Socks

A home to call our own
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: 3 drabbles. Fyi drabbles 01 and 02 happen before Chapter 1 "A home to call our own", which is when Howon and Woohyun moved in together.

***

 

 

01 | A month before Socks
Howon has cold feet. Not the metaphorical kind, but the literal sort, Woohyun thinks as he tries to push Howon's bare soles off his thighs to somewhere less painful. It's harder than expected because Howon stirs at the slightest movement and while Woohyun could technically just wake Howon up, his boyfriend had fallen asleep barely five minutes into the movie they were watching, and Woohyun doesn't have the heart to wake him up just yet. Fidgeting in his seat, Woohyun checks the wall clock. There's still an hour before his roommate returns. He'll let Howon sleep until then.

Reaching over, Woohyun grabs the blanket they were using earlier to cover Howon's freezing feet over his lap. He doesn't realise he's jostled Howon until he hears Howon mumble, speech slurred with sleep, "You are so nice and warm."

Despite the discomfort of his now cold thighs, Woohyun finds himself smiling.

"Go back to sleep, we have an hour until Sungyeol returns."

Howon makes a soft sound of contentment when Woohyun his calves, and that's about all the answer he gets before Howon shifts to get comfortable on the too-small couch. Woohyun nearly winces when Howon's freezing toes dig into his thighs, but he catches himself in time. Eventually Howon settles, breaths growing even and Woohyun resumes watching the movie by himself, sound on mute so Howon can sleep. After a while, the cold of Howon's feet on his lap becomes more bearable, whether because he's used to it or because Howon has stolen enough body heat, he doesn't know. Either way, Woohyun grows comfortable enough that he doesn't realise he's drifted off himself, hands coming to rest on the blanket atop Howon's ankles.

 

 

02 | Socks
A glossy paper bag sits in the middle of the table that Woohyun's at, and Howon's suddenly worried that he's forgotten an anniversary or something. He's about to run out of the restaurant to check the dates he had saved on his phone (and in the worse case, hurriedly buy a present if today does turn out to be some anniversary) but then Woohyun spots him.

"Hey, over here."

Howon stills where he is. Jerkily nodding, he slowly makes his way to Woohyun, trying to figure out if today's anything more special than their usual weekend dates.

"Yeah. I... is today some special occasion?" Howon asks as he takes a seat, figuring it's better to get the question out of the way than spend the whole dinner wondering.

"No?" Woohyun looks puzzled for a moment, before a look of realisation passes. "Ah, this? I just got you something because I saw it while window shopping earlier. It's just a small thing."

Howon relaxes a little. "Oh." Woohyun pushes the bag towards him, and he wonders if he's supposed to open it now. "What is it?"

"Socks."

 

 

03 | 2 years after Socks
There's a drawer full of neatly folded socks, but Howon's favourite pair is nowhere to be found.

"Hyun!"

"Yeah?"

Please log in to read the full chapter