Chapter 01

Goodbye Until Tomorrow

"So Jimin, what are your next plans for this year? Everyone is very excited for your next plays. We heard that you were offered the role of Jack Singer of Honeymoon in Vegas. Is this true?"

Jimin just smiled and prepared himself to answer. It was a very hectic year for him, that it was impossible for him to get a short vacation. Even to visit his parents was impossible. It has been like this for the last five years. He was so busy that he didn't even noticed how the time passed him by. What he was just aware about is his exhausted vocal chords and body. He has been singing and dancing non-stop for these past years. And he is more than thankful with all the plays that was offered to him. He's able to appreciate this more when his mind reminds him all those years that he was a C-list theatre actor. It was hard for him to passed even the initial audition, (of course except the time when he passed that one audition, and felt that he was on the top of the world, but was wrecked when everything went crushing down.) but now, it was the opposite. Like he was brought to an alternate universe where everything was working out perfectly for him. Right after he miraculously passed the audition and played the role of Adam Pascal for the musical Rent, he became a rising star and suddenly everyone wanted to cast him. At first he even saw some of the people who failed him before and even insulted his singing, of course they forgot about him, they started on showering him praises that even he will never see that in himself.

"I don't really wanna disclose anything. Specially, now that we still have the last stretch of our show. I think I will be able to decide after we finish this. But I think the only thing that I can say is that I'm already reading some scripts." He smiled at the interviewer. They were at the hotel's lobby where he was staying for a week for their last series of show. They still have four shows. The hotel lobby was relatively cozy and quiet. The ambiance of the place makes him more comfortable.

The interviewer who he remembers introduced himself as Kim Namjoon, looked at him and furrowed his brows, confused as he asked him. "You're reading? Is it something new?" Jimin smiled.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." And the confusion that was evident on the other man's face became more disoriented. Jimin just laughed at him. Remembering the guy. The guy was funny in a weird way and he really made him comfortable. Some of the interviews he had before were almost irksome in the extent that he never wanted to be interviewed again. He remembered his faint memories about being interviewed. Reciting answers like it was already like a chant. Addressing questions that was being asked to him over and over again. While the person that was the reason behind his distress was just talking and socializing with the people that he's been interacting for almost everyday. So saying that interviews annoys him was an understatement. It made him mad. So, now that Namjoon made these memories and experiences shift into a fun and comfortable, he was more than thankful.

"Do you still have a question?" asked Jimin.

Namjoon, woken up from his reverie. Shook his head and hid his bewilderment as he smiled, showing his dimples. "No, that's all. Thank you for the pleasure."

"No, I should be thankful that you're the one who's doing this with me instead of other annoying media people. Thank you Namjoon. I wish you can be my personal interviewer." And he stood up as Namjoon blushed because of the compliment. He was also very nervous with the interview. Park Jimin has a reputation of refusing some interviews. Reason: because they ask him so much questions that was about his 'failed' history. That's why his management tried to minimize the interviews for articles or news. He became a household name. And he solidified it he lands on roles in Broadway. He is also famous in making new musicals famous. He started supporting new playwrights on his third year since his stardom and all of these were critically acclaimed. And it's one of the many reasons why people likes Park Jimin. He supports 'small' people in reaching their dreams and he never forgets his roots. Some of the playwrights that became famous because of him were Kim Taehyung for his Never Ending Night Dance and Min Yoongi for his Maybe I'll See Why When Our Stars Collides Again. He is also known for supporting dance studios like Jung Hoseok's, when he dance to the choreographer's show.

"See you Namjoon." And Jimin left him. He was only brought back again to reality when someone held his hand. Surprised, he looked at the person. And he smiled. A very warm smile.

"Hey." He said at the man looking at him. Mirroring his warm smile. "Did you wait long?"

"No." The man smiled and intertwined their fingers. "It was actually fun when I saw you. You were so awkward, by the way."

"Wow~ Thank you Jin-hyung. I feel so uplifted. You're a really nice husband." He replied sarcastically. And Jin just laughed louder.

"And just to tell you. He said that he liked me."

The two was so lost with each other that they didn't even noticed the other people around. Even the person who Namjoon was talking to awhile ago. Jimin was just staring at them. He smiled. Very happy for the two. He knows Jin and he was kind of stupid because he just remembered that Namjoon was Jin's husband for eight years. He knows Jin because he played alongside Jimin on the musical Rent. Jin played Angel Dumott Schunard. He saw how the two was so comfortable with each other. Supporting and rescuing each other. That they are ready to win or fail as long as they are together. It made him imagine a couple from a long time ago, who started to build their life with each other with their promises that they will cherish every waking and sleeping moment with other. But all those memories was doomed to be empty words. He is genuinely happy for Jin and Namjoon. And he seriously roots for the two. But for him, it will be a long road of moving on. Moving too fast was too painful for him.

In their last show, he thought that he saw someone familiar from the audience as they bowed. He dismissed it when he tried looking again and didn't saw a person whom he last seen five years ago. He returned to his dressing room thinking that it was just a hallucination due to his exhausted mind and body. Upon sitting in front of his vanity mirror, he just saw a flower on his table. As he picked it up, the letter from the bouquet fell on the ground. As he crouched down to pick it, his agent entered the room to hand over a manuscript. The title was Revolutionary Road.

The manuscript turned out to be very decent. He later found out that it was based on a novel. He liked the story. It was very painful and realistic. He must say that he was emotionally strike by the story. He can sympathize with the characters and thought that maybe it was the right time to really face his own issues.

When he started to became famous, news about his past was brought out of light. Specially his failed marriage with the critically acclaimed writer Jeon Jungkook. They were both silent about it and just released a formal statement that it was true and doesn't want to discuss it furthermore. At first Jimin was very hurt by the cold treatment. He thought that maybe Jungkook will try to explain it and will even try to protect his former husband from these news. As a he was the one who left Jimin in the first place. But Jeon Jungkook was so high that he didn't even bother. He was very sensitive about the matter. As for now, he became more open and learned to be civil about the matter. It was just that reporters were very careful about it, scared that they'll lose their opportunity on getting an exclusive scoop about Park Jimin. Nowadays, it's very rare to hear news about Jeon Jungkook. He's still alive of course. He still publish books from time to time. But he never entertained any interviews after they divorced.

And after reading the manuscript, he saw himself in the characters. He shares the same sentiments with the two lead. The story was about a troubled couple who started as two people who were insanely in love with other. Like how he and Jungkook were. But of course, that's what the story will lead to a heart-breaking development. He became confident that he will be able to portray the character. Like how the saying goes,

'Experience is the best teacher.'

But he was also scared that it may open some wounds that he wasn't sure if they're already healed.