A home to call our own

A home to call our own
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are boxes all over their new apartment, brown shipping boxes still taped, others opened with their contents barely touched. The only empty box around is the one that had contained their daily necessities, except Woohyun can’t find his toothbrush in it despite having just searched through everything in it.

“Howonnnn!”

“What?”

“Where’s my toothbrush?”

Howon appears in the bedroom, a rag in hand, his hair messy and damp from whatever it was he had been doing in the living room.

“Isn’t it in that box?” he asks, pointing at the very same box Woohyun had just searched through for the last half an hour.

“No, it wasn’t, I checked,” Woohyun grumbles, pouting a little without thinking. He makes a face, sticking his lower lip out further, and Howon laughs.

“I’m sure we have spare toothbrushes somewhere. Why don’t you just use one of those?”

Woohyun sighs, searching through the bunch of toiletries he has removed from the box to find a spare toothbrush. “I like my old one,” he mumbles, but starts peeling the plastic off the new toothbrush anyway, so he can start washing up. Howon looks at him, amused.

“Shut up,” Woohyun says before Howon says anything.

Howon spreads his hands out in a placating gesture, eyebrows raised. “I didn’t even say a word.”

Woohyun glares at him, throwing the new plastic toothbrush into the cup where he has already placed Howon’s toothbrush in earlier. It makes an empty clink as it lands in the plastic cup, spinning a little before it settles next to Howon’s toothbrush, the bristles facing each other.

“I know. But I can feel you thinking. ‘You get overly attached to inanimate things, Woohyun-ah.’”Woohyun does his best impression of Howon, pulling a face as he kicks the things around the floor to make some space to walk.

Howon throws the rag at him. “I don’t make that face when I talk.”

Woohyun picks up the rag, tossing it back at him. “You so do.” He raises both hands, positioning his index fingers over his eyebrows. “Except you have much thicker brows than I do so it’ll look a little more like this –Yah”

The rag lands on his stomach this time, and Woohyun’s about to ask if the rag is even clean – his shirt isn’t the cleanest thing around but it’s still a white tee – but Howon’s in front of him, his hands on Woohyun’s arms, and he forgot what he had wanted to say.

“Howo –”

Howon’s lips are soft when they meet his, but then Howon runs his palms down Woohyun’s arms, and Woohyun finds himself leaning in, lips parting, lightly on Howon’s until the kiss grows into something hungrier, Woohyun’s own hands finding purchase on Howon’s hips. He’s sliding his hand under Howon’s shirt, wanting to feel more skin, but that turns out to be a bad idea because –

“You are so sweaty,” Woohyun complains, pulling back from the kiss with a slight frown.

Howon squints at him, a lopsided smile stretching across his slightly kiss-plump and reddened lips. “Why don’t you try assembling a table by yourself without perspiring next time?” Despite his words, Howon does step back a little, before picking up Woohyun’s hand, turning the palm over so he can use his singlet to wipe the dampness off. Woohyun lets Howon finish, before he playfully drags the flat of his palm against the front of Howon’s top, like Howon didn’t already do a good job drying his hand.

“Are you done with the table?”

“Yeah, I was just wiping it down just now.”

“In that case… wash up with me?”

Howon grins at him. “A

Please log in to read the full chapter