It's over, isn't it?

A Work in Motion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And…CUT! That’s it everyone, it’s a wrap!"

The sound of applauds echoed throughout the concert hall and booming voices of congratulations could be heard.

Everyone in the room began to mingle with one another as they congratulated each other for their hard work for the past few months. The PD-nim started shaking hands with the people around her with a huge smile because of the success they reached from the young couple. She felt sad that they had to let them go so early but there was nothing she could do about it. In chorus to that, the crew members started shaking hands with each other as well.

Everyone was smiling after such a successful shoot with the couple that they felt a tug of pain in their heart because they had to let them go. It was upsetting after finally seeing Sungjae open up to Joy to only let it all go down to flames.

Oh well, what could they do. Especially seeing as Kim Young Min specifically told them to end them because of Red Velvet’s upcoming comeback. The crew members started busying themselves with cleaning up the place, picking up the props that were used and putting them away to the storage room.

Everyone was avoiding the young couple that was sitting in the front row of the concert hall. They decided it was best to let them talk things over before celebrating the main star of the show.

The guy merely sat there, listening to the cheering sounds of the crew and their applause but somehow, he could only hear the weeping sounds from the younger girl sitting next to him. It was weird how within just a few months, he could differentiate her sound amongst all the noises. She had her face buried in her hands, choking on her tears as she tried to hold them back. If it didn’t hit him at the start of their recording, it hit him then. He opened his mouth, trying to make out any coherent words but nothing, nothing left his mouth. He looked at the girl he called his wife, his hand unintentionally moved to comfort her. Before he could do so, he stopped and retracted back his hand. He leaned into the comfortable chair–that felt too hard and cold before letting out a sigh. He felt numb, utterly numb at the revelation that they were finally over. There was nothing that tied them together and he feared that they would go back to how they were before everything.

It’s over, isn’t it?

He stood up suddenly, surprising the girl beside him as she looked at him with glassy eyes and tears-stained red cheeks with slightly open, mustering all his courage before locking eyes with her. His finger fiddled with the ring that was still on his ring finger before he decided that it was best to remove it–nip the problem at its bud, as they say–before gently taking her open hand and placing it in her palm. He crouched down so that they were at eye-level before wiping the tears that were now freely streaming down her face. He closed his eyes, his forehead meeting hers and he whispered the words that left her numb. That stopped the poor girl’s time from moving and trapping her there forever.

“Please forget about me,”

And he stood up and walked away from her. He couldn’t bear to see the girl broke down as he told her those words. He rather be the bad guy now when she still had time to heal than let her get hurt in the long run. He could see his manager standing at the side, holding his stuff with an encouraging smile. He held his head high as he began to walk to him but before he could d so, he was stopped by the PD-nim. He shook her hand as she offered him congratulation, telling him the words he refused to hear.

“You two were perfect for each other, you know. It’s a shame that we never could see you fully open up to her, Yook Sungjae-sshi.” She patted him on the shoulder before walking away from him, possibly to his partner. Can he even call her his partner anymore? He stopped himself from looking back at Sooyoung as he took a deep breath and began his walk back to his hyung. The older man gave him a small smile, patting him in the back and congratulated him soon after he reached him. Sungjae gave him a sad smile before walking away from the scene with his manager following close behind. He forced a smile on his face as the crew members that were with them since the beginning began offering him congratulations and exchanging handshakes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter