Chapter 1

Live and forget

"Seokjin-ah! Wake up you're already late for school!" Seokjin's mom shouted from their kitchen. Signaling for another boring day to start.

Seokjin rubbed his eyes as his mother's words totally sank in his head. He made his way downstairs and he sat on their dining table.

Everything in Seokjin's life worked just fine. He had his most loving and caring mother in the world and he also lived comfortable enough to do appropriate things. They're not living that glamorously but the money that his late father gave to them, plus he's money that he earned from his part time job was enough for them to eat at least three times a day.

Seokjin is currently taking his last year as a senior high at Seoul High School. Although, it's hard for him to go back again in High School the Gods left him no choice but to take that nasty fact.

In Seokjin's age he should be taking his last year in college but everything doesn't seemed to work out well with him.

He was in coma for almost two years and he lost almost all of his memories regarding his life in college. His mother said that it is because of the accident that happened when they went to a family trip in Busan two years ago.

His mother said that his father died because of that accident.

But something smells fishy. Something really doesn't felt right. How come that the accident didn't left him any damages or scars in his body? His body was just perfectly fine as if something like that horrible accident hadn't occurred.

And what curious him the most is why didn't her mother mention anything about that accident except for the Busan-trip-thing information since the day he woke up?

Was she hiding something?

Seokjin shook those senseless thoughts out of his mind and just ate his breakfast silently. He stared at the pink wall clock in front of the dining table and he noticed that it's just 20 minutes before his first class.

Feeling the need to hurry, Seokjin ate his breakfast quickly and got ready for school. He transformed his clothes quickly into uniform and he grabbed his school bag that is placed messily at the back of his room.

He said his farewell towards his mother and he placed a peck on her cheeks.

"Bye, mom. I'll be back, right away after school." He smiled genuinely.

"Okay. But, Don't forget not to hang around with those weird friends of yours."

She gave him a one last hug before she let go of his son.

It is true that his friends were truly weird and crazy specially, Kim Taehyung.

One time they went at Seokjin's house for a school project they made his house looked like a zoo with an uninvited alien on it.

There's Taehyung who's always asking peculiar things to him, that made him freaked out of frustration. There's Jungkook and Jimin who played with the kitchen stove, debating whether the fire would burn Jimin's hand or not, but obviously Jimin got the price for burning his fingertip. There's also their horse-like friend who tried to paint the walls in green color with the art materials that they supposed to use in their art project, but ended spilling it all up on his mother's face when she tried to stop Hoseok from doing it.

Their house is a pure mess after that incident. Mrs. Kim tried so hard to chase Hoseok and make him regret about what he just did, but failed when Hoseok just created a bigger mess when almost all of the things in their house got destroyed by Hoseok while he tried to escape from Seokjin's mom.

Even if they're, well.. he hated to say it but such a hypocrites, they're at least helpful sometimes. Whenever he had a problem that he can't solve alone, they're always on his side to help him. Maybe that's the reason why he couldn't just left them behind.

~•~

When Seokjin arrived, he run hurriedly to the campus because it's almost 10 minutes past the bell for his first class. Well, it's fine because it's Mr. Oh Sehun's class, but still. When he arrived at his Mr. Oh's class he saw some of his friends, Yoongi and Jimin. He found his seat between his friends and slithered through his seat. Luckily their teacher was now facing the blackboard and wasn't paying attention in the class so he didn't notice that he's late.

Jimin and Yoongi shot him a suspicious glances because he doesn't usually arrive this late when it comes to school.

"Why are you so late?" Scold Jimin.

"Oh, it's just my alarm clock broke so I didn't notice the time." He lied. But he's really bad a lying so Yoongi caught him on the act.

"Stop lying, Hyung. We know that you hadn't got a good sleep again last night. " Said Yoongi. "Plus, you didn't have an alarm clock. You usually woke up by yourself."

"No, that's not true. I had a really great sleep last night and I decided to use an alarm clock now because i'm sick of waking myself up alone." He lied again. It's true that he never got any pleasant sleep lately. He doesn't know why but a couple of frightful nightmares kept hunting him down every night. There's one night when he dreamt about a monster who kept chasing him while he kept running and running towards nothingness.

"Whatever." They said simultaneously to Seokjin.

"Hyperthymesia or also known as photographic memory is the condition of a person who possesses an extremely good memory, meaning he or she can remember anything vividly without hesitation or conscious effort." Their teacher again faced his class.

"People with Hyperthymesia can remember almost everyday of their lives in near perfect detail. Whenever they encounter a date, they 'see' a vivid description of that day in their heads. Superior Autobiographical Memory is a newly discovered phenomenon. Individuals with this ability we're able to recall every detail in the past. When given a date they are usually able to remember precisely what they ate for breakfast, programmes they watched on television, details of conversations, who they we're with and what they did on that day." Their professor babbled almost boringly to his class. Yoongi who's unsurprisingly not interested in what their teacher was lecturing about, just sleep on his desk. While Jimin and Seokjin kept their senses focused on their lesson.

"So professor, peoples with hy-hy..."

"Hyperthymesia." Their professor corrected.

"Yes that thing. Are they happy because they have an extremely good memory that they can remember in specific detail everything that they just saw once? I mean they can even memorize a whole book in just a minute and pass all the exam without putting any effort." Asked one of the students.

"Actually, there are some other people who's happy and proud about their condition and some others we're not. Other people find it very traumatic to live with this condition. Inability to move on with our lives is really scary it means when they encountered a bad memory it will be hard to move on with it." Their professor answered the question quite impressively. The word hyperthymesia was somehow familiar to Seokjin but he really can't recall where did he encounter that word. Maybe, in fictional movies?

"Professor, are there any cases of people with Hyperthymesia here in South Korea?" Jimin raised his right hand.

"Actually, i'm not quite sure if there's one here in our country so... for that question research at least one person who has a similar condition here in Korea. Make sure to write all the description about that person in a bond paper. And don't forget quiz on Monday about our lesson for today." Their professor announced and he declared the end of the class. Yoongi, who just wake up from his slumber stretched his arms and the three started to retreat outside their classroom.

"Aish! We got useless assignment from that teacher again." Yoongi complained as he rubbed his eyes.

"I really regret asking. When we ask, he should know the answer! Now he's asking us to do his job for him." Jimin pouted cutely.

"It's okay, jiminnie. Don't worry I will do your assignment for you."

"As if you would actually do it." Jimin rolled his eyes.

Seokjin just smiled with their childish act. When they move on to their next scheduled class, everything went by like a blur to Seokjin and the day end quickly.

~•~

Their way back to their houses went on quietly with Seokjin sandwiched between his two friends. For some reason they didn't see Jungkook and Hoseok again today. Maybe because they always had more busy schedules than them.

Seokjin's house are more far than the two that's why he needed to take as cab instead of a bus on the way to his house.

He let off the two to the bus stop and he said his last words to them.

"So.. don't accept anything from the strangers anymore. You know what happened to Hoseok when he accept a herbal medicine from an unknown ahjumma. He ended up having diarrhea for almost a month." He warned them like a worried mom he is. "And don't forget to do your assignments."

"Yes, eomma." They both replied.

Jimin and Taehyung both got in the bus and wave at Seokjin who was now smiling at them from outside.

Seokjin's mom greeted him a warm welcome as soon as he arrived and he he kissed his mother both on the cheeks.

Seokjin went directly to his room to change his uniform and to get ready for dinner. After he changed into clothes he went to the dining table and again sat on a chair.

His mother again question him about school like always.

"So how's school? Is it fun? Did someone bullied you again for liking color pink? Just tell me and I will make sure that they won't be able to see how beautiful is life again." Here again his mother being an over protective mother she was. Well of course all mothers should always care about their children even if their sons and daughters we're the most wanted serial killer in the world.

"Mom, I'm a senior high school already i'm sure no one would have the guts to bully me there."

"Well let's say you're college already but you looked too weak and feminine looking than other students at your age."

"Mom!"

"It's true! You're prettier than other girls in our neighborhood." His mom teased.

"Aish! It's your fault mom. Why did I need to look like you?"

"Well because I'm your mother and you're always my beautiful daughter."

"Araso. So can we eat now? I'm really starving!" Seokjin whined.

Seokjin finished his dinner up with his mother and he washed the dishes.
After washing the dishes he headed directly to get some rest. It's Sunday tomorrow so he can sleep longer tonight.

He laid back at his bed and unlocked his phone. He couldn't sleep yet so he decide to search their assignment from Mr.Oh a while ago through his phone.

'People with Hyperthymesia in South Korea.'

He typed, but nothing appeared. Maybe his mother disconnect the Wi-Fi again.

Seokjin sighed and he decided to just use the cellular data. He searched again and finally some information and images appeared in the screen.

He kept scrolling different images until a guy with a blonde hair and has a mask on caught his attention. The said man was leading a group of some what looked like soldiers.

He looked familiar...