Maybe he'll be good for her

A Work in Motion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I understand,”

Irene arrived at the hospital’s cafeteria door, with her purse in one hand while a phone in the other, finally finishing her call. She was looking downwards, her hair covered by the black cap and her face was now covered with a mask. Soon after the call ended, she began messaging someone on it; updating them about Sooyoung’s health seeing as it was the right thing to do because all the girls disappeared from practice without saying a word. And she prohibited all their managers to say a thing because she wanted to be the one to explain since she thought of it as her responsibility. She was far too busy typing that she accidentally collided into someone, dropping all her things on the floor. Without looking up, she bowed down profusely while apologising nonstop before bending down to pick up her purse and phone.

 

She grabbed her—phone first before reaching for her purse but the person she bumped into reached for it first. He held it in front of her face once he picked it up, as she stood up to brush off invisible dust off of her clothes. She took it from his hand, thanking him shyly, still keeping her head down. She prayed that the stranger wouldn’t notice that she was Irene of Red Velvet because that would raise a lot of questions as to why she would be there; if the stranger wasn’t working for the hospital. Which she can tell from the way he was dressed as–far too casual and civilian-like.

 

Before he could even say anything else, she ran passed him through the cafeteria door—apologising and thanking him one last time before disappearing from his sight. He watched her as she disappeared into the cafeteria—disappearing amongst the sea of people and patients. He tried to make her shape among the people but he failed badly. He let out a deep sigh, taking out his phone from his back pocket. He unlocked his phone, typing his password down before he opened up his group chat. He quickly typed to them then stuffed it back in his pants before he began walking away, down the hallway. He pulled down his cap to cover his face so no one was able to tell it was him as he made his way to the entrance; to the van parked outside where he knew his manager was waiting for him.

 

She’s here.

 

He could feel the vibrations coming from his phone as he entered the van, telling his manager to take him back home. He took out his phone, opening to group chat as he scanned through the messages. He looked out the window as he switched off his phone without replying to them, lost in thought.

 

I hope it was the right thing to do.

*****

Once Irene made through the double doors of the cafeteria, she was met with the sounds of people interacting with one another, signs of relieved or anguish could be heard around if anyone bothered to listen. Her eyes unconsciously looked back to the man on the other side as he slowly disappeared from her view as the doors closed. Sighing to herself due to her clumsiness, she lowered her cap to cover her face even more as a sign of reflex. Her eyes scanned the crowd of people, desperately looking for the tall man who stood out like a sore thumb. Once she spotted him, she quickly made her way to him, making sure to make her movements as discreet as ever. She igno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter