Outing - Seungbo POV

Worth a try

I don't know why, but it constantly felt like Minseok was refusing to accept the fact that Varsity was actually the group he was going to debut in... It seemed like he was waiting for the group to go under so that he could move on to the next one where there wasn't so many strange people that came from abroad...

I honestly don't know why but something drew me in, despite his clear efforts to avoid anyone that hadn't been forcibly introduced to him by Seungwook (the only person that knew him before he joined Varsity). I think it was because he seemed to have a fun personality but didn't seem to be the type to show it.

I had actually managed to get him to try to relax when we were over Dongchun's but he still seemed tense around anyone he couldn't talk to (because of the language barrier) or people that could talk in other languages... Maybe that was why he avoided me so much?

I sighed, finding myself alone in the living room watching a tv show in english, one that Anthony had recommended, but my mind was to distracted to even try translating that back into Korean. I had managed to get the whole house to myself, with the exception of Xiweol who wouldn't leave his room (so it was as good as being alone). I tapped my fingers on my leg before I finally made up my mind, getting up and turning off the television in the process of finalising my decision. I marched myself over to Xiweol and Riho's room, opening the door and looking at my startled hyung.

"What's up?" He asked, seemingly thinking that something was wrong and that I was asking for him to sort it out.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out?" I asked and he rolled his chair away from the desk where his laptop was sitting.

"Why?" He questioned sceptically and I internally sighed, he was very closed in.

"Because I am bored, you seem bored and we haven't ever tried before... Plus there is literally no one else here." I pointed out and then internally kicked myself for the last part, it just made me seem like I was trying to amuse myself.

"Fine, what are we doing?" He asked and I froze for a second, I hadn't expected him to actually say yes.

"We're eating out, we leave in five minutes, get changed..." I told him before walking out and closing the door, hearing him mutter a simple 'fine' before my eyes widened and I let my jaw drop for a moment before straightening out my face and rushing over to my room to get out of my 'lazy' clothes and into something more presentable.

Even though he had technically said he would go out with me I was surprised to find myself walking down town to my favourite restaurant. It was the most we could afford as trainees but it was still alright.

"So, are you dying your hair?" He asked me, shocking me for a moment.

"Uh... no... what about you?" I asked awkwardly as he looked straight on, messing with his hands behind his back.

"I'm going blue." He said and I stepped in front of him, surprising him and making him stop in his tracks, looking at me for an answer as to why I wasn't allowing him to walk any further.

I brushed my hand through his hair, scrutinising it as I felt the soft strands fall through my finger tips before stepping back with my hands on his shoulder and looking at his full profile. "I think it will work." I decided suddenly, dropping my hands from his shoulders and slightly regretting it afterwards, I missed the sensation as soon as it was gone. "Just... try a lighter blue before you go darker." I muttered before turning around and walking only to look back and find he hadn't moved.

I quickly rushed back and grabbed his hand.

"Hurry up, if we don't get there before lunch hour all of the good food will be gone." I told him as we picked up the pace a bit more but he honestly seemed both spaced out and confused at the same time.

"So..." I began as we had sat down and were waiting for out drinks. "You must have been recognised before, your pictures were released even though you never debuted, right?" I asked and he looked slightly shocked but snapped out of it within a second when some glasses got placed on the table before us and the waiter smiled an apology before walking away, surprised that he had managed to make Minseok jump.

"Uh, yeah... not many people bother with groups before the teaser images are released though..." He said and took a sip from his drink. "Why did you decide to be an idol, you lived in Dubai?"

"I don't know, I just... did..." I muttered. "I found it interesting and when I got the chance I took it..." I explained. "But I expected to be the one that no one would understand... I just had to join a group with Chinese members..." I muttered dramatically and Minseok burst out into a small laugh. I smiled at his reaction.

"You're probably the most intimidating member..." He said then stopped speaking and covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I'm intimidating?" I asked, confused. "If anything I thought I would be the least intimidating." I muttered as I slouched back into my seat.

"It's because you speak so many languages..." He admitted after a few seconds of awkward silence. "You could say anything and I'd have no idea... Plus, I would never be able to learn that much."

"This sounds like the beginning of some really cheesy drama..." I said, trying to break the thickness of the air between us.

"Hey! I was trying to be serious..." He said. "I'm your Hyung, you should treat me as your senior!" He suddenly said in a half-serious voice.

"Of course Hyung, I'm sorry." I said with a smirk. "From now on I will treat as though you were my Ahjumma." I smiled as the tips of his ears went red from anger, but I could tell he was also slightly amused by my words.

"You haven't been in the country since you were ten, yet you already know how to insult someone so well." He said mono-tone. "You are truly talented..."

"Oh did I insult you Hyung? I'll try to be more careful with what I say from now on." I muttered smugly and he just shook his head smiling.

"Thanks." He randomly said and I looked at him blankly. "For coming out with me today... I needed to get out."

"You'd probably prefer going out with Seungwook though..." I sighed, feeling a little defeated but glad at the same time.

"No, it's been alright so far." He shrugged and I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "But I won't say anything because I still need to sit through a full meal with you and get back to the dorm before I will admit that it has been fun." He said smugly.

"So you admit you're having fun?" I asked, probing for a positive response.

"No, it has been awkward... for the most part." He said and I shrugged. "But I think it could be fun."

"I'll take that." I shrugged and he laughed at my actions.

After that we ended up getting more relaxed around each other, close enough to say we were actually friends but not as close as all of those K-pop groups you see on television that seem like family (that might take a little time yet...) but close enough to say we know each other.

In the end we got back to the dorms and found ourselves just sitting and chatting for a few hours, even after the rest of the members got back and looked at us like the whole world had just caved in then went back to whatever they were doing, not taking the effort to ask. We were sitting in the dark for a good half an hour before we both decided it was time to go to bed, especially considering the only reason it was dark was because it had gotten so late that the streetlights outside were turned off. 

I ended up going to bed feeling more content than I had in a long time. I felt as though there was something there that I had never noticed before and It was an emotion that was humming with delight... the only problem was that I had no idea what it was that I was feeling so happy about. I wasn't sure if it was because I had finally managed to get Minseok to properly talk to me or if it was because of something else. Either way it had me staying up until morning questioning myself. The only reason I got to sleep was because I saw the sun rising and realised that we were going to be taking photos for our debut in the afternoon.