Chapter 2

The Game

“What are we going to do here?” asked Tzuyu when they arrived at the park.

Sana glanced at Tzuyu and didn’t say anything. She went straight to the swing and sat there, ignoring Tzuyu’s question. Tzuyu, once again left confused with Sana’s action. She would never understood what’s on Sana’s mind. Silently, she followed Sana.

“What are you doing?” Tzuyu asked again.

“Don’t you see what I am doing right now?”

Tzuyu a little bit schocked with Sana’s cold answer.

“I am doing nothing. Don’t you see?” said Sana.

Sighed, Tzuyu sat on the swing beside Sana. She held her urge to cry because of Sana’s cold answer. Tzuyu gazed at the sky which all of sudden became gloomy. She patted her back mentally because she remember to bring her umbrella so that she won’t drenched in rain if the rain came.

Sana and Tzuyu sat silently for few moments, minding their own business.

“Tzuyu, are you happy?”

That question startled Tzuyu. She didn’t expect Sana to ask that question. Tzuyu went silent for a moment. She confused on how to answer that question.

“You don’t know what happy is?” mocked Sana.

“What? Of course, I know! I am not a first grader! I know what happy is!” Tzuyu defended herself. “Why you asked?”

“Just anwer my question!” commanded Sana.

Tzuyu found herself in the verge of tears.

“Can’t you be more nice to other people?” Tzuyu protested. “No. you are nice to other people but me!”

Sana stared at Tzuyu, obviously didn’t expect the sudden that outburst.

“I am sorry,” Sana mumbled.

“Pardon me?” Tzuyu actually heard what Sana said, it was just she want to confirm it.

“I won’t repeat it!”

Then the rain started to fall. Tzuyu quickly took out her folded umbrella from her coat’s pouch. She then realized Sana didn’t bring umbrella. She sat up and then stood beside Sana, sharing her umbrella.

Sana looked up to Tzuyu and then asked, “What are you doing?”

“I am sharing my umbrella with you”

“Aren’t you going to go home?” Tzuyu asked.

“Why should I?” Sana asked back.

“They might get worried and beside I am afraid it will rain cats and dogs soon”

“They who?” Sana asked. For a moment Tzuyu caught a glimpse of sadness in Sana’s eyes.

There was uneasy feeling when Tzuyu saw the look on Sana’s eyes. Did I say something offended her? She thought.

“I am sorry. It just you know my mom get easily worried if I don’t come home soon” Tzuyu explained.

There was a small nod from Sana. For few minutes, they just silently watched the rain drops. Tzuyu shivered a bit because half of her body already drenched. Tzuyu looked at Sana who suddenly smiled at Tzuyu.

“Hey, let’s play a game!”

“Aren’t we playing right now?” Tzuyu asked.

“I want another game”

“What is it? I want to go home” Tzuyu said but Sana held her wrist.

“I’ll be a princess and you’ll be the knight”

“What kind of game is that?” Tzuyu asked in disbelief. She just wanted to go home as soon as possible.

“I am actually a princess but my kingdom has gone under problems right now. So my parents sent me to this unknown land for my safety and you are my knight. It is your job to protect me and grant all my wish” Sana explained.

“What kind of game is that?”

“First rule, you can’t talk to a princess like that! Now apologize!” Sana commanded.

“B-But I am not even say yes!” Tzuyu argued.

“Now!”

“Okay okay. I am sorry” Tzuyu said.

“Second rule, you can’t let anyone know about us being princess and knight! It will be dangerous for both of us. Just pretend that we don’t know each other but when we alone, you must listen to every word I say. Got it?”

Innocently Tzuyu asked, “Until when will we play this game?”

Sana smiled at Tzuyu. A real smile which left Tzuyu amazed on how beautiful her smile was.

“Forever!”

“Forever?” Tzuyu asked, not believing what she heard.

“Forever. You’ll be my knight until someone now about our relationship!” Sana smiled sweetly.

“Sana?”

Sana’s face turned into a cold face. Tzuyu confused till she realized that the game was already on. With umbrella in her hand, preventing the rain to fall on Sana, Tzuyu took a deep breath.

“Princess?”

Sana stood right away and looked at Tzuyu with smile plastered on her face.

“Yes my knight?”

“Can we go home now?”

“Yes, of course.”

++++++

It’s been years since that event. Now Tzuyu and Sana were in high school, no more in elementary school. Tzuyu and Sana grew into beautiful girls.

They were the opposite. Sana was the popular and elegant girl where Tzuyu was everything Sana not. Tzuyu was a member of their school archery club. Tzuyu was quite popular but not as popular as Sana.

Sana was the number one girl in their school. Many boys and girls want to date her but she always turned their proposal down. No one really understood why Sana did that. Tzuyu ever asked why but what she received was a glare and cold shoulders for three days straight. Tzuyu never asked that question ever since.

Tzuyu sat on the bench. She just finished her archery practice. One of her friends approached her and sat down beside her.

“What do you want Junior?”

Junior smiled at Tzuyu and said, “You know Sana right?”

“What about her?” Tzuyu asked calmly.

“Can you give this to her?”

“Why should I?” Tzuyu tried to calm herself down. She didn’t know why she always pissed off whenever her friends try to get close with Sana.

“I know stories about you” Junior said.

Tzuyu felt dizzy all of sudden. Does he now? Tzuyu thought. She felt her knees became weak. Her heart beating crazily.

“I know you are friends with Momo, Sana’s friend. I want you to give this to Momo and ask her to give this to Sana” Junior pleaded.

Tzuyu sighed in relief. For a moment, she thought she was being caught.

“Nah! I am not your messenger. You should give it to her by yourself,” Tzuyu said and she walked to her locker.

“But Tzuyu . . .” Junior argued but it stopped because there was Sana stood few meters from them.

Sana, looking stunning as always, was laughing and talking with her friends, Momo and Mina. She looked at Tzuyu and Junior direction and smiled.

Junior, being the fan of Sana, said that the smile was directed to him. However, Tzuyu knew better.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

sorry for the late update. I was really busy with college work. hope you like this update. I am sorry if there's mistake because I don't proofreading this chapter. feel free to comment or give suggestion about this story in the comment section :)