Chapter 2

Interpret this!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
When it came to announcing his university plans, the bad reaction Donghae was expecting from his parents… didn’t happen.     He couldn’t say he was happy though; there was definitely a reason for them to be so accepting of his decision.     It happened the same day he announced his plans to his friends at school. It was dinner time, and he was waiting for the right time to speak, stealing nervous glances at both his parents from time to time. He even tried to talk to his brother first to get some brotherly encouragement, but surprisingly Donghwa gave him the cold shoulder which Donghae assumed was because of a rough day at college.  

 

Ok, nevermind that. I have to let them know tonight! Donghae thought.  

 

But it was his father who spoke first. He said he had an announcement to make. And it almost looked like a bad joke to Donghae. It was definitely not easy news to take. It broke Donghae’s heart and for a moment he even forgot how to breathe. He then realized why Donghwa seemed to be in such a bad mood. He already knew. Their father said he had been diagnosed with cancer and he was taking leave from work to get proper treatment even though doctors told him he was in the last stage of his illness.  

 

Donghae’s mom was a crying mess. Donghwa got up from the table and went up to lock himself in his room. Donghae remained frozen in his seat, unable to digest such awful news.  

 

His father took his silence as an opportunity to speak his heart out. He told Donghae how sorry he was for being so harsh on both of them. He told him he just wanted to make sure he raised men of strong character, men who could fend for themselves and who knew what they wanted and how to get it. He admitted he did wrong in forcing his oldest son into following his footsteps and turning him into someone he probably wasn’t.  

 

“I’m not going to make the same mistakes with you, Donghae. I will… your mother and I will support and encourage you to pursue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter