He's Back

A Cute Love Story

Kevin's POV

I could see ______ watching from her door as I drove away after our date. I really felt bad for making a move on her, after what she told me. In time, I hope she'll be able to open up to me. In the meantime, I'll always be there for her. Well, I'll say that our first date was definitely a success. And the guys didn't think I'd pull it off. Ha, they know nothing.

When I arrived back at the hotel suite we were staying at, I could see Eli and Dongho watching from the window. As soon as they saw me pull up, they ran from the window, probably standing in front of the door. Such dorks, but I love them.

After locking the manager's car, I opened our room door and sure enough, the other members were all sitting in the living room staring at me as I walked in. They didn't waste any time in asking me how my date went.

"So how was your date? Did you to take her to the movies like we suggested", Eli asked.

"How was your date? Tell us tell us", Kiseop pleaded.

"Geez, can I even get in the door!?"

"Sit down and tell us how your date went", Dongho demanded.

I did as I was told and sat down between Soohyun and Kiseop hyung.

"It went well. Yes, Eli, I took her to the movies and I didn't accidentally smack her in the face like you did to your date."

"Well excuse me!! How was I supposed to know she was standing right behind me?"

"Um, because she was your date. Duh", I said sarcastically.

"So tell us what happened", Kiseop once again begged.

"Man you guys are so nosy."

"Well, you've never been on a date before and we want to look out for you", Soohyun spoke up.

"Sorry guys. I don't kiss and tell", I said and quickly ran to my room because I knew as soon as I said that, I'd be bombarded with questions.

I quickly ran to my room that I shared with Hoon and Eli and locked the door behind me. I could hear the guys banging on the door and screaming in joy. Little did they know that I didn't get my first kiss. I ALMOST did, though.

On the other side of the door I could hear Kiseop say, "Why Kevin!! You're leaving me?"

Then I could hear Eli start to argue with Kiseop saying how I was his, not Kiseop's.

I don't belong to anyone. Not yet anyway.

Smiling from the memory of my first real date, I changed into my pajama pants and a t-shirt. I unlocked the door so that Eli and Hoon could come in the room when they were ready for bed.

I flopped down on the bed that I shared with Eli and the TV. I flipped to a random channel, not really in the mood to watch anything. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked to see if I had any missed texts. None. Well, I don't want to seem clingy so I'll text her in the morning.

I just laid there for a while staring at the ceiling running the events of our date through my head. I fell asleep about an hour later, thinking about ________.

You POV

You don't know how long you sat and cried by the front door, but when you woke up the next morning, you were laying on the floor, still in your clothes from last night. You got up, muscles stiff from sleeping in an awkward and uncomfortable position, and headed for the shower. After a hot and relaxing shower, you grabbed your laptop and phone and headed into the living room.

"Minnie", you called.

From your room, Minnie came running at the sound of her name. She jumped up right next to you and curled up.

While your laptop booted up, you checked to see if you had any missed calls or texts, particularly from Kevin.

You had one at 8 o'clock this morning. It read;

"Good morning, ______. I really enjoyed our date last night. Hbu?"

You smiled at Kevin's good morning text. You texted back;

"Good morning oppa!! I did enjoy our date last night!! I would love to see you again soon. Text me when you get this."

Several minutes went by and you still didn't receive a text back, so you figured he was busy. You went to check your email. You had only one unread email, from your ex-boyfriend!!! The nerve!! You want to just delete it, but something tells you to open it. It reads;

Dear _______,

I know you probably still hate me, but I love you. I haven't stopped thinking about you and I miss you. I know what I did to you was wrong, but if you take me back, I promise I'll never hurt you again. This time I mean it. Email or text me back your reply.

Love, Cole

Uggh, he's ridiculous to think you'd take him back. And there's that magic word, promise. Well he's pretty crappy when it comes to keeping his promises. Even though what he did to you was hurtful, you miss him. You guys were together for a year and 3 months and you were even thinking about moving in together and getting married. Thankfully, that never happened. To get him off your back, you pulled out your phone and texted him;

"You really don't give up, do you? What did I tell you the minute I caught you cheating?!? I won't take you back!!"

A few minutes later;

"Well you must still have some feelings for me yet if you texted me back."

"Ugh, see that's part of the reason I broke up with you. You're too full of yourself!!"

"I know, I know, but I've gotten help and I'm a new man."

"Yeah, okay. What happened to your little ?"

"You mean Jess? She wasn't anything to me babe. She was a one night stand, that's all."

"Yeah well a one night stand is still cheating. Prove to me you've changed."

"Okay, meet me at the park today at 12 and I'll prove to you that I've changed. See you there."

You can't believe you just agreed to meet your ex. You feel really crappy now, what with dating Kevin and all. You must promise yourself that nothing, and you mean nothing, will happen to you two because you'd really hate to break Kevin's sweet heart. He's the type of guy you need, not Cole. And you need to it up and tell him that.

At 12, you rode your bike over to the nearby park. Sure enough, Cole was sitting in one of the swings, swinging back and forth. He always was such a kid. That's one of the reasons you fell in love with him. He could be very mature and act like a kid at the same time. But all that went away when he screwed up. Well here goes nothing.

You walked up to him. He was still as handsome as he was when you first met him. He was a little shocked to see you actually showed up.

"Well, I was starting to think you weren't going to show, but here you are, as beautiful as ever."

"Thanks, but that doesn't prove to me you've changed."

"I know, I know. Look, after you broke up with me, I became depressed."

"Is that supposed to make me feel bad, because it doesn't."

"No, it's not. Anyway, I went to a therapist to help with my depression. We talked a lot about you and she told me that in order to try and get you back, I need to change, to show you I'm not the same man I was when you left me. I have changed."

Cole grabbed your hands and wrapped them in his own. Feeling him touch your skin again, brought back many memories and butterflies entered your stomach. You looked into his blue eyes and saw that he was sincere. His blue eyes that sparkle like the ocean. He snapped you out of your trance.

"So will you give me a second chance?"

"I—I--I don't know. I—I--can't."

"Why? I know you still have feelings for me. I can see it in your eyes."

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

"Wait don't leave yet", Cole says as he grabs your wrist.

You turn around to try to shake him off, but he'd already let go of your wrist, because he was down on one knee!!

"I know I can never make up for what I did, but I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

Cole opens the box and inside of it is a beautiful diamond engagement ring. Perfect in every way. It's one of the ones you said you liked when you guys went engagement ring shopping, but that was almost 5 months ago. You were totally caught off guard. You couldn't move any muscle in your body. You were completely speechless. All you were thinking was "What about Kevin?" Even if it was just one date, you felt something for him that you've never felt before. You felt safe and secure in his arms. You felt like you could always depend on him and that he would NEVER hurt you.

While all these thoughts were going through your mind, you completely forgot that Cole was still on one knee, waiting for you to answer.

"Cole, it's lovely."

Cole got up and went to put the ring on your finger, but you put his hand down.

"But, I have to think about it. I have a lot going on right now and I can't think straight."

"Okay, I understand, but don't make me wait too long for you."

He wraps you in his arms and kisses your forehead.

You walk back to your bike and pedal as fast as you could, away from Cole, away from the ring, away from everything. You just rode and rode. Not really sure where you were going. You ended up at the other side of town, at the pier.

Your dad used to bring you there all the time to watch the boats go by and Cole used to bring you here to watch the sunset. It's the place where you can think the best.

You sat down on the edge of the pier and watched the water, the calm icy cold water. Somehow, you don't know why, but you instantly felt like the weight of the world was off your shoulders.

You pulled out your phone to check if Kevin ever texted you back. He did and his text read;

"Really? So quickly haha I thought you'd get tired of seeing me. I'm going to send Soohyun and Kiseop over to pick you up at 8 tomorrow night. I'm going to cook you a very special dinner (well with the help of Eli of course), but I'll try my best. See you tomorrow. Saranghae!!"

"I would really look forward to that dinner date, if it weren't for Cole."

For the rest of the afternoon and part of the early evening, you just sat on the pier and watched the water, debating on whether to text Kevin or not.

Soon, your body became numb from the cold and your grabbed your bike and rode home. To warm up, you took a shower and went into your bedroom for the rest of the night.

Finally getting up enough courage, you texted Kevin back;

"Mianhae oppa for texting back so late, but we need to talk. Meet me at library tomorrow, if you're free."

A few minutes later...

"Oh okay. This sounds serious. What time did you want to meet? Did I do something wrong?"

Kevin's text pulled at your heartstrings and you suddenly felt guilty for agreeing to meet with Cole. You cried while you texted Kevin back, dropping tears on your phone;

"At 10 tomorrow morning. You didn't do anything wrong. Here are the directions. 45 Cedar Avenue."

"Okay I'll be there. Is everything okay?"

"Not really. See you tomorrow. I'm going to bed now so I'm going to turn my phone off."

You didn't even wait for his reply. You just turned your cell off as soon as the message was sent. You couldn't take it if you hurt Kevin, but you didn't know what else to do. If you told Kevin what happened in the park, he'd get hurt and if you didn't' tell him and you just broke up with him, giving him no reason, he'll still get hurt. Either way, it's a lose-lose situation, for both you and him. The only one winning is Cole, unless you reject his proposal.

You just decided to sleep and try to think of something in the morning. You tossed and turned all night and didn't get any sleep.