Love

Long Way Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had passed and Taekwoon hadn't moved from his position lying on the hospital bed. Wires were attached to his chest and an IV was inserted into his hand. A large tube was in his mouth and throat attached to a large oxygen machine which sat next to the screen showing his heart rate, the clear plastic fogging up every few seconds as the young man breathed. There was another, thinner tube taped to his cheek going up his nose.

Ravi sat in his usual seat, head down, both hands cupping one of Taekwoon's. The room was warm but somehow his skin seemed chilled. That had been a problem the doctor had pointed out: the writer's temperature kept dropping every now and then. But Taekwoon just lay there, blissfully unaware of the the fear and worry being radiated by the people around him. But sleep never came so easy for Ravi. He would try to doze off but found he never quite could.

Everybody had begun to take turns sitting with the rapper beside the bed, organising it to co-encide with their work schedules. This was great for Hongbin and Hakyeon since they could just alternate on shifts, but Jaehwan was finding it harder. It was killing him that he couldn't be there all the time and the others knew it- no matter how hard he tried to act like everything was okay. Afterall, it was understandable after how close he, Taekwoon and Sanghyuk were.

Nobody really spoke much- well, they did to each other but didn’t much to Ravi. They were all still angry at him. Or disapointed, in Sanghyuk’s case. The younger man had professed to the others that he was much too sad to be angry at anybody. Poor kid.

So, Ravi simply sat there in painful, solitary silence. He felt like he was running on a different frequency to the others, like he was in a foreign country where he knew nothing of the language.The only person he could communicate with was no longer recieving or returning his signals. He was so alone. He had become trapped in his own mind, unable to explain himself, or comfort the others, or even tell Taekwoon that he loved him. He had never told him. Not verbally. Taekwoon had never gotten to hear those words, not from him...

Sometimes he would pretend they could communicate telepathically. At times like this, when it was just the two of them, they would have entire conversations like the many they would have at the apartment. How are you? I'm good. The weather is bad again. Oh yeah. Really? Interesting. It was the only way to drown out the bleeping of the machines- it was maddening.

“Ah Kim Wonshik, you are here again?” The doctor said as he entered the room, clipboard tucked under his arm and eyebrows raised.

Ravi nodded and sat back in his seat,  allowing the man to do his work.

The doctor silently moved around the room checking on the machines and adjusting the tubes before writing things down. "The pulse rate has increased and is weak and irregular. Blood pressure has decreased," he muttered, more to himself than Ravi. "But there is no need at this time to take vital signs, orders and usual procedures notwithstanding. This is all pretty normal for comatosed patients." He then turned to the other man in the room "Has he been washed?"

Ravi nodded once more and patted the flannel and towel that were folded neatly beside him on the bedside table. The doctor smiled "Good." He wrote something else in his notes "And you're all speaking comforting words to him?" Ravi sent him a dark glare and grabbed Taekwoon's hand once more, rubbing his thumb over the soft skin. It was ghostly pale and beginning to become slightly mottled. "Ah," the doctor bit his lip, looking down in embarrassment before deciding to change the subject "Have you done your steam inhalation today? Taken your cough suppressants?"

Please, just go away. The younger man nodded inanimatedly and ran his free hand through Taekwoon's hair, combing the blonde strands back from his face. He not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter