Architect's Daughter

Prevailing Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jei felt her eyes become strain from all the cameras flashing into her direction.

"Jay! How are you feeling right now?"

"What kind of sickness did you have?"

"What are your thoughts on this meeting?"

Jei gave each of the passing reporters a look of apology, ordered by her father to not provide a comment for any of them. It made sense since her voice was slightly higher than her brother's voice, but nevertheless she knew that she will have to speak at one point.

 

Has it always been this uncomfortable wearing a suit?

 

Jei felt herself heat up from the formal suit she was required to wear. She exhaled a sigh, wiping off the bit of sweat on her forehead with her sleeve.

 

Out of all the days, why did it have to be sunny today?!

 

Cursing the blazing sun that threatened to cook her alive, Jei continued to walk beside her father, soon entering the building where they are supposed to meet their business partners.

"Ah, Mr. Moon! Here for your appointment with Mr. Choi?" The secretary greeted as Jei's father nods in response. The secretary dialed her boss's number, placing the phone on her shoulders as she continued to let her fingers press on the keyboards. After a few seconds of rings, the secretary finally spoke.

"Hello Mr. Choi, Mr. Moon is here to see you."

"Is that so. Did he bring Jay with him?" The secretary gave a quick glance at the latter, then proceeded to shift her focus back on her computer screen.

"Yes."

"Great! My daughter has been eagerly anticipating his arrival. Let them into my office." The secretary hangs up from the call, looking up at the two individuals who noticed her signal. Jei's father walks on ahead, Jei quickly thanking the secretary before rushing to catch up with her father.

"Remember to act like you're sick and try to refrain from talking. Most importantly, please don't be overdramatic to the point that you're coughing every few seconds." Mr. Moon mumbled before turning from a corner, quickening his pace of walking. In the meantime, Jei simply rolled her eyes, seeing her father finally opening the door to greet his business partner.

"Moon! So nice to finally see you."

"Likewise, Choi." The two men shook hands with each other, both taking a seat to discuss about the matters of the new building's structure. In the meantime, Jei spots the female who matches the picture her father had given.

 

D-daebak...

 

The female was wearing a Lionhead Stud Asymmetric dress along with an Ankle Strap sandal to match the attire. Jei felt a bit envious that the female was able to wear such an elegant dress while she was stuck in a suit, but she knew that she had no place for any complaints.

"Yah! Jay! Are you alright?" The female approached the latter with concern, hearing about the rumored news of Jay's sickness. Jei covers to let out a few fake coughs before responding.

"Yes. Thank you...Sooyoung?" Unintentionally calling out the female's name as a question, Jei received a quick glare from her father.

"Hm. Your voice is a bit weird...maybe because you're sick?" Fortunately for Jei, Sooyoung had shrugged off the topic, placing her right hand on her chin as she eyed the latter from head to toe.

"Kaja." Sooyoung grabbed Jei's wrist, leading the latter out of the room. Panicking, Jei glanced at her father, trying to communicate with her eyes to help her. Instead, Jei's father averted his eyes, continuing his conversation with Mr. Choi.

 

What the hell-

 

"Hey." Jei's thoughts were interrupted when the female spoke to her. To her ease, Sooyoung has loosen her grip of the latter's wrist, however the female's sudden closeness has brought Jei to become a bit taken aback.

"Are you still mad?" Jei didn't know how to respond to the female as well as to what the female was referring to. Jei was merely given only a little background of the three females whom Jay accompanied when the male was still alive. Regardless, Jei knew that she had to respond to the female carefully.

"No...I'm not mad." Jei stated, directly staring at the female to see any reaction.

"Really? ... Are you sure?" Sooyoung raised her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter