Dare

Are you bulletproof? | BTSxReader

A soft knock filled the dark room, making you turn around in the bed. Your swollen eyes, that were too tired to cry. You have forgotten for how long you stayed, crying under the bed sheets. Recovering your broken heart, from the event that occurred. Everything was at a loss, laying in the same foster position, when you remembered his words. You thought it was myth, that people got devastated when their heart broke. When you came home from Daegu, neither of the boys, specially Yoongi, spoke to you. Information was lacking in the group, that was going to be revealed later. Jungkook and Jimin, were the ones to be angriest. They didn't understand your tears, or what happened in Daegu. Jessica was basically too busy with Jackson, unknowingly forgetting your presence.

"Y/N...?" The bass voice came closer, leaving light streak through the door from the hallway. You covered your dirty face with a pillow, as you turned around. Human interaction, was the last things you wanted. Neither did you want any of the boys to see you like this, they didn't deserve this. The figure came closer, feeling his presence seat on the bed. A warm hand your hip, making you bite onto your bottom lip. You swore you wouldn't cry, but it was to no help.

"You need to talk to one of us..." Namjoon had been using days, going into your room. Finding you under the same blanket, same clothes and painful tears. He hated to see you like this, especially when he knew why. He wouldn't let the others come in, unless they were certain of what to say. This wasn't like the other occasions, of a runaway. Jin tried to cook your favourite food, to persuade your body to come out. You only ate half of what he made, when the feelings of devastation ate your hunger.

"We need to prepare our comeback.. we can't do it without you..." He continued to speak, your hip. He felt the twitches, you made under the cloth. You were crying, holding back your screams.

"The others miss seeing your face... Jimin has been sitting outside in the hallway waiting for you, when he had breaks. Jungkook joined him and now they are both sleeping, in the hallway.." He finished, making you sit up. Your muscles giving in, to his words of the others. They were all caring for you, and it was to no one's surprise, that you forgot.

Your puffy face, that surprised even Namjoon. The darkened room, kept your appearance to a minimum. His hand brushed your hair away, to feel your sticky salt watered stained cheeks. An unfamiliar chuckle, filled your ears.

"I know, it hurts. But, together we can get through this... Soon, it's like it never happened.." He spoke gently, making you nod along. It wasn't that you wanted it to disappear, because the time with Yoongi, was a blessing. He took care of you, made you try out what people called 'love'. The thing you wanted to forget, was his way of letting you in, to throw you away again.

"I need to take a shower" You commented, feeling your throat dry as the desert in Dubai. Namjoon was surprised to hear you speak, but nodded at your request. your cheek one last time, his form disappeared out of the room. Your energy bar has been drained, from just laying around. Sighing of your miserable self, you picked out some jogging pants and a loose top. It was a day off, so doing anything extraordinary, wasn't your first priority.

The door felt heavy to open, seeing the light blind your eyes. It was only midday and to your surprise, Jimin and Jungkook were loudly asleep on the floor. Namjoon didn't lie, to get you out. Smiling of their posture, you walked silently over to the bathroom. Before your hand touched the door knob, someone opened it before you. The person, you wanted avoid of all cost. Yoongi had just taken a shower, smelling of fresh fruit. His facial expression in shock and wonder, seeing your dirty form in front of him. His mouth open, wanting to say something, but Namjoon was to the rescue.

"Hyung... Bang is on the phone" He spoke in the back, making you dart Yoongi's eyes. The black-haired boy, wanted to caress the tears he created. You were nothing, but everything to him. Seeing your actions, he let go of you. Walking past, letting your shoulders and wind touch your cold body. Your hands trembling, silently reaching for the boy's shirt. It was too late.

Yoongi's back was turned towards you, when you looked. You thought, if you could just get a sign, that it was nothing but a joke. A stupid stunt. He never turned around, letting your hopes fall to the ground. The pieces of your heart, were shattered enough, making you step inside to lock everything out.

Yoongi was told, to never look at you. Namjoon couldn't bear, to see you in this state. The leader, predicted this would happen, but not to this extent. Scolding, after scolding. Yoongi was a mess inside, wanting to barge into your room. Hold you tight and tell you, that he didn't care about Bang's order. He wanted you, to be by his side. Seeing your state for the first time in days, his heart fell seeing the blood shot eyes, darted at him. Your trembling state, of a heartbroken woman. It was his doing, for his selfish mistakes. Walking along the hallway, he felt your cold shoulder against his. A feeling, he missed. The urge of turning around, prickling against his chest. Disobeying Namjoon, he looked back, but your figure was gone.


The warm water and the scent of strawberries, filled the bathroom. The steam fogging the mirror, as you let yourself go under the shower. Feeling every drop of hot liquid, getting your muscles to relax of the touch. It was a shower, that you appreciated now and then. Though, it would usually be after a stressful day. Water crashing onto the tiled floor, muffled your hearing while you hummed. The boys were rustling in the hallway, knowing you were finally out of your cave.

Turning the water off, you felt like a newly born baby. Everything was clean, as the heat stayed onto your skin. The cool hair from the opened window, gave you chills covering your body. Putting on your favourite pair of loosened trousers and top, you put your hair into a ponytail. Cleaning your face, gave you a new sensation of cleanliness.

Walking down the narrowed hallway, the boys were in the kitchen. Your eyes widened, to see them preparing food. Jin were hovering over the stove, as Namjoon were cleaning the cabbages. Jungkook and Jimin, looked inside a recipe book to figure out a cake. Hoseok were cutting the vegetables, meanwhile Taehyung found the ingredients for Jin. It was a rare sight, to see them all work at once. The kitchen wasn't the biggest, but it was close to being filled, as they all walked around bumping into each other.

"Is there a reason, to almost cramp yourself in the kitchen?" You questioned, leaning against the doorway. Jimin's smile gave you a heart-warming feeling, as Taehyung turned around to rush his way towards you. His arms swinging to the side, as he tugs you into a hug. His beating heart echoed in your ear, as he preaches how much he missed you. Smiling at his affection, you patted him on the back. You missed him too, you missed everyone.

"We're preparing a feast, since it has been long that we have been eating together. You must be hungry" Jin commented, stirring in the pot. His years of cooking, there was no mistake that the food would taste extraordinary.

"And, we have a date for our comeback 'You never walk alone'." The leader added, making the others clap in joy. Hoseok turned around with a knife, with a smile so significantly wide and crazy, it made you chuckle.

"The youngsters are trying to make a cake... If you get a bad stomach, it's their fault" He commented, making Jimin turn around to slap his arm. Your body jolted of the surprise, because Hoseok was practically standing with a big kitchen knife.

"We can do it! Trust us!" Jungkook defended loudly, into the air. A scared face formed on your face, because you have never seen them bake before. The only time they tried to DECORATE a cake, was the first year as BTS and they ended up ordering a new cake. Sighing you wished them good luck, as you walked out of the kitchen. Oddly enough, Yoongi was nowhere to be found and even in the mini studio at the dorm, was no shadow of him.

The scattered paper overflowing the floor, making it impossible to step closer. The computer was asleep, while the broken pens covered the keyboard and desk. Curious, you walked further inside. Collecting the scribbled paper, reading the missing words and quotes. That's how you would usually write a song, making quotes and building from there. Sometimes, you wrote a story to find a pleasing beat in your head. Absorbing the words, you noticed it was a familiar handwriting. Fast, stressful yet a beautiful touch of curves to them. Reading the words carefully, you collected the papers into one. Forming a song, about lost love and betrayal. It was like you were reading about yourself, without being involved. It all made sense, that your eyes started stinging.

Yoongi had been using his time in the studio, while you were locked in your bedroom. The feel of pain and regrets filled his head, making him go to the studio and compose what he was thinking. It was a normal drill, that happened for him. Whenever he felt stressed, happy or in a mental break down. His way of composing, was more powerful than any other time. Unsure where he wanted to go with this song, you saw his frustrated writing. It was the ones that barely made a word, because he wrote so fast, that his hand couldn't keep up with his mind. Blaming himself, for being the selfish that people seemed to like. A polluted confidence, that turned to self-hatred. Your hands were shaking, as you finished the song. You didn't know, how he felt as you pitied yourself. There wasn't a difference between the two of you, when it came to pain. It was a connection, between two souls that radiated sorrow. But neither of you, decided to let it disappear. It was a punishment.

"Yoongi-Hyung is at the studio in Bighit." You heard a voice behind you. A tall figure approached your back, as his hands settled on your shoulder. A light squeeze was made, as he pushed the paper you held, onto the floor. Turning you around, he grabbed your hand, leading you to the couch. You looked astonished, as he dried your tears away. Without a warning, your tears had been falling while reading. Your mind was clouded, but seeing his smile made it all clear. Tugging you into a hug, as his hand s around your waist. Holding you into his warmth, as you felt every formed on your back. Your head were comfortably placed in the crook of his neck, as his chin leaned onto you. His muscles were revealed in his top, that felt like silk touching the skin. Your fingertips his visible collarbones, moving them upwards to his jawline. A light purr escaped his lips, making you smile into his neck. The cologne he always wore, that could be smelled from meters apart.

"Why do you always take care of me... Jimin?" You questioned curiously, pulling away from the warm place of his neck. Your eyes staring into his, as he pulled a smirk. Strangely, he was always around when you were at your lowest. His presence, that was there to rescue you from falling, when everything fell apart between you and Yoongi. His chuckle that you loved so much, was tickling your eardrums.

"Someone has to take care of Yoongi's mess..." He spoke gently, brushing your fringe away with a caring hand. Pursing your lips into a thin line, you wondered over his sentence. It wasn't only when you were hurt by Yoongi, that Jimin where there to rescue. He was always the one, to be at your side in need.

"I know, you're hurt... even though you aren't saying anything. The light in your eyes has been diluted and the smile, that I love seeing shine, has faded... But it's okay, because I know they will return one day." He finished, flashing you a smile. Jimin was always the kind to sweet talk, but never like this. His words were truthful, feeling your heart ache of the thought. How much pain, did Jimin go through, to know this?

"How do you know they will?" You scoffed, seeing his lips purse into a line. He wasn't prepared for you to speak, showing you his poetic side. A tiny wink, and his signature smile brightened your eyes.

"Because you're Y/N... It always comes back, because it's a part of you." He replied, making you go in awe. Jimin was a hopeful fool, but that's what you loved about him. He was carefree and in control, but he always put others before himself. You chuckled of his reason, making him tackle you with tickles.

Your laughter filled the studio room, as Jimin hovered above while his fingers tortured your ribs. Tears formed in your eyes, this time it wasn't out of pain. His voice collided with threats as you pleaded for him to stop, with your laughter's combined into one. His fingers frozen at your waist, you finally got time to breath. The bright smile from him, shined down on your weak body. You laughed a couple of times, before you reached for his cheek. You didn't know what it was, but you wanted to touch him. Feel the muscles of his smile, press against your palm. He looked down at you, brushing the pieces of hair that covered your beautiful face. Your fingertip brushed against his big lower lip, making him gulp. The aura around the two of you, changed into a tense atmosphere. You recognised it from being with Yoongi, but did Jimin feel it too?

Hesitatingly, his face got gradually closer. You felt the air he exhaled, against your skin. Your finger still against his lip, vibrating of his tense posture. His eyes locked with yours, seeing his brown doe eyes absorb your soul. Instinctively, you cupped his face. Your heart beat rising of the contact, as his forehead landed on yours. Staying like this, you gulped of the thought. His fingers your cheeks, making you feel electricity run down your spine. His touch trembled against your skin, as he turned his head. Closing your eyes, you felt his soft lips against yours. It was slow, hesitant but got smoother. It was more than one, craving each other. Filled with greed, his hand caressed your waist. You softly moaned of his touch, making a groan escape the back of his throat. It was like ecstasy, neither of you could stop. You felt his hair tickle your forehead, making you run a hand through his soft blonde hair. Squeezing your waist, he placed one last kiss of salvation. Moving slightly away, your faces were covered with a red tint. Warm breaths and heated atmosphere, as you panted at the lack of oxygen. You never thought you would kiss Jimin, but neither did he. His actions were faster, than his mind processed. You have always been close, sleeping together without problems, but this time, it was too daring, to not try it.

"Don't you and Jungkook have a cake to bake..." You muttered, receiving a smile from his behalf. Standing up, he reached a hand for you to take. Lifting you up like a feather, as he always did. He ruffled your hair one last time, as if you were nothing but friends. You flashed him a perplexed smile, before he tugged you into a hug. His chest beating harshly against your own, as he whispered;

"This doesn't change anything between us. We're still just, Y/N and Jimin..."

His arms disappearing, the boy left you in the studio room. Confused and in heat, you didn't know what to do. Your heart ached, seeing his back turned to you. His form turning to a shadow, as he walked along the narrowed hallway. Rubbing your eyes, you had stopped crying. There was no way, you would figure out the relationship between you two. But neither, did you intend to find out. You had a special relationship, there isn't a chance, you would exchange that. Jimin was handsome, warm like a bear and caring. But it was Yoongi, that your heart beat for. Your flushed cheeks vanished, as you cooled down from the scene. His cologne lingering in your clothes, as you touched your lips. They were softer, than you had ever imagined.

"Y/N FOOD IS READY!!" You heard Jin from the kitchen, making you yell back. Shaking Jimin out of your head, you walked down to find the dining table filled with delicious food. The boys did jazz hands at the decoration, making you giggle of their behaviour.

Food was indulged to the fullest, as you felt your loosened jogging pants, started to tighten. The cake was slightly burnt, but it was delicious either way. Jungkook 'accidentally' went to play Overwatch, leaving the cake inside the oven unattended. The boys and you, used the evening talking about the upcoming concerts. The wings tour excited Taehyung to the fullest, as they had prepared special dances and sketches for the stage. They have all been working hard preparing and composing songs, till the 13th. It was weird, thinking it was time for a 'new' concept. Tomorrow, was the day everyone was getting their hair dyed. You silently prayed, that Yoongi wasn't going to get his hair bleached, as it was kind of fragile. He was thick headed, but his hair had been through a lot. The boys had been deciding what colour they were going for and you were excited, to see it put into action. The stylists had been sending you messages of a colour board, going 'pick on' and you never answered her.

Hoseok finished the dishes, as Taehyung picked a movie to watch. It was like the 'old' days, spending time in the living room, cramped on the floor or couch. Taehyung's head on your lap, as you sat on the floor. This time was different, Yoongi wasn't here to sit beside you. It was painful and feeling lonely, doing these things without him. But part of you, didn't care, even though your feelings told you otherwise.

The night sky beamed, as you left the sleeping boys in the living room. There hasn't been once, they stayed awake through a whole movie. But you couldn't blame them, they had been working hard the couple of days. You were thankful, that they thought of you. Sometimes, you wished you wouldn't be this problematic. In fact, you didn't know how to repay them their kindness. Even though, they always were quicker than you. It was a thing you hated, letting them take care everything. You wanted to help, even if they were there to stop you. Chuckling of the little family, you tugged yourself in your blanket. Jin had been cleaning your bedsheets and replacing them, with others. He was, the perfect housewife. Your exhausted body, let your eyes fall to a close. The sound of silence and wind breeze against the window, made your mind wander into dream land.


"...Y/N..?" A familiar voice and a hand shaking your shoulder, pulling you out of the tired state. Jungkook had found his way to your bedroom and god knows, what time it was. It was a familiar scene, seeing him in the moon light.

"Night terrors..?" You mumbled, as he nodded ashamed. His hand was lightly trembling against you, as you heard him gulp. Opening your blanket, you silently told him to get in. Hesitating for a moment, he squeezed himself in, feeling your warm body radiate at him. You looked into his eyes, as he bit onto his bottom lip. Brushing your hand at his fringe, to relax him. You felt his breath slow down, indicating he was trying to be calm. Continuing to brush his hair, you wondered about him.

"Did you get night terrors... while I was in here the past days?" You questioned him, getting another loud gulp from his throat. Nodding in response, you felt his body tremble. Even for the manly guy, he liked to present himself as. You knew, night terrors were his weakness. It kept him awake for days, without your help. Lord knows, how many times he wanted to knock on your door, but didn't due to your heart break. You getting better, was first priority, than his sleep.

"Don't hesitate to come inside next time... you need sleep too.." you muttered, feeling your previous sleep catch up. Jungkook's trembling never vanished, as you his hair. You couldn't close your eyes, knowing his state.

"But you were hurt... I couldn't get myself to do it... I didn't want to push myself in your business, as you were in here...I-I was scared." He confessed, hearing him choking on his words. Was he crying? What did this kid get a nightmare about?

Running your finger down his nose, you felt the salty water. He had been crying beside you, finally being able to be in your embrace. He longed for it, like no other. His nightmares got worse, making him believe in stuff, that didn't exist. The dream of death and sorrow, erupting his mind. He tried, with everything. But only you, were able to erase them.

Your hand dried the tears away, before you pulled him into your arms. His head in the crook of your neck, letting him smell the strawberry shampoo linger in his nostrils. His chest aligned with yours, making him wrap an arm around your ribs. The feel of your body, this close to him, made his cheeks go on fire. You placed a soft kiss onto his hair, as you felt his body stop trembling.

"Even if I'm dying... don't hesitate to come in... I'm always here for you" You spoke gently, making the boy's jaw clench. Even though his body felt at ease, in your embrace. His mind was running wild. A war of 'I don't deserve her', 'why are you like this with me', 'I don't want you to leave'.

The boy's thoughts vanished, as he heard you hum into his hair. Your hand his back, tickling his ribs with your fingertips. Closing his eyes, he wished for more days like this. But there was always a consequence, night terrors. Like always, the two of you, drifted off to wonderland together. Your dream, was nothing but about Yoongi and the feel of Jimin's lips.


"So, blonde with blue and pink tips??" You commented, as the stylist put bleach in your hair. The girl smiled your way, as she wiggled her eyebrows. The staff decided blue, but the boys decided pink. The albums were a nice green/blue and a baby pink, making it destined for someone to have that as a hair colour. Sighing in defeat, you were picked to be the one. The boys had already decided and to your surprise, your hair would fit with Jimin and Yoongi. The important thing about this concept, is if your hair would stay on your head. Someone is getting their head cut off, if you ended up bald. Looking at the boys getting covered in hair dye, you wished they would show more forehead. They looked older and ier, showing their forehead with the perfect hairstyle. Pouting, at the results you noticed that 'forehead-era' wasn't going to be up yet.

Everything happened so fast, as you got the pink and blue hair dye in. The smell was silently irritating your nostrils, while you waited for the remaining 40 minutes. Namjoon was the first to finish, making him look into the mirror. The dark pink colour, fitted him like a ring on the fourth finger. He looked drop dead gorgeous and you knew, this era was going to literally kill fans. Everyone was busy on their phones, as you still had your hair dye in, which didn't calm your nerves of getting it out. The boys, either danced or sang out loud. Pictures were taking, to be posted on another day. It was regular thing the boys did, taking photos of their surroundings or selfies. Letting Army know, what they have been doing, or is up to.

"Guys, check Allkpop for a second" You heard the maknae speak. Turning your head, he was absorbed into his phone. The sound of gasping erupting the room, as the staff ran around, talking, reading and panicking. You on the other hand, were confused of what was happening. Your phone was in the dorm, so you had to wait for someone to explain.

"BTS Y/N and Suga was spotted in Daegu"

You heard Hoseok read out loud. You shrugged it off with a perplexed look, because it wasn't wrong. You and Yoongi were in Daegu, but people didn't actually know what happened. The boys surrounded Hoseok, as he continued to read out loud.

"In the store 'xxxxx' in Daegu, Yoongi was spotted to buy a shirt, to then leave right after. An anonymous source has leaked that Y/N used Yoongi's card to buy a dress in the same store, minutes later, for their company meeting. Netizens claims to have seen them get in a car together, after the incident. Are they close friends lending each other's credit cards, or dating? Theories goes, that they have had a relationship behind the stage for months. Others claim, it's a media stunt. Will their comeback receive the love, that they hope for?"

You froze in position, absorbing every word that Hoseok threw. There wasn't anything clear in your head, thinking of the day in Daegu. You didn't remember any fan, that saw you leave. The boys approached you, as the managers called to different presses. It wasn't a good sign, getting a scandal right before a comeback. If it was going to be a flop, you believed it was your fault.

"Y/N, I know what you're thinking. It's not your fault" You heard Jimin comment, as they all seated themselves in a chair. Wondering what to do, with the news.

"Yeah, it's just rumours. Something like that will die down, while we are doing our comeback" Jin added, as he tapped onto the LED screen. Yoongi was nowhere to be found, so the eldest might as well report the situation.

"But how could Army know you used Yoongi's credit card?" Taehyung wondered out loud, as he rubbed his chin. Your shocked face, turned to suspicion. It wasn't a lie, that you tried to forget that trip. It wouldn't help on the situation, forgetting everything about it, leading it to a suspect. The boys were waiting, letting you recap. It wasn't pleasant, as all you could come to think of, was Yoongi hurtful words of a break up. It pained you and they others knew, to not say a word when you closed your eyes.

"Wait..." You trailed off, remembering a specific person, that gave you a bad vibe. The boy's eyes widened, waiting for an answer.

"VANESSA!"