Final

Always be yours (whenever you need me)

 

Jimin will never forget the first time they met.

 

 

It was a hot Tuesday afternoon, and Jimin was outside the newly-built building behind the school grounds, waiting for his friend and neighbor, Taehyung, to come and walk home with him home.

 

 

Since classes ended an hour earlier, there weren’t a lot of students passing by him, and so Jimin, even for just a moment, enjoyed the serenity that filled the air.

 

 

And then he saw him, walking his way.

 

 

A lot of things stood out then. His dark brown hair, his amazingly pretty eyes, his tall stature, even the earrings that adorned his right ear. But what caught Jimin off-guard was his smile. There was something mischievous in the way he smiled. It’s as if he doesn’t have a single care in the world, but can also control everything back to its place.

 

 

There was something dangerous yet addictive about his smile that Jimin can’t quite put his finger on, and it distracted him so much that he did not stop to think that the mysterious stranger’s smile is actually directed at him.

 

 

Jimin realized that fact a few seconds later, when the stranger stopped right in front of him, still smiling, and waved his hand.

 

 

“Hi, I’m Jeon Jungkook, Taehyung’s cousin. He told me to come here and get you. You’re Jimin, right?”

 

 

“T-Taehyung’s cousin?” Jimin asked, stuttering a bit because of sudden embarrassment. He doesn’t even know why he’s feeling like that at all.

 

 

Jungkook pursed his lips and nodded. “Should we go now?”

 

 

Jimin composed himself before nodding back. “Yes.”

 

 

Little did he know, this was just the first of the many should-we-go-nows that Jungkook will ask him.

 

 

And everytime, Jimin’s answer will always be yes.

 

***

 

The days that followed their meeting involved Jungkook constantly hanging out with him and Taehyung after school.

 

 

Then it turned to Jungkook declaring that Jimin is his favorite person, and hanging out with only him.

 

 

He was too weird for Jimin’s liking, but he found himself always being mesmerized with his pretty smile. And eventually, being mesmerized with him.

 

 

It took months before Jimin admitted to himself that maybe he liked Jungkook.

 

 

And it was a month after that when Jimin became sure that he loved him.

 

 

He only wished for Jungkook’s happiness, more than his own. 

 

***

 

“Do you have someone you like?”

 

 

Jungkook blurted out this question while they’re hanging out at a cafe. Jimin raised an eyebrow.

 

 

“Why do you want to know?”

 

 

He shrugged. “Oh, just because. C’mon, answer it!”

 

 

Jimin stared at him for a while before answering. “You.”

 

 

The next minute was enveloped with silence, Jungkook looking at Jimin with surprised eyes, and Jimin staring back seriously. Then Jungkook laughed heartily and hit his bestfriend on the shoulder.

 

 

“Quit it. You’re not being serious, are you?” he said, looking at Jimin expectantly.

 

 

Jimin smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. “Of course! Who would be interested with you? With a face like that, no one will.”

 

 

Acting offended, Jungkook pouted. “Excuse you, this face makes everyone go crazy--”

 

 

Jimin raised his hand, as if to surrender. “Eww, stop it.”

 

 

“Seriously, do you?”

 

 

“I don’t know,whatever. Really, why do you want to know, you kid?”

 

 

Jungkook smiled, looking very happy. “Because I think I just found mine.”

 

 

Jimin ignored the surge of loneliness that followed Jungkook’s confession.

 

***

 

Jimin met her a few days after their conversation. There was no denying that Jungkook and Sana were meant to be together. Two very beautiful beings in a relationship, and Jimin felt very out of place.

 

 

“She’s very pretty, isn’t she?” Jungkook asked, when Sana left to find her friends.

 

 

They were in Taehyung’s birthday party, and Jungkook brought his girlfriend with him along. 

 

 

Jimin nodded. “Yes, she is.”

 

 

Jungkook flashed him his trademark bright smile, eyes twinkling. “I’m lucky to have her.”

 

 

Jimin smiled bitterly. And when he’s sure that Jungkook wouldn’t hear him, he spoke.

 

 

“She’s lucky to have you, too.”

 

***

 

Maybe their fates were destined to turn out like that, Jimin thought. 

 

 

For him to fall for Jungkook the very second he sees him, and for Jungkook to fall for somebody else.

 

 

It was a bittersweet fate, but one that Jimin has to accept, since he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it.

 

 

Even if he can’t have Jungkook for himself.

 

Even if the only place left for him is to watch Jungkook love another person.

 

 

Jimin is fine.

 

As long as Jungkook is happy, Jimin is fine.

 

***

 

Jimin will never forget the first time they met.

 

 

And if he’s given a chance to live his life again, he’s sure he would still choose to meet and fall for Jungkook.

 

 

After all, if it’s Jungkook, 

 

 

Jimin will always say yes.