Part III

I Will Go to You Like The First Snow

All things past is in the past
They all have a meaning
Sing to the one who left
Say that you loved without regrets

                      Don't Worry by Lee Juck

Eunbyul's POV

“Sister-in-law, you don't need to be serious like that, we miss your old self.” A boy jump in front and continues. “ And Soohyun-ah, you getting cuter everyday.”

“Thank you for your kindness, Prince Haechan.” Soohyun say.

“Really, Prince Haechan, I don't think is good thing to be reckless.” I say which cause all the Princes to laugh except for Haechan. Did I do something wrong?

“Do you mean that I was being reckless too?” Prince Haechan ask.

Heol, I forget this body and Haechan was same age friend.

“That’s not what I mean, my Prince. I’m a married women, so I shouldn't be like that anymore.” I try to explain and save myself but I just can’t

“She didn't mean it that way, Haechan-ah.” Another boy jump in front and stop Haechan. “ Leave her alone.”

I look at the boy in front of me and smile in return.

“How are you Prince Minhyung?” Soohyun greeting

I look at Soohyun in confuse then I realize she follow me when she was little so basically this could also be her childhood friends.

“I’m very well Soohyun, how about you?” Prince Minhyung ask.

“Me too, my Prince.” Soohyun answer.

She likes him, Haechan likes her, triangle love. I smile and look at Soohyun.

“Hyung, are you not gonna say anything to your wife?” Minhyung say.

I forget about my lovely husband, I take a look at the person who Minhyung is talking to. He just quietly stare at me. First of all, he pretty cute, but kind of scary, others princes smile a lot through out our conversation but he just stay silent. This is uncomfortable.

“How are you, Prince Jaehyun?” I ask.

“I’m well, please follow me, Mother wants to see you.” My husband say and walk pass me 

What a cold heartless guy, why would you fall for someone like this Cho Eunbyul, but why is my heart ached so much like this?

I just quietly follow him and say good bye to all other Prince. They pretty Ok, not that bad, I want to be social, I want to have friend, why is so boring in here!Why!!! 

“AH.” I make a small noise as I hit something hard. “Why would someone put a pole in the middle of way?” I say as I messaging my head.

“Do I look like a pole to you?” Someone tun around and say.

“Nae?” I look at that person. “No, not at all, my Prince.”

I just hit my lovely husband back and I thought it was a pole, people are laughing and he looks not very happy.

“Be careful.” Jaehyun say.

I just smile and continues follow him, I look over to Soohyun and she is also try not to laugh.

We arrived to a small table in the courtyard of the palace, and again all the royalties are staring at me.

“Hello, mother.” Jaehyun greeting his mom.

“Greeting to you, mother.” I bow to her.

“How are you, Eunbyul?” My mother in-law ask

I look up and smile. “I’m very well, mother.”

I low myself again and continues. “I apology for causing so much of trouble for you and Prince Jaehyun. I should have been more mature and act as modest wife. I sincerely apology.”

Everyone is currently in their shocking stage, so no one hasn't say anything yet.

“There is nothing better than knowing you mistake and fixing it.” My mother in-law walks to me and held my hand.

I nod and look around to find the who I slap a year ago. Here she is, acting all high next to my lovely husband.

“Lady Kim, would you please accept my apology?” I ask her.

“Of course, my Lady. We are sister from the moment we step into this house, the past is the past, we should let it go.” Lady Kim say.

I smile and nod, then I look at Jaehyun, who is still remain quiet and watching the fun. What should I say about him? He has total of three wife and I’m his third wife, but so far I haven't see much bonding between him and his other wife, it was all ual attachment , but none of true fondness between husband and wife.

The night keeps running on and on, me and Soohyun almost fell asleep as we keep hearing old people talking and talking.

“The King and his Empress are coming, and the Queen are also on her way.” My mother-in-law say.

“Have you have your greeting with the queen yet?” She ask me

I nod and continues. “But I forget to give my gift to her.” Which cause my mother in-law to laugh.

“Don’t worry, we haven't either, let’s bring them together.” My mother in-law say.

I nod again and smile, Jaehyun also take a step forward and standing next to me. The other prince and royals family also gather around. 

“Long live the Queen.” Everybody start to say it together as the Queen appear. The more I look at her, I thought that my mom would probably very happy if she knows that in her past life she was a queen and her son was a famous king. The King and his many many wife also appear, which again may everybody greeting them, but I can’t see the King face cause no matter how much I become Cho Eunbyul, Choi Soojung’s height still haunting Eunbyul life.

As everyone bringing their gift, me and my in-law also get ready to bring our gift.

“Soohyun.” I call Soohyun and she nod.

“What’s do you have for me, Eunbyul?” The Queen ask.

I walk forward and carry my pot of flower which make everyone laugh. I look around and people still laughing, then my eyes caught Jaehyun, he just look at me and nod. His sudden gesture just warm my heart.

“Help her.” The Queen order

“This is the flower that I found recently and it has a very special meaning.” I say.

“What is it?” The Queen ask

“Its name is marigold and it meaning is herb of the sun, as it with my wish that my Queen will always be the medicine for every household and the Queen will always live with us, so our people will have a good life.” I explain and everyone still remain quiet.

“And of course if it was me who taking care of this flower, it would not be this good, but with all the help of servant in the house, include Soohyun.” I continues.

The Queen just smile and look at me. “My Eunbyul has changed a lot and now you even know how to share with other.”

I smile again and continues. “ There is one more thing, I made this by hand, may I delivery it to you?”

“You may.” The Queen say.

I walk forward and take out a herb bag, that are sew in flower as decoration. The Queen looks at me and say. “I remember that you having headache and it very hard to breath whenever you go outside in Spring time. So I made this, it contain peppermint and tea leaf, that will help for it.”

The Queen smile and continues. “Your father would be very proud to see you like this. Come sit with me.”

I smile and walk to the seat and look over to the King side, I want to see his face. I secretly look over to the King.

“Kyungsoo.” I say as I saw the King’s face

“What’s do you say?” The Queen ask.

“Nothing, my queen.” I try to restrain myself 

Maybe, it is not him, my eyes just playing with me, I try to calm down and take a glare at him again. Our eyes meet, he also staring at me, then he quickly look away. He is Kyungsoo, my boyfriend, what’s happening? Why is he here? This is not right, he is not Kyungsoo, but indeed he is the King, King Sungjong of Goryeo. 

“Eunbyul, are you alright?” The Queen hold my hand.

I look at her and say. “I was just a little nervous to be seated here next to you.”

The Queen smile and tap my hand. “You always my favorite since you were little, even the King, my son gets jealous for that.” I smile and look at her, there is something not right about me travel back in time like this. I try to push away all the thought and look up, then I see Jaehyun stare at me then shift his look to the King, something is wrong among three of us, I need to figure it out. The party goes on and on until, the Queen herself say the party is over and the royalty may leave. From far away, Jaehyun make his way to me. 

“It indeed very late, please allow me to bring Eunbyul home.” Jaehyun come and say.

Bring me home, what do you mean dude, we lived at two separate place.

“Home?” The Queen smile and continues. “You mean bring her back to the old house that she lived in.”

No joke, all of us stay quiet, then the King walk over after he has his conversation with other family.

“No, my majesty, I already have all Eunbyul stuff delivery to my palace.” Jaehyun answer

“What?” I say without remembering that the Queen and King are also there.

“Out of all the princes, you and Sungjong are the most mature one, I hope you know how to handle this.” The Queen say then make her way to her palace.

“No.” I say holding the Queen’s hand, please my lovely aunty do not do this to me.

She just smile and nod, then continues leaving me.

I turn around and look at my husband, what should I say? Wait, I forget the King is right here. I secretly look at the King, he does look like Kyungsoo, but more powerful, I guess.

“It been a long time, Hyun.” The King say.

“Yes my majesty, I haven't have much time to come visit you.” Jaehyun answer and continues. “ I will sure come visit you more often.”

“You should, I miss the old time when we all hang out and have out drink.”  The king continues. “It been awhile to see you too, Lady Eunbyl.”

The way he says my name is very different, far different from other, I smile and say. “Yes, it is, my majesty.”

Awkward conversation, I should run away, where is Soohyun? I walk around as the two are focusing on their conversation and keep on looking for my dongseng.

“Are you looking for Soohyun?” I hear someone ask me. I turn around and saw Jaehyun. I nod and ask. “Have you seen her?” He looks at me and answer. “I ask her to go back to my palace to prepare for you to comeback.”

I hesitated for awhile then I ask him. “Why do you want me to comeback?”

He looks at me then turn to other direction. He sigh then suddenly walk toward me and push me against the wall. 

“Let’s me ask you something first.” Jaehyun say as he pull me closer. With my inexperience in flirting/love, well cause Kyungsoo is my first love anyway. I try to move away as hard as I can, but Jaehyun pull me back and force me to look at him. “Why do you like me?”. 

Lucky that there is not much of people here, or else I will be die in embarrassment. Why would he asks such question?

“Well… I… You kind of…” I hesitate for awhile, then I look at him. “Does it matter anyway?” 

I repeated again. “Will it matter anymore Prince Jaehyun?”. He smirk and say. “You tell me.”

He lets go of me and continues. “It not early anymore, let’s head back home.”

“Can I say no?” I ask him. He turns around and look at me. “What do you think?” 

, why would Eunbyul like hime? The King is must more gentle compare to this weirdo. I just silently follow him like a puppy, seriously like puppy, a corgi I guess. ( sorry guy I just love corgi so much)

In our way head back to his palace, we both stay silent. I sign and rest my head on the back. What should I do now? He would not let me go, but he doesn't love me. Man in this time period is so hard to figuring out what they think. He look handsome for sure, but what is the reason that make Eunbyul like him. 

“I’m going to charge you if you continues staring at me.” Jaehyun say without looking at me. I blush and look at other direction.

“So was it just my look that why you want to marry me?” Jaehyun ask without looking at me again. This guy sure has high confident. 

“You tell me.” I look at him in the eyes and smile. Yessssss one point for me.

After hearing my answer, he looks at me and smile. I look at him in surprise and say. “Actually, I think I fall for you because of your smile, you look like the nicest person on earth if you smile.” It too late now, I cannot take it back. Damn it.

“Really.” He just nod after hearing the answer. I should have just jump off the cliff now, this is embarrassing. “You are sure different from other.”

“How come?” I ask him. This time he turn around and look at me, then say. “Other people married because I’m the King’s favorite brother, so if someone marry me they will sure lived in a well off life. Second is because of political marriage. But you, you actually like me because of me.”

Somehow, after I hear this I conclude one thing, he just a kid who lack of love. I can stop myself but patting his head. “Everything will be fine, no one like me anyway.” I say while continues comforting the kid. I look into his eyes and same with him. 

“Prince Jaehyun, we have arrived.”The servant say which actually cause me to move my hand from his head and look away.

As we both make our way to the house, I saw Soohyun standing outside so I run toward her.

“Soohyun-ah.” I call out, but Soohyun just smile then, look down. Something is wrong, I tell myself.

“What’s wrong?” I ask, but Soohyun still remain quiet. “Soohyun, do you still remember what I say?”

I ask her and she nod. “So tell me what happen?” Without saying anything she looks up, her milky skin now is deep with five red mark.

“Who?” I ask and still try to calm myself, as Jaehyun walk in, he saw what happen, he also ask. “What’s wrong?”

“Jaehyun, you are back.” Lady Kim come out with tear on her face. “Please don't punish Soohyun, it all my fault.”

I’ m tired of seeing this woman, so without looking at her, I take Soohyun into the house, make her seat down at the table. “Let’s me see.” I touch her face and continues. “Now tell me.”

“I was cleaning the room for you, then there is some other servant in the house come by and talk behind your back, I guess they are Lady Kim's servant, they say all sort of bad thing about you but I just ignore them. But… they are getting out line when they say that you… you seduce the Prince and you are a ty woman, that why the Prince taking you back?” She say and start to cry.

I smile and looking at her. “It not true anyway, why would you listen to them?” I shake her head. “ I don't believe them but they something very horrible, that why I can’t keep calm and yell back at them. So they all come in and beat me.”

“What did they say?” I ask her and wipe the tear from her face. She still shake head, so I pat her back and nod, to encourage her to tell me. “They mention your mom.”

“Take me to them.” I tell her, as we both head out to those servant room Jaehyun stop me.

“Where you going?” He ask then I look at the woman next to him. “You hear the story from her already, don't you? So you should know where I’m going.”

“Cho Eunbyul, stop.” Jaehyun hold me back.

I turn around with tear in my eyes. “Don’t hold me back if you are not going to do anything like last time.”

“I’ll go with you, so don't do anything reckless.” Jaehyun say.

What? Wait, this is what Lady Kim want, she wants me to create a mess again, so I will get punish and push back to the old house. I look at him then Soohyun lay my hand and shake her head as she says. “Lady Cho, if it about your mom and you want to defense her then you shouldn't worry, I already hit them back and I do it double. So don't risk anything.”

I start to cry and hug her. “Half of the reason was for my mom, but other half is for you, why are you stupid? You should have run away. You make me worry to death, how can I look at your mom now, I promise her to take care of you.” I cry louder and louder as I mention her mom.

“I’m sorry unnies.” Soohyun also cry as I hug her tighter. I release her then say. “I will definitely pay it back for you and my mom, so don't worry.” When I’m about to continues walking, Jaehyun already carry me in his shoulder and call out. “ Court Lady Min.”

“Yes, my prince.” An old grandma walk out.

“Can you please taking care of Lady Cho’s servant for me. Don't let anyone come near her and make sure she does not get bully or anything for me.” Jaehyun say.

“Yes master.” Court Last Min surprise for a little bit then smile, and nod. She then take Soohyun’s hand and leave.

“How can you let Soohyun leave with her? What if she abuse my little sister again?” I scream as he start to walking to other direction.

“Don’t worry, she takes care of me when i was a child, and she would never do something childish like that.” He says and continues walking. Then we arrived in a room so he puts me down and on the chair.

“This is your room.” He says while taking a seat next to me. “You are so heavy, do you know that?” 

I glare at him and say. “How could you say the word heavy to a girl?” He starts to crack up and move closer. “You are not crying anymore.” He say then use his hand to wipe off the tear in my face. He forces me to look at him, so it would be easier to clean my face. “You look like a crying baby.”

“Thank you.” I say then stand up and ready to leave but he pulls me back which cause me to fall to the ground. I look at him and the anger in me sudden rise, which cause me to burst in tear.

“You are with them, you guy are all bad people, first is saying mean thing to my mom, then hitting Soohyun and now you hurt me” I say while crying, I never let a single drop of tear to fall from my eyes but today is just too much.

“I didn't do anything, stop crying.” Jaehyun say while seating down and continues. “This is all my fault, I’m sorry.”

“You should be, if my dad is here, you are death with him.” I say as I mention my dad which again make me miss him so much. “Dad, where are you?I miss you so much. ” Jaehyun stare at me then sigh. “Eunbyul looks at me, everything will be fine, I promise I will protect you just like your dad.” 

I look at him then I suddenly feel bitter. “But you don't love me.”

“You don't love me, Jaehyun.” I repeated again as I shake my head and move away from him. But suddenly he pulls me closer and place his hand on my waist. “How do you know?” He says which cause me to look at him 

Jaehyun move closer and closer until our lip touch, his lip brush mine, before I can react or even push him away, his tongue is travel in my lip and he pulls me closer until our body pressed against each other. I try to push him away but the more I do that his hand pull my body closer. He tastes my lip not very innocent but rather to be more demanding and he doesn't stop until we both need to breath. He looks at me again but in a way that I never expect, loneliness, and desperate that is all I see. He pulls me into his lap, our nose touch, he kisses me again but this time his kiss are softer. I taste his lip, we broke apart, then he looks at me again.

“Jaehyun-ah” I call out his name, he just silently rest his head in my chest and hug me tighter. This feeling is something that I can’t never explain, the warmth feeling from him, the sound of our heart beat, and the pain that I feel from him, it unreal for me, for him, both of us.