Chapter 18

Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hello , there, beautiful people.” Said my mum , gradually lifting her lips into a smile .
Amani quickly pulled herself from under me and embarrassingly smiled at the ground . I stand to greet my mother . I pull her into a hug and she didn’t miss the chance to tease me with a tickle .
“Look at my kid !” She whispered in my ear before parting away from me .
I hold her hand and walk her to Amani , who was now standing up.
“Mum , this is Amani .” I proudly introduce her .
“Hello , my child .” Smiled my mother offering her hand to shake .
Politely , Amy shook her hand and smiled , expressing how happy she was to finally meet her . I smile because she blushed .
“This is my future wife , mum .” I tease , but mean it .
My mother’s eyes lit up and she turned back to the future mother of my children . She cupped her face in her hands and said : “Look how beautiful you are .” She smiled . “I’m glad my kid finally found someone .”She continued . “You know , ever since that girl he kissed behind the trash can , I never liked any of the girls he dated .”She finished .
“A girl he kissed behind the trash can ?” Amani asked smiling .
“You don’t know about it ?”My mum giggled sending me a threatening look .
“Let me tell you about it !” She gestured at her to sit on the couch and she did .
“So , him and I have always been really close , and he was determined that , the day he’ll get his first kiss , I have to witness it . So , when his girlfriend finally agreed to kiss him , he made me come out and pulled her from behind a trash can and clumsily kissed her . It was cute back then , but now , I enjoy telling people about it because it embarrasses him .” She giggled .
I hide my face in embarrassment while Amy laughed at me with all her heart . I know she would’ve been jumping around teasing me about it , but she’s being calm , obviously because mum is around .
My mother didn’t restrain from telling her every single embarrassing story about me , she even went farther to showing her some pictures of a chubby me . I can’t believe she saw my p*nis . I wouldn’t have minded , until she kinkily eyed me .That little dirty minded kid! She has to know that it’s not that small anymore , come on ! It got way bigger . Well , not way bigger but big enough to make a kid .
I got left out for the rest of the morning . To be honest , I can’t complain . It makes me happy seeing her get along with my mother , and it makes me even happier seeing that my mother likes her .
 

I leave home to check what’s happening in the office . Junho complained about the new employee , aka Amani , not coming to the appointment . He said he called someone else for the job , and he got his part of scolding . I get some paper work done and join a reunion for a new product .
I’ve always liked my job in the art industry . I’ve been happy waking up every morning to go to work , but it’s different today . I have a purpose . I know it’s been one night only , which doesn’t mean that all my fantasies will turn real , but I’ll work harder for my expected family with Amani .
She called me three times while my phone was on silent .
“Ok , so now we agree on all of this . I’m asking the marketing department to come up with something original for this one. If this works out as expected , it would be the most rewarding product of the year . As for now , I dismiss the meeting .”
I finish standing up and bowing to everyone before leaving the room .
I hope my mother and Amy are enjoying their time . Because of traffic , I got home a little later . I enter the code and silently walk inside on my mother explaining to Amani how to set a Korean lunch table . I’m so happy , feeling like a husband .
“Hello , women !” I play .
“Oh . .  My man is here .” Amy played along . I wasn’t expecting her to . She ran my way and bowed , kissing my hand . “Your lunch table is ready ,man , do you want me to wash your hair first ?” She smiled . “ Oh , no ! Excuse my inattention .” She continued . “I forgot to help you remove your jacket .” She smiled  .
She’s so cute . I pull her into a hug , giggling . “Stop being so cute , my mother is here .” I tease .
I raise my eyes on my mum . She gestured at me that it was ok . Seeing her smile is another kind of happy . Seeing her approve my choices is even way better .
It took Amy a while to hug me back . She whispered that she loved me even more now . I still get surprised when she tells me she loves me . I appreciate it , a lot .
When we parted away , I try to peck her lips but she pushed me away with a glare .
“Your mother !” She complained.
The three of us gathered around the lunch table . It was a silent gathering , but it felt so warm .

Seunghyun’s mother poured some soup for me . I thank her and took a first sip . I was proud because I basically was the one that cooked it , of course under the maintena

Please log in to read the full chapter