Chapter 3

The Game


Meet me after school at the usual place. That sentence kept bugging Tzuyu since the lunch break. She received a message from Sana and it sounded so demanding as always. Did I do something wrong? Did I, somehow, make her angry? Those questions flooded her mind.

“You okay?” Momo asked. She was Tzuyu’s seatmate.

“You seem so lost,” Momo said. Concern was evident in her voice.

“I am okay. I am just thinking about things.” Tzuyu said.

“Really?”

“Yes, it is. You don’t need to worry, Momo.” Tzuyu said with a smile.

The bell rang and the teacher left the class. Tzuyu put all her things inside her bag and was about to go when Momo suddenly called her.

“Tzuyu, wait”

“Yes, Momo?”

“Um . . . can you come to my house tonight? You know my cousin Dahyun, right?”

Tzuyu tried to remember before she said, “Yes. What about her?”

“Today is her birthday and we’re going to throw a small party for her. So, can you come?” Momo said hopefully.

Remembering who Momo is, Tzuyu didn’t think that small party would be small like Momo claimed to be. Momo and Dahyun is one of the popular girls after all.

Seeing the hesitant look on Tzuyu’s face, Momo quickly added, “I am going to introduce to someone. She’s been dying to see you. Well, she’s kinda your fan. So please, can you come?”

Tzuyu thought for a while. Well, a little party won’t hurt right? She said to herself.

“Is that so? Okay, I’ll come”

“Thank you, Tzuyu! You are the best!” Momo said while hugging Tzuyu. “You won’t regret this. Definitely!”

With that, Momo excused herself and exited the classroom, leaving Tzuyu alone. Tzuyu fished her phone and made a call.

“Hello, Tzuyu?” it was Sana.

“Yeah. You wish to see me?” Tzuyu asked.

“I want you to be here in 20 minutes. No buts!” Sana, then, hung up the call.

Tzuyu sighed and hurried herself to meet Sana.
Tzuyu entered the place where Sana waited for her. It was a café near their school but it was very rare for a high school student to visit this place since that was an expensive café. Because of that, Sana thought it was safe to meet there. Besides, Sana always reserved the VIP table. So no worries.

Within a minute, Tzuyu already stood before Sana. She tried to catch her breath before finally sat down.

“You are late!” Sana said, giving Tzuyu her glare, which, Tzuyu found it kind of cute. Well, how could Sana was not cute with that adorable pout of hers and of course her chubby squirrel-like cheeks.

“Chewy!” Sana whined as she found Tzuyu was not affected with her glare.

“Yes, princess?” Tzuyu smiled charmingly.

“I said you are late! You can never let me wait! I don’t like waiting!” Sana sulked and stomped her feet like a child.

Tzuyu gulped hard. A bad mood Sana was never good. 

“I was doing my homework back in my class. That’s why I late,” Tzuyu said nervously.

“So, right now your definition of doing homework is chit chatting with Momo and say yes to her invitation without informing me beforehand?” Sana said with a straight face.

“I – I . . .” Tzuyu was lost of words. She kept wondering why on earth Sana knew.

“Okay I forgive you”

Tzuyu raised her eyebrows, confused at Sana’s words.

“I said I forgive you,” Sana said as she could read the confusion on Tzuyu’s face.

“But,” Sana said again. “I am not really fond of the idea you spend that much time with Momo”

“What?” Tzuyu asked in disbelief. “Momo is my classmate and she is your bestfriend as well”

Sana stared at Tzuyu and said, “I don’t like to share what is mine!”

“What did you mean?” Tzuyu asked.

“You know very well what I mean, Chewy! You can't let Momo hug you like that! I don't like it!"

"Me? Hugging Momo? What are you talking about?" Tzuyu played dumb.

"Don't you act like you don't know! It is only me who allowed to hug you like that! Well except for mama and papa Chou and of course my parents!" Sana pouted and folded her arms in front of her chest.

Tzuyu blushed.

“Are you perhaps, jealous?” Tzuyu asked randomly and she immediately regret it.

Sana had this unreadable expression and what she said next made Tzuyu shocked.

“What if my answer is yes?”

Tzuyu’s eyed widened. She was surprised with the sudden confession.

“No, Tzuyu! She was only joking. Do not let her words go through your heart!” Tzuyu screamed in her head.

“Ugh. About this meeting,” Tzuyu paused. “What is it? Is there something important?” Tzuyu tried to change the topic.

“I was going to tell you that I’ll go to Dahyun’s birthday party and I wanted you to come to that party. But Momo already invited you, so problem solved” Sana explained and then looked at her wristwatch.

“I need to go,” Sana then stood up and planted a soft kiss on Tzuyu’s left cheek.

Tzuyu felt her skin was burning because of that contact. It left her heart beating like crazy, as it was going to burst out from her ribcage. She knew she was in a big problem for felt that way.

“I need to prepare for my date with Mark tonight. And I expect you to come to Dahyun’s party.”

Tzuyu just nodded and then Sana left first. When there was no Sana on her sight, Tzuyu clutched at her chest.

“Why it does hurt? Why I should be her knight? Can’t I be her prince instead?” she whispered to herself.

********

Hello again! First of all I would like to apologize first because of this late update. College and work really took my time T_T 

For anyone who read this story, thank you so much!