Chapter 2

Royal Differences

A bunch of phone calls and text messages from Somi later, Nayoung finally makes her way to their school, Uthopia University. Nayoung tries to calm herself down but she still can’t stop fidgeting on her seat. She is listing down all the possible (horrible) things that could happen now that school had finally started. Again.

 

Well first, Somi’s going to annoy her like hell. Second, a handful of royals is pretty much hard to handle since most of them still lack manners and right demeanor. Third, non-royals will also be here which will of course, make things worse.

 

Nayoung’s head starts to hurt by just thinking about it. More trouble means more hours spent in the disciplinary room slash detention. She’ll be dying of boredom. Why was she appointed as student body president anyway?

 

She continues counting all the other things that might happen and things she had to do. 

 

Well, I have to deal with club problems as well. And I have to pick up Jie--…

               

..

               

...

               

....

               

.....

               

Right…

               

A sigh escapes Nayoung's lips. She’s not supposed to be thinking about these things. She’s not supposed to remember anything that has happened. She’s not supposed to remember…

               

Her.

               

She can’t help it. She can’t help but miss that flattering feeling she feels whenever she’s around or when she suddenly hugs her from behind or when she just snuggles into her arms. She can’t help it if she misses all the secrets and kisses they shared and how soft and sweet her lips are. Until now, everything reminds her of that certain Chinese girl that she fell in love with in the first place. Until now, she keeps remembering all the things they shared. All the hugs, sweet nothings, gentle kisses.

               

Nayoung is supposed to forget everything. She is even planning to burn all the pictures and mementos that was given to her. She did. Except for one photo, the one that she keeps by her bed. Well, she did have a reason why she kept that one. It’s to keep her sane, to keep her going and not give up on life. She just seem to lose everything she held dear to her. Everything that seems to complete her.

               

There’s also another reason why.

               

“It’s because you’re still in love with her…”

               

“Did you say something, Madam?”, her driver turns to her.

               

Nayoung turns to her driver and shakes her head slowly. Nayoung turns to her right to just stare at the window, staring off to space to reflect on all the happenings in her life.

               

 

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 

 

 

Sejeong can’t help but feel excited and worried all at the same time. It’s going to be her first day in Uthopia University, a prestigious school where only royals are allowed to study. Well, she has no idea why but suddenly this school allowed non-royals to enter.

               

Okay don’t mess this up. Don’t embarrass yourself. Don’t attempt to burn the school down. Don’t frighten people. Keep it nice and keep a smile on your face. Most importantly, keep breathing.

               

“Yah Sejeongie! You okay? You look kinda pale.”

               

Sejeong turns to her right and made eye contact with a concerned Choi Yoojung. Sejeong gives her a warm smile and a nod.

               

“Just nervous, Yoodongie.”

               

“Are you really sure?”, Kim Nayoung says and presses her palm on Sejeong’s forehead.

               

“I’m fine unnie. You two don’t have to worry.”, Sejeong flashes them her infamous eyesmile.

               

Nayoung looks at her for a brief moment and continues with her reading while Yoojung turns to look at the window. Sejeong felt warmth in her insides because she has these two to look after her. Nayoung, her only family left and Yoojung, who treats her like a sister and looks after her even though she’s older. Sejeong feels contented and happy that she smiles to herself.

               

They are on their way to England, where she’s going to study. She’s so lucky for the president allowed them to enter such school but Nayoung and her have something to do for the president, to return the favor.

 

 

 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

 

 

 

Nayoung and Sejeong nervously enters the President’s study. They were in the middle of doing chores when the President’s secretary calls for them, saying the President Choi wants to see them. They exchange quick confused looks and made their way to his study. They knew that it was something urgent.

               

“Go knock, Sejeong.”, Nayoung commands.

               

“No, you go. I’m going to faint if I do.”, Sejeong counters.

               

“No, you. I’m older so you have to follow me.”, Nayoung says then sticks her tongue out.

               

“Yah! Stop using that "I'm older than you"card here! It's life or death we're talking about here!”, Sejeong says in her ahjussi tone, overexaggerating their visit to the President's study.

               

“Fine. Rock, paper, scissors then?”

               

“You better play fair.”

               

Sejeong pouts as Nayoung s her fist in the air.

               

“Ha! Paper beats rock. Now go knock.”, Nayoung says with a face-splitting grin on her face.

               

Sejeong obliges and enters the large room while Nayoung follows her inside. The President turns to them and motions for them to sit down. They sit down and Sejeong gulps, feeling like she’s about to faint. The President’s presence is quite frightening. The two girls make their way to the President's table, his back them.

 

Nayoung stays behind Sejeong, holding onto her arm as if it was her lifeline. Sejeong making slow, tiny steps. President Choi seems to notice their presence so he turns to them. Nayoung and Sejeong get startled, the two of them getting goosebumps. The president tells them to take their seats. They both follow his command. He looks at them, causing the two girls to swallow the lump on their throats.

 

"Do you have any idea why I called you here?", the president asks them, calm and composed, the usual him.

 

The two girls shake their heads in response.

 

"Well, I am planning to send my daughter, Yoojung, to study in this prestigious school in England. To make things short, I need someone to watch over her while she studies there. And I am planning to send you two, to accompany her and study as well. I am willing to shoulder all the expenses that you need. So what do you say?"

 

Nayoung's eyes widen and Sejeong's mouth hangs open. From a normal person's point of view, the two would have looked really comical and funny. But this is the President of Korea in front of them so he portrays a straight face, a thin line on his lips, his eyes not showing any emotions.

 

"But sir, isn't that school for royals only?", Sejeong asks.

 

"Well, the school opened it up for non-royals as well. Commoners can study there now."

 

The president turns to her, "Oh, so you know about this university?"

 

Sejeong looks down, "Well, I've read a little about it, sir. So yes, I do know a bit about it."

 

That one's a lie. Sejeong knows A LOT about Uthopia University. She's been reading about it online, on magazines and even on newspapers. She's dreamt of attending that school, seeing the royals she's always looked up to. The daughter of the President of China, Zhou Jieqiong, is one hell of a beauty for Sejeong's opinion. She travels a lot and has been featured among several world-renowned magazines as well. The daughter of the King of England, Im Nayoung looks so cool even though she doesn't show any emotions. One thing she's always admired from her.

 

But one of these royals that she totally dreams of seeing is Ennik Somi Douma, the daughter of the King of Netherlands. Truthfully enough, she's had a crush on the girl ever since the girl's just 10 years old. Believe it or not, Sejeong keeps the magazines where Somi's being featured. Even the magazines where Somi's name is just merely mentioned.

 

Sejeong's always admired Somi's carefree attitude, not really caring what will people think about her even though she's a royal. She's always admired how beautiful the girl is, even though she has mixed blood. She seems to be really kind whenever she talks to her people as well, making Sejeong fall for her even more. The girl's antics will suddenly shock the world at most times, causing some controversials to be raised by the public but Sejeong would always end up defending her name. One time, she almost ended up being kicked out of high school when she fought with this girl who insulted her princess. The girl ended up losing a tooth and getting her nose broken.

 

There's also that time when Nayoung caught Sejeong talking to Somi's picture on a magazine cover, even kissing it before going to sleep. Nayoung kept on teasing her about it for an entire month, reminding her of how much of a er she is when it comes to Somi. Sejeong would always blush, a deep shade of red and ends up ignoring the older girl for an entire day.

 

Nayoung knows about Sejeong's "little" crush on Somi. Now that's an understatement. Nayoung doesn't mind Sejeong falling for girls since they're pretty much on the same page. Birds of the same feather, flock together, as the saying goes. But going back, Nayoung always scolds Sejeong whenever she gets in trouble because of her obsession with Somi. Sejeong tries her best though to really stay out of trouble.

 

"I see then. Well I guess you already have an idea on how the school works. You two don't have to worry about the expenses on going to England for I am willing to shoulder them. I'll even have your passports ready.", the president tells them, standing up from his seat to look at the huge window in his study, his hands clasped behind his back. 

 

"But the school seems to handle the expenses for non-royals who wants to study there, that is, if you pass their examinations.", he adds. "So what do you say? You just simply watch over my daughter, Yoojung, and study there as well. Do we have a deal?", he says then turns to the two girls.

 

"Well...", the two girls look at each other, trying to communicate using their eyes.

 

Well? What do you think unnie? We should take it!

 

Nayoung rolls her eyes, Psh. You just want to see your crush, Somi.

 

Eh? No. Of course it's going to be for our future.

 

Nayoung raises one of her eyebrows.

 

Okay. I guess that's also one of the reasons why.

 

"Well sir, we accept your offer.", Nayoung smiles. Sejeong stops herself from screaming with so much joy and jump like a little kid who gets to see her favorite person in the world.

 

Well, I guess Somi is kinda her favorite person in the world.

 

The president nods, seemingly satisfied with their decision. He moves to stand before them and he extends his hand. Sejeong stands up and instead of shaking it, she gives a high-five. The president gets shocked by her sudden action, looking at her.

 

Sejeong notices this and suddenly looks down, completely embarassed, "I'm sorry, sir. I just got really excited.", she smiles sheepishly.

 

Nayoung bows down slightly, "I apologize on her behalf, sir. She tends to be weird after her daydreaming."

 

President Choi chuckles, "It's alright. You two can leave now. I still have to talk to Yoojung about this when she gets home."

 

"Okay, sir.", the two girls respond, leaving the study.

 

 

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

 

 

A/N: Ah yes. Found a reason to update this again after 999999999 centuries! So sorry about that guys! And I'lll try to make the next chapters longer for y'all. I am trying to survive this hell week and I've been stressed and I saw this so I thought why not update to vent out my frustrations? Anyways, thank you guys for sticking up for me and this story. Love y'all~ <3