[08 2012]

If We Ever Meet Again

August 15th, 2012

“Close your eyes”, Park Hyemin said, before she draped eyeshadow over Soojin’s lids. 
“Hyemin”, Soojin said. The other girl hummed, concentrating on making a fine line with the eyeliner.  
“Have you ever worked with male artists?” 
Hyemin chuckled. “Why?” 
“Just wondering”, she declared. 
“I can see who you’re looking at”, Hyemin said, pointing to the phone in Soojin’s lap. “I never did his make-up though, sorry.”  

Soojin huffed in response. “It’s not important anyway, I was just wondering.” 
Hyemin hummed again, knowingly. “Yeah, I can see how you were just wondering.” The make-up artist turned around to put away the gel brush. Soojin glanced at her for a second. 
“Don’t worry, I won’t go around telling people about your crush”, Hyemin said, now having eyelashes in her hand. “I think it’s cute.” 
“Hyemin!”, Soojin exclaimed. “I don’t have a crush on him!” 
Of course not.” Hyemin laughed. “Look down, please.”

Hyemin proceeded finishing her make-up on the girl before she was told to slip into her dress. The stylist as well as Hyemin helped her with it, since the fragile piece of clothing could have been ripped apart just to easily.

Soojin rested her hand on the stylist’s shoulder as she helped adjust the dress to her feet to slip into while she watched her feet, wanting to be less of a stand-byer and help them with the clothing but there wasn’t exactly anything to do for her just yet.

She hadn’t noticed Hyeri walking in until the moment she heard the familiar laugh. Soojin looked up to find her friend’s grinning face. 
“Is that body all you’re going to wear?”, she fussed, keeping to laugh.

“Of course not.” Soojin shook her head. Hyeri watched as the dress was pulled upwards and Soojin slipped her hands into the sleeves. 
“Wow!”, Hyeri piqued. “Why didn’t we get something like this at our debut stage?” Soojin laughed shyly and took a look into the mirror. The dress, that was a black see through fabric with sleeves long enough to reach the knuckles on her fingers and a skirt that flaunted her hipline, only know seemed to be giving her the majestic feel she wanted to have felt to give her the self-assurance needed to give her all on her first performance ever.

The dress ended in a rough mermaid cut flaring that went long enough to cover half a meter of the ground around her. It floated around her feet beautifully like a wedding gown.

But because of that she had to wear the highest heels in all her life to make up for her short legs. They were painfully high, and just literally painful in general.

“You really do look good. Good enough to rock your debut stage.” Soojin looked at Hyeri. 
“Thanks”, she replied, nervousness making its way through her all off the sudden. She found herself playing with the bracelet on her wrist until she was called to go on stage.

 


As this was a prequel, the story continues here