Prologue

A war is near
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Another case of an allegedly infected person assaulting passersby today. Two casualties including the attacker and ten people injured. You can watch the scene in that video filmed by a witness.”

People were running around, screaming and calling for help while this shirtless man had jumped on someone and was hitting him violently. He was enraged, his eyes were bloodshot and his gaze empty, his skin was red and covered in blood vessels which had turned dark red.

“Authorities said it is unknown if this case was linked to the hundred others which happened these past months.”

A policeman shot him and the man fell on the ground, people around yelling in horror.

“You killed him !!”

“The man presented the symptoms of the virus but we need to wait for the autopsy to confirm it. Still, Ministry of education decided to keep schools and colleges closed until further notice. Please keep your children at home and avoid going out if possible. We also recommend you to go on with the health and hygiene precautions.”

 

“Yeontae, turn off that TV and go to bed.” He heard his mother from upstairs.

“I still can’t go to school anyway !”

“It’s no excuse, it’s already late !”

“Okay Mom !”

 

 

-

 

 

“Sweetheart ! Can you bring this cake to the Smiths, please ?”

“Yes Mom.”

Yeontae put on his jacket, gloves and a mask and went out, the cake in hands. At that time of the day, his street was empty. He looked at a house across from the road. The security bands were still sealing the front door after the recent attack they had experienced by a ‘potentially infected’ person.

He sighed and knocked on Mr. Smith’s door, his neighbor.

“Ah Yeontae, hello !” Mr. Smith said as he saw him after opening the door. He looked a little pale. “May I help you ?”

“Mom bought this for you.” He handed him the cake.

“Ah, thank you very much.” His neighbor took it. Suddenly, he touched his nose and there was blood on his fingers.

Yeontae raised his eyebrows at the sight.

“Hm, you should go back home now.” Mr. Smith gave him a little too forced smile.

He smiled back nonetheless. “Goodbye.”

He quickly went back to his house.

“Yeontae, is that you ?” He could hear his mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter