- 2 -

Unknown Acquaintance

11:35 PM 

Nam Joon: 

I'm back. I had to go to a check up with my sister, it lasted a bit longer because they found some bad things. 

 

12:03 AM 

Nam Joon: 

Are you asleep then? 

Nam Joon: 

I'm a bit upset tonight. 

Nam Joon: 

It's normal to be upset during a time like this, right? 

Nam Joon: 

I feel like I know you. 

 

9:40 AM 

Nam Joon: 

You're still going to the costume party, right? 

Nam Joon: 

I guess it doesn't really matter even if you are haha.. 

Seen 9:45 AM 

 

11:00 AM 

Seung Hwa: 

How is your sister? Are they really bad things? 

Nam Joon: 

There you are :) They found another mass or something like that. 

Seung Hwa: 

I'm assuming a cancerous mass.. That really . Can I send her flowers? Can I meet her?

Nam Joon: 

I don't know if you should

Seung Hwa: 

Right. Sorry. 

Nam Joon: 

Mm.. I guess if you really want to, you can visit her hospital room. She's staying there until her surgery. 

Seung Hwa: 

Avoid the room an hour from now. I want to visit. 

Nam Joon is typing... 

Seung Hwa: 

Room number? Hospital? 

Nam Joon: 

_______ hospital. Room 302. 

Seung Hwa: 

Thanks for trusting me

Seung Hwa: 

It means a lot

Nam Joon is typing... 

Seen 11:12 AM 

----

Third Person

A girl was in a bed in front of me. Sickly pale, thin limbs, and a wrap around her head. It was a painful sight for Seung Hwa to see even though she had no idea who this person was. 

She walked further into the empty room and placed the bundle of flowers down beside her bed, a card within the flowers for her to read later. 

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." Seung Hwa whispered, staring at the thin girl with pity. "I would take your spot if I could.. Even though I don't know you."

Seung Hwa fixed the covers so they were pulled up closer to the girls sharp chin and smiled a bit when the girl opened her eyes, revealing dull, dark brown eyes. 

"Who are you?" She asked with a slightly frightened, hoarse voice. 

Seung Hwa shook her head. "Someone who knows your brother." 

"You know Namjoon oppa?" She sat up, wincing a bit. "He never mentioned knowing any girls. Are you someone he loves?" 

Seung Hwa shook her head again. "We just met a few days ago. He talked of you these past few days and I wanted to see you." Seung Hwa looked over at the flowers. "I left you some flowers." 

"Will you visit again?" She stared right into Seung Hwa's eyes, a brief flicker of happiness flooding her eyes. 

She must like people visiting her, Seung Hwa thought. "If you wish me to, I will visit you often." 

"Truthfully.. No one visits me. Only my family." She hung her head a bit. "I never got to meet any friends. I've been sick like this for so long." 

Seung Hwa put her frail hand over the girl's hand. "I will be your friend. Just call me Unni." 

"What's your name?" 

"Just call me Unni." Seung Hwa pulled her hand away and flashed another smile. "Shall I come by tomorrow then? This time?" 

"Please do... Unni." She smiled and giggled a bit. 

"Then I will do that." Seung Hwa glanced at the time. "I must go now, goodbye. I will see you tomorrow." 

"Goodbye, Unni." She waved, shortly, and watched Seung Hwa leave. 

What is her name, the girl thought. Why does she look so sad, the girl thought. 

But all her thoughts were nothing without answers. 

----

4:02 PM 

Nam Joon: 

My sister is talking a lot of you. You didn't tell her your name? 

Seung Hwa: 

It's better that she doesn't :) 

Seung Hwa: 

She's very cute. She wants me to visit her at that time again tomorrow and until she's out of the hospital. Am I allowed to? 

Nam Joon: 

She likes you so I see no wrong to it. 

Nam Joon: 

Mm... I'd be lying if I said that I'm not curious to what you look like. 

Seung Hwa: 

We made a deal not to see each other, remember? 

Nam Joon is typing...

Nam Joon is typing...

Seen 4:10 PM 

 

5:15 PM 

Nam Joon: 

Are you working? 

Nam Joon: 

Do you like your job? 

Seung Hwa: 

I am. And I don't. 

Nam Joon: 

Why do it then? 

Seung Hwa: 

Money. It pays good. 

Nam Joon: 

Are you low on funds, then? 

Seung Hwa: 

None of your business HA :P 

Nam Joon: 

What was that? That's odd 

Seung Hwa: 

I dunno. Our conversation is pretty boring, don't you think? We should amp it up. 

Nam Joon: 

What do you mean? I think it's fine 

Seung Hwa: 

Then never mind. 

Seung Hwa: 

Lame 

Seung Hwa: 

I'm changing your name in my contacts. 

Lamjoon: 

To what? 

Seung Hwa: 

Nothing, hehe. 

Lamjoon: 

What is that supposed to mean? Is it at least funny? lol 

Seung Hwa: 

No not really

Seen 5:23 PM 

 

2:14 AM 

Seung Hwa: 

Oh my... Guess what just happened to ME?! 

Seung Hwa: 

I fell! HA! I fell. 

Seung Hwa: 

Right in front of my door! I did it! 

Seung Hwa: 

I'm not supposed to make mistakes. When I make them, people don't pay me. 

Seung Hwa: 

This guy didn't pay me! He left! 

Seung Hwa: 

He took up all of my time at work today and then just left when I fell! 

Seung Hwa: 

I didn't mean to miss a step! 

Seung Hwa: 

I guess it is a good thing. 

Seung Hwa: 

He's not very nice anyways 

Message failed to send

Seung Hwa: 

Why do these ing messages not send when I start talking about my issues? 

Message failed to send

Seung Hwa: 

I'm getting a new data plan. This is ing stupid.

Message failed to send. 

 

8:30 AM 

Seung Hwa: 

Hello~ 

Message failed to send

 

9:23 AM 

Lamjoon: 

Are you okay? What happened last night?

Lamjoon: 

Why were you taking a man home from work? 

Lamjoon: 

Seung Hwa? 

 

10:00 AM 

Seung Hwa: 

Are you texting me? I can't tell. I think my data is still screwed up. 

Message failed to send

Seung Hwa: 

**pout** I want to talk to you Lamjoon hehehe

Message failed to send

Seung Hwa: 

I'm changing it back to Nam Joon 

Message failed to send

Seung Hwa: 

Ugh

Message failed to send 

----

Third Person

"Unni, you really came again!" The girl smiled widely at Seung Hwa from the bed.

Seung Hwa returned the smile and walked over to her bed side. "Is your brother not here?" 

"He said he'll leave this time for you to visit if you keep your promise of visiting me. Why don't you two come at the same time?" 

Seung Hwa handed her a little stuffed bear and smiled wider when the girl got excited and cuddled it. "Secret." Seung Hwa put a finger to her lips and giggled a bit. "Okay?" 

"Unni.. Why do you always look so sad? Even now." The girl pouted. "Did something bad happen?" 

Seung Hwa sat beside her bed and sighed. "I'm not sad. You're mistaken. How do you feel?" 

The girl dropped the issue and lightly shrugged. "I'm just bored today. I felt sick earlier but I'm fine right now." 

"That's good." Seung Hwa stared around. "Does your brother visit often?" 

"He's here all the time. He quit his job for me. I feel so horrible when I remember that but..." The girl just sighed. "No one can really change his mind." 

The two talked for a while and then Seung Hwa left, another promise to see the girl tomorrow was made and the girl was happy. 

Seung Hwa was developing an emotional attachment to the girl. 

She enjoyed her company just as much as the girl enjoyed Seung Hwa's. 

But it would have to end someday. 

Probably soon. 

Seung Hwa didn't know. 

---

1:20 PM 

Seung Hwa: 

I got my data plan fixed. I have no idea what was wrong with it. 

Seung Hwa: 

That was why I wasn't getting what you sent, by the way. 

Nam Joon: 

Oh, I see 

Nam Joon: 

What about last night? What happened? 

Seung Hwa: 

It's nothing. I was just being stupid haha 

Nam Joon: 

You always do that

Seung Hwa: 

Do what? 

Nam Joon: 

Tell me half of something and then change your mind. It's like you're just begging for me to pry

Seung Hwa: 

It's like you said, I'm just changing my mind, there is nothing more to it lol 

Nam Joon: 

I guess so. Did you visit my sister today? 

Seung Hwa: 

I did

Nam Joon: 

You seem to put her to ease.. What are you doing differently than I? 

Seung Hwa:

Uh, I dunno, I just talk to her

Nam Joon: 

Must be a girl thing lol

Seung Hwa: 

Sure haha she's sweet. What's her name? 

Nam Joon:

You still don't know her name? 

Nam Joon:

Kim Geong Min

Seung Hwa: 

That's a pretty name 

Seung Hwa: 

Where are your parents? She said only you visits her 

Nam Joon is typing... 

Seen 1:29 PM 

 

2:00 PM 

Seung Hwa: 

We're talking a lot lately. Do you like me? 

Seung Hwa: 

Aw, you like me

Nam Joon: 

How can I like a screen? That's all you are to me

Seung Hwa: 

I was joking, sheesh 

Nam Joon: 

Whatever.. What are you up to? 

Seung Hwa: 

Same thing I do all the time. Work. 

Nam Joon: 

Seriously? Shouldn't you be rich by now?

Seung Hwa: 

I know right? Where does it keep going? 

Nam Joon: 

I'm still curious about those texts from earlier. 

Seung Hwa: 

Be curious :) 

Seung Hwa: 

I won't ever tell you, because.. You're just a screen to me as well

Nam Joon: 

Then doesn't that mean you'd tell me? 

Nam Joon: 

Since I'm just a screen? 

Seung Hwa is typing... 

Seen 2:13 PM