The Garden

Candle Lights

"What a sunny day!". That’s the first thought I had after I passed my door step when I was going to university. It was a good surprise after such a long winter in Paris, where there were no other things than rain and cold weather.
The wind was blowing softly through my hair, which made it tangle up with my blue scarf, while I was walking towards the metro station. I put on my earphones, like every day, to endure the 45 minute journey through the subway, and chose to listen to my “agitated” playlist. My phone’s screen shone with “Baepsae-BTS” right before I locked it, put it back in my pocket while the music crawled up the wires right into my ears.
Luckily, the day in class passed by quite fast, as every class was incredibly interesting and I had awakened in what seemed a mood impossible to ruin. Unfortunately, when I was leaving my last class, I realized that the sky had been taken by really dark clouds and the temperature was dropping quite quickly.

I got on the subway once again, and when I got out of my station I realized there was somewhat of a commotion going on in my street. Girls screaming, with huge signs in their hands seemed to be running, or should I better say chasing?, after something or someone in the streets nearby the entrance of my building. It was almost 9 pm, my tiredness and laziness took over my curiosity to know what was going on, so I just entered the password to the main door of the building, passed by it and closed it behind me.

Inside my building there was a little garden, across from which stood the door that lead to the apartments of the buildings. I crossed it in a quick pace, focusing on my music, and was quite surprised when I realized there was a group of boys sitting on a bench in the garden. They were engaged in a what seemed to be an animated subject of conversation. I smiled internally because of the subtle happiness that kind of friendship emanates, but then I remembered the grey sky above us. I looked up, confirming the clouds had followed me home, and if those boys were to remain there, they would probably get soaked if not drown with the amount of rain which would start falling probably only a few hours away. Well it was none of my business. So I just kept on my way home.