The Beginning 1

The Game

Tzuyu eyed the girl in front of her. The girl was shorter but somehow radiated superior aura. Tzuyu still eyed the girl until her mom tapped her shoulder.


"Tzuyu, this is our new neighbor, the Minatozaki family," said Tzuyu's mom and Tzuyu immediately bowed to her new neighbor.


"Hello, my name is Tzuyu. I am eight years old and really like Star Wars. Nice to meet you," Tzuyu introduced herself. From her peripheral vision, she could see the girl scoffed at her. Tzuyu raised her eyebrows. That girl is kind of rude, she thought.


"Hello, Tzuyu. I've heard a lot about you from your mom. Actually, I am your mom's friend," Mrs. Minatozaki smiled. "Ah, let me introduce you to my daughter as well."


Mrs. Minatozaki gestured the girl to introduce herself. The girl just sighed, she looked like not want to do so. 


"Hi, my name is Sana" the girl said in monotone. Tzuyu stared at Sana. 


Sana is a beautiful girl. She is so girly with her pink coat. She reminded Tzuyu to a princess character in a movie. Sana has chubby cheeks and it, again, reminded Tzuyu to something. Ah yes, Sana reminded her to a squirrel. Tzuyu tried to hold her laugh as she didn't to be seen as a rude and unrespectful kid.


"Why are you laughing?" Sana asked suddenly.


"I-I am not laughing!" Tzuyu was caught off guard. She really didn't mean to laugh at Sana.


"I saw you! You are laughing at me!"


"No! Why should I?" Tzuyu defended herself.


"Yeah yes whatever. I am still older than you" Sana said and entered her house. Her mom who saw this shoot an apologetic look at Tzuyu and her mom.


"Sana is quite blunt I guess. Please don't mind her, Tzuyu," Mrs. Minatozaki said. "She just frustrated over the fact that we move often due to her father's job"


Tzuyu nodded and smiled. She was not angry at Sana's attitude but she didn't think Sana was a nice girl. Sana is too unapproachable maybe, Tzuyu thought.


++++++++


It was another day when Tzuyu spotted Sana during lunch time. Apparently Sana and her studied in the same school. Something that catch Tzuyu's attention about Sana was she already had a quite number of friends despite being the transferee few months back. Tzuyu could see why Sana had no problem with making friends. She has bubbly personality and seems likeable.


Yes, bubbly personality and likeable towards her own circle of friends but not towards Tzuyu. Few times Tzuyu tried to greet Sana in the school. But whenever their eyes met, Tzuyu found Sana always give you-better-not-greet-me look.


That kind of treatment left Tzuyu felt intimidated and confused. In front of her friends, Sana acted completely normal. When it came to Tzuyu, it was another story. Sana was too mysterious to understand.


"Tzuyu, you know Sana, right?" suddenly one of her friends asked her.


"Sana?" Tzuyu surprised on why her friend asked that question from all questions available to ask.


"Yes. The new student from Japan"


Tzuyu contemplated on should I tell her or not.


"No, I guess" finally she said it.


"But Miyoung said she live near your house"


"Really? I don't know that" Tzuyu pretended to be shocked.


"Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway"


Tzuyu nodded and felt relived that the conversation ended there. Even so, Tzuyu still confused about Sana


++++++++


Sunday, the day when you finally could relax and could absolutely do nothing. Tzuyu dragged herself from her room and sat in front of TV, ready to watch her favorite movie, Star Wars. She just got herself comfortable when the bell rang.


Tzuyu was alone in the living room, her mother was at the backyard. This left Tzuyu no option except to get up and open the door.


She really surprised when she open the door. There was Sana stood in her casual clothes.


"Aren't you going to let me in?" Sana asked. No, it was not a question. It was more like a command. Sana eyed Tzuyu. She could feel the mysterious aura from Sana. She said nothing but let Sana in.
Sana sat in front of the TV and played with one of Tzuyu's plushie.


"Tzuyu" Sana called.


"Yes?" Tzuyu answered calmly.


"Are you always play alone?" that question caught Tzuyu's attention. What on earth Sana suddenly asked that private question.


"I usually play video games alone but I am not always alone. I still have several outdoor activities like Taekwondo club" Tzuyu explained.


Sana stared at Tzuyu. Seemed like Sana want to search something in Tzuyu. On the other side, Tzuyu once again found Sana's stare was so intimidating. 


"Now I want you go with me to the park" 


"What? I want to watch my favorite movie!" Tzuyu protested.


Seeing the way Sana looked at her after her complaint made Tzuyu want to hide. She couldn't explain why.


"Okay, I'll go with you"


Then for the first time Tzuyu saw Sana smiled.

+++++++++

First update. Not very long but hope you like it. I have a plan for not making this story to be a very long chaptered story. This is my first time writing Satzu and it is only two months since I became a Twice stan. I want to say thank you to all of you who subscribed this story and to all of you who read this story. Please bear with me since English is not my L1 or L2.