What's Going On?

I Thought You Said You Wouldn't Forget Me?

"What are we going to make?"  I asked Dongrim, and he just shrugged while looking through the refrigerator. 
He let out a sigh, "Hyungs!" He yelled out, "There's nothing to cook!" 
David came in, and started to help us to look for something to at least heat up. 
"Instant ramen?" He asked, as he held up packets of it. Dongrim and I looked at each other and nodded. 
David looked at us, "Just use the flavoring that came with it!" 
I started looking around the room and pretended to not hear him. Whenever I cook myself instant ramen, I tend to add something like jalapenos or something spicy. "Hana?" David said in a questioning tone, I smiled at him and shooed him away. 

Dongrim looked at me with a worried look, "You're not going to put anything in there, are you?"
I smiled, and started boiling the water. "Hana?" he questioned as I was busy looking for something spicy. "What are you looking for?" I said nothing back to him and kept looking around, and finally eyed the chili powder. 

"Dongrim! Come here for a second." Inati yelled out, and Dongrim reluctantly left the kitchen. 
A grin spread across my face, as this was the time to add the chili powder to the ramen. Just as I was about to pour some in a hand grabbed mine, "What are you doing?" and I knew it was Daniel. 
Flustered, I dropped the chili powder into the ramen, and said nothing. He shook his head at me, "Hana, I know you and I know how you like your ramen." He paused and looked at me, "Spicy" was all he said and sighed. 
I felt my face grow red, "What are you talking about?" He rolled his eyes and pointed at the powder that was in the soup. I looked away from him and tried keeping an innocent face. 
"You know, if you said you wanted something spicy, we could've ordered something to fill everyone's need" He let out a long sigh, "I don't know why you listened to Intae hyung about cooking." 
I gave him a deer in the headlights look, and just then Dongrim came back. I went to swat Dongrim. "YAH! Dongrim, why are we cooking when we could've called for food?" I exclaimed. Dongrim hit himself with his hand, "I didn't think of that" and he looked at me with sorry eyes, "I'm sorry." I heard Daniel chuckling in the background and I glared at him. Turning back to Dongirm I said that it was okay, and if we should continue cooking or order something. He bit his lip and started thinking, "I don't have much money though" he said quietly. 
"We could all pitch in, I'm sure no one would mind so much." I suggested. He smiled, "That could work, but what about the ramen?" I slowly walked backwards, "About that..." I trailed off.
"She added a lot of chili powder" Daniel said nonchalantly. Dongrim had a horrified look, "Let's go order food, now" he added an emphasis on now. 

After deciding that, we went to shut the stove off and called everyone down to ask about dinner. Inati frowned, "What happened to the one you were cooking?" I cleared my throat, "There was a bit of an accident." 
He shook his head, "I won't ask any further." and after that we ordered bolgogi (marinated meat). We all ate quietly, but then David asked me a question. "Hana? Do you like anyone?" I suddenly felt two pairs of eyes watching me intently, waiting for an answer. I gulped my food, "I don't like anyone" I said while looking at my food. David pegged on though, "Really?" and I could tell he was smirking. 
I glared at him, "Yes really." Then I heard him mumble something, but continued to eat my food. 

After finishing, I just went upstairs with Dongrim to talk a bit. Sometimes I scrunched my nose, trying to understand something he said or trying to figure out how to respond, and he would just wait. It was nice though, I liked talking to him even if I had difficulties. Then when there was a silence, he got really serious. "You really don't like anyone?" he asked me, and looked me dead in the eyes. I nodded slowly, "No one." I excused myself after that, because I just wanted to leave and not get questioned about this.

As I was leaving Daniel caught me, and he wanted to talk. I got a little nervous, I just wanted to leave. But this was Daniel, he wouldn't ask me who I liked or anything like that. He took us outside to the steps, and we just talked a bit. It was casual talk but then we somehow got to the topic of relationships. 

"So, um, Hana?" He mumbled. 
I looked at him with questioning eyes, and he cleared his throat. "So, do you like Dongrim?' 
"Eh?" I exclaimed. "Why do you ask?" 
He turned away from me, "I just wanted to know" he said quietly. 
And in that moment, when giving him an answer, I knew who I liked. "I don't like him" I said while looking at the stars. But a tear trickled down my face, and I felt choked up. I quietly started to say "There's someone I do like, but" and didn't continue. The anger and the sadness finally hit me.

I grabbed his hand to make him look at me, "How could you have forgotten me?" I said with tears streaming down my face. I saw the hurt on his face, I saw the surprise, and I just stood up and left, leaving him there. I wiped the tears from my eyes, I wasn't sure what got into me, why I said that.

I knew who I liked, but I was still hurt. 
I went to sleep that day feeling horrible.