[05 2012]

If We Ever Meet Again

May 16th, 2012

“A soloist?”, Dahee asked. 
Soojin nodded, a bright smile plastered on her face. “Yang Hyun Suk told me at our monthly evaluation yesterday. 
“Hopfefully they’ll make you wear something more flattering”, Hyeri laughed, flicking the button on her yellow jacket. 
“It’s the school uniform you brat, you’re wearing the exact same one!” Soojin pushed Hyeri playfully but the girl only laughed in response.

“Oh for god’s sake don’t you girls talk about anything else these days?” Sehun mumbled, already being entirely as grumpy that whole day. 
“I forgot he has a voice already”, Hyeri chuckled. “You barely talk with us!” 
Sehun ignored her, Soojin thought, but then he grimaced and murmuring “yeah, very funny”, with a hushed voice.

“Don’t mock him”, Soojin said, wrapping her arm around his shoulder. “He can’t it that his closest friends in school are girls only.” She tried but she couldn’t hide the smirk on his lips. 
“Oh shut up”, Sehun cursed but let the trainee keep herself locked around him. 
“Someone’s really grumpy today”, Seulgi laughed. “Anything you need to talk about?” 
“No”, he hummed. “Keep taunting me you all and I’ll pay you back.” He shot Seulgi a look of annoyance.

“I’m heading that way”, Dahee suddenly said, nodding to her left. The group stopped midway. 
“Alright”, Soojin smiled. “We’ll see you tomorrow in class.”

Dahee waved goodbye and left. 
“I need to get going too”, said Sehun. “Exo has a performance to attend. They’re probably already waiting for me.” 
“Are you just saying that to get the hell away from us or-“ 
“No, I really gotta get going”, Sehun shook his head. “They’re picking me up, though.”

Sehun spotted the van that a few feet from them, pointing at it. “There they are.”

When Soojin followed his gaze she not only spotted the van that came to pick him up – big enough to fit all twelve members of his group – but one guy standing next to it, his leg propped against the red brick wall of the school’s gate, his hands tugged into his jeans pocket and his face covered with a mask.

Sehun waved at him and the guy smiled. Although Soojin could only see the eyes of his face she knew he was smiling back. It was obvious in his posture.  
“Who’s this?”, Soojin asked, mesmerized. 
“Jongin”, Sehun explained lazily. “My groupmate.”

Once being close enough and in hearing distance of Jongin, he pulled down the mask, revealing the smile that was hiding beneath before a dark voice came from him.

“To see you in between so many girls … I didn’t think it was possible.”

“Oh lord, what is wrong with everybody today?” Sehun huffed, opening the door to the van.

Soojin was right, the can was filled with the group members. Some of them lurked their heads outside to take a look at who was disturbing but when they saw the arrival of Sehun they all greeted him happily.

Jongin used the opportunity of silence to introduce himself to Hyeri and Soojin, whereas he greeted Seulgi casually. 
“I’m Hyeri and this is Soojin”, Hyeri replied when no words came out of Soojin. Soojin saw Hyeri rolling her eyes at her when she continued to gaze at Jongin every few seconds but she ignored it. 
“Nice to meet you”, Soojin mumbled but Jongin caught it. He smiled at her. Suddenly, and Soojin had no idea what came over her, she held out her hand, waiting for him to shake it.

Jongin looked at her, utterly confused at first. Only after Hyeri explained did his smile come back: “she’s from the states.” 
He nodded, grinning, and put shook her hand.  Soojin, however, died internally. What the hell was that? 
Hyeri was just as confused about Soojin’s weird behavior but for once decided not to be vocal about it. She had a feeling it was because Soojin was starstruck. 
“Same here”, he said. And then, if Soojin wasn’t mistaken, she saw him winking at her.

Sehun tossed his backpack inside and then turned back around. 
“Why were you waiting outside?”, he asked Jongin who shrugged in return. He had released her hand but kept his eyes locked with hers.

Then, when he finally replied, he looked away from her. “I kinda miss this place. I wanted to see it again. “ 
“You can’t see it from the car’s window?”

Jongin laughed. “Why would I?”

Sehun shrugged, obviously not in the mood to argue. “Let’s get going now, I’m hungry.”