Two

Wolves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Hana


Jungkook somehow drags me to the room while I’m still trying to reason out what cesium has to do with the Whale Project. He halts in front of the room, pulling me back from the window on the door, murmuring that Min Yoongi is already inside next to a sleeping Park Chanyeol. We quietly wait outside until Yoongi decides to get up. The door shuts, and his lip curls, sharp eyes scanning me.


This wasn’t the same hospital as Ahyeon’s, so the no warzone didn’t apply.


“What the h*ll are you doing here, Byun Hana?” He snarls, but I could see that his heart wasn’t into it. His eyes flicker to Jungkook and back to me.


“I came to finish the conversation I had with Park Chanyeol at the Christmas Gala,” I arch an eyebrow, voice smooth but tone full of daggers. “Are you going to stop me?”


“Yes.”


“I’d like to see you try,” The side of my mouth curls up, reaching for the doorknob, but he slides his body in between.


“He’s my employee.”


“But you don’t own him, do you?” My eyes narrow at him. “I need to find out what he meant when he said that he had the key to bringing me down.” The lie comes easy enough, and Yoongi’s eyes light up at the words. Honestly, it was too easy.


But as if he could see that, he sneers, “Kris was the key to bringing you down.”


And before I can say anything, Jungkook is in front of me, gripping Yoongi by the collar of his shirt, “Say that again, you bastard.”


“Jungkook, no!” I rush forward, yanking Jungkook’s hands back. Any physical contact was acknowledging the words spoken and Yoongi didn’t need any more cards in his pocket than he already had. Besides, it was obvious that the words were more of an empty provocation. Yoongi threw that key away if he seriously believed that Kris was the answer.


Sure, Kris knew more than I would like him to, but everyone on our side had cut him out of their lives. Kris was nothing now. And that’s how he would stay.


No, Yoongi knew that Kris wasn’t the true key, and that jab meant nothing, and we both knew it. So why was Yoongi coldly laughing in Jungkook’s face? Yoongi's face was lit up in pure, sardonic delight as if the stuation was funny instead of tense. 


Their eyes are burning into each other’s and I know that if this continues, Yoongi will understand that he’s been underestimating Jungkook the entire time. But their lips curl in distaste and they turn away from each other, Jungkook roughly letting Yoongi go.


“You’re not getting into that room,” Yoongi doesn’t budge from the door.


“Why not? I just want a friendly chat,” I probably shouldn’t smile, but I do anyway and I’m sure that it looks a lot more malevolent than I intended. Yoongi looks at me, and it’s clear that he doesn’t believe me. “How about this? My fiancé stays out.”


“As if I don’t know how dangerous you are by yourself, Byun Hana.” His voice is mocking as he says my name, smirk curling up, and suddenly it feels a lot like the snarky conversations that we would have when Ahyeon was asleep.


“Oh? You think I’m dangerous enough to wake a sleeping Park Chanyeol?” I grin, and Yoongi glances back into the room. “That’s a dangerous ability indeed. Does it make your knees quiver, Min Yoongi?”


He rolls his eyes, slipping away from the door at my fair point, “If he ends up any more injured or dead, I’ll kill you myself.”


His words are empty threats. I would know. We had shot the same words back and forth over Ahyeon’s body too many times to count, but I call out after his retreating figure, “You’ll have to catch me first!”


Jungkook is looking at me strangely, as if he’s not sure the whole conversation even happened, “Did Min Yoongi just—what?”


I shrug. Min Yoongi in business situations was somehow a lot easier to deal with than Suga smiling warmly at Ahyeon as she colored, one arm around the teddy bear that was the same size as her.


“You shouldn’t flirt with him in front of your fiancé,” Jungkook’s smile is wry, and he taps the ring on my finger.


“Flirt?” I snort, rolling my eyes and pushing my way through Chanyeol’s room. “Will you stand watch and we can switch when we’re done?”


I don’t bother waiting for an answer, and I shut the door, making sure it was fully closed before settling into the seat next to Chanyeol.


“Is he gone?” Chanyeol’s eyes flutter open slightly with a groan, and had he not been in this condition, I would have laughed at the mischief. But things were serious, and I simply nod.


“Are you alright?”


“Listen Hana, I’ve been pretending to be asleep since he walked in, and he thinks that I’m the way that he’s going to figure out your plans,” His voice is deep--deeper than usual--from misuse.


"But are you alright?"


His eyes flicker to mine, a single eyebrow lifting. I sigh and his lips twitch up at me giving in. 


“Kris told him that you weren’t what Min Yoongi thought you were,” I murmur, putting my head in my hands. “I don’t think Kris said the full truth, but I also am aware that Min Yoongi cut off all contact with Kris.”


“Does he know that we work for the same side?” Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrow and I sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter