Chapter 1

Royal Differences

                A beeping sound is what woke Nayoung up from her heavenly slumber. She noticed that her phone got 52 missed calls and 47 new messages. She checked her alarm clock on her bedside table that read 5:48 am.

                Curse you, Ennik Somi Douma! Who the wakes someone up with 52 missed calls and 47 messages at 5 in the morning?!

                Nayoung’s lips forms into a scowl as she imagines that tiny little smirk on the younger girl’s lips. She knows how to annoy her well. That Somi knows how much she treasures her wonderful slumber.

                Nayoung picked up her phone to send Somi a very “nice” reply.

                “Hey. I really would like to thank you for all those messages and missed calls. Really appreciate how you would wake me up in the morning with nothing really important to say. Really, I appreciate it. ^.^”

                 She then received a reply from the younger girl.

                 “Awww I’m glad you appreciate it! I just really don’t want you to be late today for it’s going to be the first day of school today! Maybe I should do it more often? <3”

                 Nayoung facepalmed. Gosh, this girl really can’t detect sarcasm. She’s starting to get on her nerves. First, waking her up at like 5am and annoying her even more? Aish.

                 Wait. First day of school? No wonder Somi keeps spamming her with calls and messages.

                 Nayoung got up from her comfy bed and went to her study table to check her calendar.

                 Hmm. It is the first day of school. How “peachy”. She would really have to “thank” Somi for reminding her. She sent another text from Somi for the girl kept spamming her inbox with useless things like how she got a new pet hamster, like when she got her nails done and bunch of emoticons. Well, that’s the last straw.

                “Hey Som. Can you do a teeny tiny favor for me? J

                “Yeah sure. Wow you seem to be in a good mood. Well this is rare so ask away~”

                “Okay.”

                “If you don’t stop spamming my inbox, I swear to God that I’m going to make sure that you’ll be buried alive right in the middle of the Sahara Desert.”

                                3…

                                2…

                                1…

                 No reply. Nayoung heaved a sigh of relief. She finally made her stop.

                *beep*

                What. The. Fudging. Hell.

                Nayoung closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead. This kid really needs to a doctor. No scratch that. She needs to be locked away in an asylum. She starts to wonder how she is even friends with such a person. Like seriously. Her life is a living hell because of this girl.

                God. When will this end?

                She looked at her bedside table and noticed a picture frame. There were two people there, smiling, looking at each other’s eyes deeply like they were madly in love. A familiar pang of nostalgia suddenly hit her. Painful memories began to flood her mind. Then slowly, a sad smile formed on . She walked to her bedside table and grabbed the portrait, looking at it with sad eyes.

                “God, I miss you. Do you miss me the way I miss you?...”, she whispered to herself, and ever so gently, placed a ghost-like kiss on the picture frame.

                A knock on her door is what broke her from her reverie. She took a deep breath to prevent the tears that were threatening to fall. She then approached the door and opened it. Her butler was there. He bowed courteously and then stared at Nayoung with tired eyes.

                “His Majesty is looking for you. He says that he’ll meet you in the study.”,

               Nayoung nodded and got out of her room. The butler then made his way to the study, leading Nayoung to where it is. Like she would get lost or something. After a few minutes, they stopped in front of a rather huge door. The butler bowed yet again and left Nayoung alone.

               She took a deep breath and held the doorknob. Why is she so nervous whenever she’s going to meet her father? Oh yeah. She should be. He’s just the King of England so no pressure there. (take note of the sarcasm)

                “Father. Why did you call for me?”, Nayoung shakily said while she entered the room.

                “We have important matters to discuss. Please, have a seat.”, the King said with his deep and husky voice that echoed throughout the entire room.

                 Nayoung proceeded to where his father is and sat across him. She started fidgeting with her fingers. Her palms were also getting sweaty. The King took off his reading glasses and looked at Nayoung straight in the eye. He’s got his eyebrows furrowed, probably thinking of the right words to say.

                “I had a meeting with the school’s board of directors the other day.”, her father started. “Seems like there’s going to be a change to some of the school’s rules.”

                Nayoung blinked.

                What? I was not informed about this.

                “It seems to me that the board has decided to let non-royals in. I’m not yet quite sure of the details but they did mention something about scholarship programs and such so that the school could actually have other students and of course to improve other whatnots.”, her father informed.

                 Nayoung just stared at his father. She could not believe her ears.

                 Non-royals? What were the school board thinking? Have they gone bonkers? Gosh, some royals can also be a pain in the arse but now they’re going to add non-royals into the mix. That’s going to be one disastrous mess.

                 The king stared at Nayoung, waiting for a reaction. Nayoung took a deep breath and looked at her father.

                “I’m pretty sure that the board must have a good reason why they added this rule. Must be something to improve the school’s performance and of course add to its good reputation.”, Nayoung formally said.

                “Hmmm. They better have. Or else, I’m going to stop giving donations to that school.”, his father said, standing up from his seat.

                Nayoung’s eyebrows shoots up. Her father can never do something like that. He’s always been charitable.

                “I’m only joking, dear daughter.”, he said, shooting her a smile.

                Nayoung smiled back and stood up as well.

                “Well I’m off to prepare for school. Somi’s been bombarding me with text messages and calls.”, Nayoung said. Just the thought of it makes her roll her eyes.

                His father chuckled and placed his hand on her shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze.

                “Very well. This Somi seems to be a very caring person.”

                Nayoung just nodded in response to what her father just said.

                If you only know her true nature, Father…

                              Nayoung bowed courteously and made her way to the door.

               “Nayoung?”, his father called.

                Nayoung turned around and looked at him with her brown eyes, looking straight at her Father’s eyes that also has that same shade of brown like hers that people seem to love.

               “Hm?”

               “I missed you. I hope you’re okay.”, her father gave her a rueful smile.

                             Nayoung just gave him a slight nod and made her way out of the room to prepare for a really really “nice” day ahead.

               A nice day indeed.

 

 

 

A/N: Gosh I know. You can kill me. Got a lot of school stuff to do and I just wrote this to get some stress out and hopefully, make me feel a little better about stress from school. Sorry if I wrote it in such a ty way. I still need to think on how the story should go and all that. And I am currently running out of words so I better read a dictionary to freshen up my memory. (LOL) Anyways, hope you guys forgive me and tell me what you think about it! Comments and suscriptions are always appreciated. They keep me going and they keep me sane. So this has been me and I'm out! Peace~ (-)> (does that look like penguin because it definitely looks like a penguin to me~ x) )