The First Date

A Cute Love Story

"I can't believe I have a date with Kevin Woo of freaking U-Kiss!!!"

You read and reread the texts Kevin sent you and each time you got butterflies in your stomach. Dreams really do come true!! How strange is it that you just dreamt about him last night and here he was at your door step, first thing in the morning and now you have a date with him tomorrow!!

"Which reminds me!! I have to go pick out an outfit", you say as you rush to your bedroom closet.

"Hmm, not this one, not this one---ugh, why can't I find a decent outfit."

Just then, you find a nice outfit in the back of your closet, one you've never worn before. Thankfully, it would be warm enough for you to wear in this winter weather.

"Perfect", you say happily.

The rest of the day went by painfully slow. All you could think about was spending your afternoon with Kevin tomorrow. You were even too distracted to do your school work, but you managed to get your mind back on track for a little while, but it didn't last long because Kevin started texting you again and of course you texted him back. You two texted for a whole 8 hours. You didn't want to go to sleep, but you had classes at 8 tomorrow morning.

"Oppa, sorry to let you go, but I must go to sleep so I can wake up early tomorrow."

"It's fine :). Just get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow. Good night ______."

"Good night Kevin."

You finally could go to bed and hoped you would sleep that night. Thankfully, you did. You fell fast asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow, curled up next to your sleeping puppy. You didn't dream much that night, probably because you were too exhausted.

At 7 o'clock the next morning, you got up, got ready, and went to your classes at the nearby community college.

Every five minutes, you'd look at the clock and wished it would be 1 already.

Six slow hours later, your teacher told the class that they were dismissed. You practically ran all the way to the parking lot. You didn't have a car because you were trying to save the planet. yes, you were a tree hugger, but actually you wanted to save up for the future. You lived in a small town that had pretty much every store and shop that a city has so you rode your bike everywhere. There was no need for a car. You rode your bike all the way home. When you got inside your apartment, you checked your clock, which read 1:45, which meant only 1 hour and 15 minutes until Kevin would be picking you up so you had to hurry.

You gave a quick pat on Minnie's head and rushed to the bathroom to get a shower. Half an hour later, you finished your shower and were applying your makeup. Then you got dressed, with 15 minutes to spare, but you still had to do your hair.

"Ugh, my hair takes forever. Guess it’s just blow drying for me then."

So with a frustrated sigh, you blow-dried your dirty blonde hair. As you were finishing, you heard a knock at the door, followed by barking from Minnie.

Your heartbeat picked up and you tried to calm yourself down. Calmly, you walked to the door and opened it, revealing Kevin with a smile on his face when he saw what you were wearing.

"Wow, you look so pretty."

"Thank you Kevin."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yep. Just let me grab my coat."

You grabbed your winter coat and locked your door. Kevin held out his arm for you to take ahold of and he led you to his car. Your jaw dropped when you saw it was a Lamborghini.

"Surprised? It's our manager's car. He let me borrow it today."

"Does he know you're taking me out on a date", you asked as you made air quotes around the word "date".

"Ha, sort of. I told him I'm thanking you for your hospitality yesterday. I know I should've told him this was date."

"Oh so it's a date now", you chuckled.

"I suppose it is", Kevin said with a y wink.

Kevin unlocked the expensive vehicle and he went around to open your door, you thanked him, and slid down in the warm car. He went around to the other side and got in the driver's seat.

"Wow this car is so wow. Ha I don't even have words for it."

"Are you sure it's not too lavish. I personally like simple cars, but the manager insisted I take his car."

"It's fine. I wonder why he told you that you had to take this car."

"Who knows? He's strange like that sometimes."

"Oh. So where are you taking me?"

"That my dear is a secret."

"No fair", you said pouting cutely

He laughed. "aigoo so cute, but sorry. I'm not telling."

"Hmmph, fine then", you said crossing your arms over your chest.

"Just wait and find out."

You tried hard to be a little mad at Kevin to make him tell you where he was taking you, but you couldn't get mad at him and gave in half way through the trip. About 20 minutes later, he pulled up to a movie theater parking lot.

"The movies?"

"Yep. Isn't that where guys usually take girls on dates? I mean I know I've been away from the US for a few years, but I remember some things. At least I think. Is that okay?"

"It's perfect", you say excitedly.

Kevin, like the gentleman he is, opened your car door for you. This time instead of linking arms, he held out his hand for you. You both had gloves on, but you hoped that he couldn't feel your sweaty palms. You were never nervous about going on a date before.

He held the door open for you and you both walked into the theater. An older woman saw what Kevin did.

"Aww you two make such a cute couple, and so gentlemanly. Every young man should be like that."

"Thank you ma'am", Kevin said respectfully.

The lady just smiled at you.

You walked to the ticket counter, looking at all the different movies playing. You couldn't decide.

"Kevin, which movie do you want to see?"

"Whatever you want to see. I really don't mind which one we see."

"Ugh you don't make this easy, do you", you say teasingly.

"Ha, nope."

After looking over the movies two more times, you still couldn't decide.

"I give up. You pick."

"Ha okay, if you insist. Just remember, you had your chance to pick."

Kevin looks over the movie choices and his eyes land dead on "No Guts, No Glory", a movie about zombies, a horror movie, which you hate, but you weren't going to tell him that.

Kevin talks to the ticket lady. "Two tickets for No Guts, No Glory please."

The cashier handed Kevin the tickets and you went over to the concession stand to get some popcorn and sodas. Kevin came up behind you.

"Anything you want to eat, my treat."

"Thanks, but I'll just get popcorn and a soda."

Kevin tells that you two want a large bucket of popcorn and two large sodas.

After paying for your snacks, you walk to the theater room and hand the ticket guy your ticket stubs.

There was barely anyone in the theater so you picked the seat up at the top.

As soon as you sat down, the beginning credits starting rolling. You were terrified of scary movies and you saw the preview for this movie and knew you'd be like a little girl and be scared and probably have to hide your face behind your hands. You didn't want Kevin to think you couldn't handle movies like this.

When the movie started, it wasn't too bad, but about 20 minutes into it, zombies were all over the place and you were trying hard not to look. Instead, you turned to see Kevin's face. He was watching intently to the movie, not even phased by the gore at all. You always thought he was afraid of these kind of movies just as much as you were. Behind that pretty face, prettier than any girl's you knew, was a manly, handsome guy, who you were on a date with right now. You still couldn't believe he asked you out. Kevin noticed you were staring at him.

"What is it? Are you scared?"

"Hm, oh no I'm okay. I'm just spacing out I guess."

You both turn your attention back to the movie. Just then, a zombie popped up out of nowhere, making almost every girl and some guys in the theater scream, including you. You once again hid your eyes behind your hands. Thinking the scary scene was over, you peeked out from your hands and once again, another scary part came on and you buried your head in Kevin's arm. You could feel Kevin chuckling from your fear, not a mean laugh.

"You're scared aren't you?"

You looked up into Kevin's face with a pout.

"Neh."

You just continued to stare in Kevin's deep chocolate eyes. He stared longingly into your deep blue ones. You both stared at each other, never moving your gaze, for a while. Then Kevin started to lean in a little and you knew what he expected. You were still recovering from your last breakup so you quickly diverted your attention back to the movie. Realizing you weren't going to kiss him, he looked back towards the screen with a small look of disappointment.

After the movie ended, you walked out of the theater, out to the parking lot, where you got in the car, ready to go home, at least that was what you expected.

"Do you want to go for some coffee", Kevin asked.

"Sure."

Kevin started the car up once again and drove to the cafe near your apartment, kind of like the one in your dream two nights before.

After locking the car, you headed into the small cafe and got a table in one of the back booths.

You looked at the menu and decided on a French vanilla latte.

The waitress came over to take your order.

"I'll have a French vanilla latte please."

Kevin said, "I'll take a hot chocolate and a slice of cherry cheesecake please."

"Okay your order will be ready soon."

The waitress left, leaving you two sitting in the secluded booth. After what happened in the theater, you weren't sure what was up with Kevin, but you felt really bad. You wanted so badly to return his kiss, but something in you wanted to wait.

Several minutes later, the waitress returned with your drinks and Kevin's dessert.

You weren't hungry before, but seeing that delicious dessert, made your mouth water.

"Would you like a bite", Kevin asked between laughs.

You didn't even notice that you were glaring hungrily at his pie.

Kevin put a small piece of the pie on his fork and fed it to you. It was delicious, even more so because Kevin fed it to you.

"Mmm delicious."

Kevin took his fork again and stuck a piece of it in his mouth, using the same fork you did. You were definitely a little surprised, but you knew that he and s probably eat off the same utensils all the time.

You absentmindedly took a sip of your latte, looking outside, where it had started to snow. You didn't know what else to talk about. Thankfully, Kevin was the first one to speak up.

"If you don't like horror movies, why did you agree to go see it?"

His tone wasn't rigid; it was more filled with concern and curiosity.

"Well I couldn't pick a movie and you picked it. I wanted to watch what you picked, whether I liked it or not. I just enjoyed your company."

"Oh, well I'm kind of glad you didn't say anything. It was cute seeing you get scared like that."

"Oh, was it now", you said sarcastically while doing your best aegyo.

"Haha, so cute", he said pinching your cheeks.

"By the way, you have beautiful eyes", Kevin said making you blush.

"Thank you. You have beautiful ones as well. They are such a deep, warm, chocolate brown. I only wish I had eyes that color."

"Well, not many people have blue eyes like you so I'll trade you."

"Ha, is that even legal", you asked in between giggles.

"I'm not sure. Probably not, but that's why man invented color lenses."

"Oh well, I'll just settle with looking into your eyes."

When you said that, you could see Kevin blush a little.

You stifled a laugh as you both finished your drinks.

After Kevin paid for the drinks and dessert, he drove you back home to your apartment.

Like a good gentleman, he walked you to your door. You turned to Kevin, who seemed to glow like an angel in the moonlight. Truly breathtaking.

"I had an amazing time this afternoon. Best date I've had since...", but you couldn't finish your sentence because you started to cry at the painful memory of your ex-boyfriend.

Kevin wrapped you up in a comforting hug. You just continued to cry on his shoulder, partly from the memory and partly from feeling bad for crying in front of Kevin.

Kevin ran a gentle hand through your hair and patted your back. Finally you stopped crying and broke from the hug.

"Is that why you didn't kiss me at the movies?"

The question struck you like a freight train. You hung your head sadly.

"Neh."

Kevin put his hand under your chin and lifted your head up to make you look at him.

"Hey, it's fine. I wasn't going to push the issue. I completely understand. I just figured I was moving too fast, but now I know the reason why. You take as much time as you need to heal. I'll be here. I'll always be here."

"That makes me feel, like you don't even know. Thank you so much Kevin."

You practically knocked him down from the hug you gave him. Once again, you wrapped each other in a warm embrace.

After breaking apart, you dug your keys out of your purse and unlocked your door. You turned around and gave Kevin a kiss on the cheek. Unlike your dream, he didn't move his head and so your lips connected with his cheek.

You said goodbye and you watched him get in his car and drive away before you closed the door. You slid down against the door and cried.