Water

Long Way Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Taekwoon had calmed down and was sure he wasn't going to throw up again, Ravi guided him back to the bench and sat him down. "Where do you keep the glasses?" He asked, skirting round the sideboard so he was stood in front of the stove facing the other man. Taekwoon let out a small groan and raised a finger, pointing blindly as he hung his head "Under the sink." Finally, something that was logical in that apartment. The rapper nodded mutely, crouching down and spotting the cabinet straight away. There were only five mis-matched glasses in there, along with three mugs. He took one of the glasses, a small one with red spots painted on it. There was a tiny crack on the lip but it was clear Taekwoon would never throw it away so he made an effort not to grip it too hard, for fear of causing more damage. 

He half-filled it with water from the tap before leaning over and handing it to the writer, who looked up at him in confusion. "Drink it," Ravi ordered softly "You'll be dehydrated." Taekwoon hesitated for a second or two but then conceded and accepted the drink, sipping at it once or twice before his thirst completely got the better of him and he chugged the whole thing down. He wiped his mouth with the back of his sleeve before setting the cup down, only to have the rapper take it and re-fill it before handing it back to him and sitting back down. 

The feeling of hunger had left Ravi now. It's difficult to think about food or any type of nourishment for yourself when somebody has just exposed so much of themselves to you, and yet so little. There were still so many questions he had to ask Taekwoon. Their talk in the bathroom had encouraged him to be so much more open about himself; he decided he would like to tell the writer some things about his life too. Nothing much, there wasn't much to tell (something else he had realised while in the bathroom), but he wanted to tell him something. 

Taekwoon dipped the tip of his index finger in his water, watching as a large droplet fell from it back into the glass as he drew it back. He stared at the ripple it made for a few seconds before raising his head to gaze out the window. It was a cloudy day. A thin fringe of mist teased the tops of the office blocks and apartment buildings, dancing lazily around the aerials and chimneys but not daring the fall as low as the damp street itself. He sighed loudly. It was all so grey, dull; depressing.

"I'm going to go to the park," he mumbled, half-unaware that he had said so outloud as he propped his chin on his palm. Ravi frowned and followed his gaze, blinking at the miserable skyline "Is that a good idea? The weather looks a little crap today."

"I want to go to the park," Taekwoon repeated "It helps me think." His eyes were glassy as he got to his feet, getting on his hands and knees beside the bed and pulling out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter