am I mean to everyone in this house?”

“Nae?” Soohyun loo at me and confuse, she starts to shake her head crazily.

“Tell me the truth, I mean it, you don't want me to continues to being hate by everyone right?” I ask her again.

“Well… you are not very mean, it just that after Master Cho’s death, you have no-one to take care of your, so you a little…” Soohyun stop her sentence and still facing down

“So you mean, I was nice before.” I look at her and her face is still in disbelief 

“Fine, I will take that as a no.” I sign and look at her. “This is not my in law house right?”

Soohyun looks at me, somehow I see the sadness in her face, she start to sniffing and about to cry again. “Prince Jaehuyn… he forces you to move to this house which is far away from the capital as your punishment. “

‘My punishment?!” I say as my memory try to recollected again, I was married to the prince and his name is Jaehyun as in Prince Jinhan. I can't hide my reaction which causing Soohyun to stare at me, that mean the one and only Jinhan is my husband, whom contributed to the growing of Goryeo. I need to calm down, so we get into an argument about his other wife, and....

“Damn I slap the .” I look at Soohyun who is confused over my cursing.

“I hit someone, right?” I ask Soohyun but she shake her head as she start to say. “ It was your fault, Lady Kim is the one who start it, she trick you into the fight and act as victim, so Master Jaehyun, I mean Prince Jaehyun would punish you.” Soohyun finish her sentence as her tear falling down

Ok so basically I’m dealing with a body of a kid whom is 17 years old, who do not know how to act and make everybody hate, but she also does not know how to think which cause herself in trouble. This is going to be hard. I take a look a look at Soohyun, who is still sniffling and crying, this child sure love her owner.

“Soohyun-ah, from now on if no one is here instead of calling me your lady or master or whatever, called me unnie ok? Also, can you please gather all the employ in this place to meet me?” I tell Soohyun as I put my two hand in her shoulder. I just want to protect this child because she is the only one that protecting me when no one doing it and I also need to fix all the mistake that the owner of this body make.

“Nae? I can’t my lady…” Soohyun look at me and shake her dead then I continues. “Listen, all the thing I did in the past is wrong, I acknowledge it, so in order for me to be happy or at least to have a peaceful life, this is a need. And you, I need a sister, a friend to be by my side. Can you do that?” I smile and look at Soohyun, she start to nod and smile.

I signal for Soohyun to go and I start to get ready. 

After a half hours of preparing I walk outside, and as I open the door most of the servants are there and they all kneeling. What is wrong with people in the time period and kneeling?

Soohyun walk next to me and I start to have my speech. “Everyone, please stand up.” I say but no one is moving.

“I mean it.” Which work so much better than my previous sentence, everybody stand up and look at me nervously.

I look at them, I smile and start to bow a 90 degree which I know that everybody will be kneeling again so I yell. “Please stay still.” Which they did.

“I’m sorry for my childish behavior, for hitting or beating anybody for no reason, for treating you guy badly when you all much older than me. I’m sorry for being spoil, for thinking that tI’m more superior than everyone around me.” I finish my sentence and look up, all I see it the shocking look from everyone include Soohyun.

“My mom would not believe this.” Soohyun say 

“Your mom is here?” I ask and Soohyun pointing at an ahjumma who just drop her basket.

This is kind of funny, but at the same time is not, what can be done so bad that everyone is scare of Eunbyul that much? 

“I mean it and I know you guy much hear a lot of rumor about how bad I am, which is true, but we all will live together in the same roof now, so I want to change and be nicer to you all. So the first thing that will need to be done is.” I look at everyone. “ Please don't kneel down when you see me.”

Everyone is still shock and remain quiet until Soohyun break the silent with a cough.

“Yes.” Everyone say which I smile and continues. “Please take care of me as I living here, as I also promise to take care of all of you as my own family.”

“Now go back to work.” I say as I turn around and go back to my room.

This color of the custom I’m wearing is so bright. I look for Soohyun then I saw Soohyun's mother look at me in strange look.

“Uhm… can you do me a favor?” I ask Soohyun’s mom

She nods and I continues. “From now on, instead of those bright color clothing the I have in there, all I want is simple white color, light pink, light green or light blue, no more bright color. Same with my makeup.” 

“Makeup?” Mrs. Lee ask

“I mean…um my…my…whatever the thing that you make me pretty, don't do dark color or bright color, just light color.” I look at her and she nod again.

She suddenly walk toward me and say. “Mater Cho, will be very happy if he see you change like this. For whatever you do, this old servant will follow you.”

I smile at her and nod. That’s it, right now I’m Cho Eunbyul, and I will pay back to those who cause me in this situation, and then I will comeback to where I belong.

 

One year later. 

“Unnie.” Soohyun called me, as I was focus on designing the pan that can be used to grill meat.

“Yes?” I still focus on the drawing.

“You will attend the Queen’s birthday this year, right?” Soohyun ask which cause me to look up and turn to her.

“I mean, last you made her a quilt and sent it to her without attend the celebration with the excuse that you were still trying to fix your mistake and as a punish you will not leaving this place until you learn your lesson. So I was just wondering.” Soohyun voice sound smaller and smaller as she finish her sentence.

“You afraid that the Queen would not love me anymore?” I ask Soohyun, but she just shake her head and then hesitated for awhile then nod.

“Aigoo, this child. Don't worry, do you think I pass a day without my aunt watching over me?” I say as I continues to finish my design 

She still look at me as confused as ever then suddenly she says. “You mean we have a spy in our house.”

“Not like a spy but more like someone who look over me.” I smile and pat Soohyun head.

“I will go this year so don't worry. This is a great event to have a comeback.” I still keep the smile on my face and look at my drawing. “Now I understand why my art professor tell me to drop the course. What is this?” The drawing in my hand look kind of cricket and funny, even I, the artist, can’t recognize my drawing.

“Lady Eunbyul, the silk that you ask me to buy is here.” The servant come in and tell me.

“Thank you, Mr. Kim. Ah, congratulation on your married.” I say as I remember he married yesterday.

“Thank you Lady Cho and also thank you for the gift that you gave us.” He says and bow

“You welcome, you can leave now.” I say and smile. After a year of living here, the servant and the worker around the house start to open more to me and I can say they are not scare of me anymore. 

“What is this for Eunbyul-unnie?” Soohyun ask as she hesitated of touching silk.

“You can touch it if you want. And this will be my present for the Queen.” I smile and continues. “Let’s start on preparing the gift.”

“You plan it all out already?” Soohyun look at me.

I just smile without answering her question.

As me and the people around the house help me prepare for the gift, time has pass so quick that there is only 2 more days until the Queen’s birthday.

“Eunbyul-ah, what are you wearing for the celebration that coming up?” Soohyun’s mom ask me as she walks in my room.

I think for awhile then say. “Still light color but this time with more of green texture that go with white.”

Mrs. Lee nod and pleasuring as she hear the answer.

“Also, remind the gardener to take good care of the flower.” I remind Mrs. Lee.

“Yes.” She bow and head out.

This is your time to shine. If you hear me well Cho Eunbyul, pray for me and I will help you to have your revenge.

 

2 days later.

“Unnie, are you worry?” Soohyun ask me as she help me in the horse’s car.

“You worry?” Instead of answering the question, I ask her.

“Nae, a little.” Soohyun say.

“Aigoo, if you keep being afraid like this how can you become anybody wife?” I which cause her to blush.

I have to say young girl at this time period sure blushing a lot, even when we talk about pooping.

“Unnies.” Soohyun start to pouting.

I just smile and fix myself in the seat. 

I breath in and out several time then say. “Let’s go”.