Serendipity

The Time We Share
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Years have passed, seven years, almost eight, it was Taeyeon and Jessica’s last time together as lovers. It’s been a long time since they decided to break up and reach their respective dreams. After graduating from high school, they pursue their dreams in different places. Jessica decided to continue studying at one of the best University in her birthplace, California. Meanwhile, Taeyeon decided to left Jeonju and settled in Seoul to study architecture as she had always wanted.

After all, that day was very painful for both of them. At that time they had been together for years. They still loves each other. So it certainly feels difficult to adapt to their new circumstances. They could not meet again as usual. A lot of things obviously changed after that. After their break up.

It’s been a long time since their last meeting. And today, they are standing opposite each other. This is beyond expectations. 

They never planned this. 

In fact, they never talked about the future when they chose to walk on their own. They leave it all to fate. 

But before that, they promised to keep in touch with each other at all costs so as not to completely lose touch. They say that they will still love each other from afar.  

A lot of things have happened in years. There are so many things that didn't go according to plan. And there are many things that cause a promise to be just mere words, which are not kept. 

Maybe today is a lucky day for them. Because fate brought them to face to face at an unexpected time. 

Jessica didn’t know that Taeyeon would continue to live in Seoul until now. Likewise, Taeyeon never knew that Jessica would return to South Korea and live here in Seoul. They haven't spoken to each other since that day. 

Taeyeon didn’t know, didn’t expect that she would meet Jessica again at a popular clothing store in Seoul which was actually not the first time she visited and bought some items there. 

Each time she came to the shop, she always thought of Jessica. Because the fragrance in the room is the same as Jessica’s favorite while they were together in the past. She never knew if it was a coincidence or what. 

Each time she set her foot in the shop, she always called Sooyeon’s name in her heart . But today, she unconsciously called her former lover’s favorite nickname softly. Sooyeon.

That’s because, the moment she opened the door of the clothing store, she saw the figure of a woman who looked like a more mature version of Jessica.

The woman then looked up at Taeyeon. Time seemed to have stopped for both of them.

And for the first time in a long time, ex-lover met again at an unexpected time.

“T-taeyeon ..” Jessica called her.

It was also surprising that Jessica met Taeyeon again after a few years.

Countless times she imagined to meet Taeyeon, but not like this. Still, Jessica feels grateful to fate that has brought her to meet Taeyeon.

Taeyeon hesitantly stepped her foot, walked towards Jessica. Then she stopped an inch in front of Jessica.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter