Passing Time

An ANGEL? Yea, right!

[Alwaysme3 Says] Longer Chapters = Happier Readers xD (I'm sorry for being lazy with updating <3)


 

    Chapter 28

 

Yoonhee soared up in the familiar, dark, blue sky. The stars sparkled brighter and brighter, she was much closer to home now. Although she wanted to stay by Zico’s side, she admitted she missed home. She missed the comfort many angels gave her, and the ease of running around. She felt free in heaven, she was content. Yoonhee smiled as she flew higher towards home. She was fine before she came down to Earth, she should be fine going back.

Yoonhee noticed herself growing weaker. She looked up towards the sky and realized she wasn’t moving any higher. She gasped when she looked down, her wings started to disappear and the ground of earth was getting closer. As gravity took over her destination, Yoonhee shut her eyes closed.

“It’s too late… It’s over.”

A flash of light forced her eyes back open, blinding her view. Yoonhee was in a panic as the light only got brighter and closer. Then, she lost conscious.

 

“Did you put the fluid into her?”

“Dae, I did.”

“Good, she should be waking up soon then.”

 

The voices that sounded through her ears slowly became more audible. Yoonhee finally made out what the two people were saying.  She blinked a couple of times before fully coming to her senses. Inadvertently,  her eyes roamed her surroundings. It was very familiar. Yoonhee gasped at the realization that she was back in Heaven!

Immediately, she sat up. Again, she glanced around the room. There was nothing but fog, then she touched below her. A smile crept up on her face, it was the familiar touch of clouds.

“I’m back,” she questioned herself, still unaware of the angel doctors behind her.

“Yes. You’re back in heaven , thankfully,” One of the doctors responded, startling Yoonhee.

She jumped at the voice but quickly spun around to confirm the voices, “Mr. Kang! It’s you! Mrs. Kim!” Yoonhee jumped out of her cloud and ran for the two doctors. She tackled them both in a hug. “Ahh! I’m so glad to be back! But…” her grip loosened, “How did I get here?”

“It was a close call Yoonhee. You should’ve been more careful and less careless,” Mrs. Kim her hair.

Yoonhee bit her bottom lip not regretting what she did, nevertheless she knew she was wrong, “I know.” Her head hung low as memories of Zico quickly replayed in her mind.

“Your wings have been recovering quite quickly. I’m a bit surprised, honestly.” Mr. Kang patted Yoonhee’s back, “still, be careful of what you’re doing alright? No running around.”

Yoonhee nodded in understanding, “Arasseo Mr. Kang. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” Yoonhee flashed them both a smile and turned towards the exit, still looking at them. “I can go now right?”

“Yoonhee! I’m so glad you’re awake!”

Yoonhee’s smile quickly vanished as the voice rang through her head. “Mrs. Woo,” she stiffly turned towards the door seeing Mrs. Woo’s worrisome face.

 

= = =

 

“Hey Zico,” Ukwon took a seat beside Zico who sat timidly on the sofa.

The crew was over for a simple movie night. Soyeon has been bragging about a scary film she heard of from her friends for weeks, begging them to watch with her. She was afraid to watch it alone since Eunjung was almost never home, because of Jangwoo. When Block B refused, she reminded them of the free nurse job she provided for them just to be a good friend.

“Nuna… is it really really scary?” Dongwoon, who invited himself and the rest of Beast, tucked himself into a blanket.

Soyeon nodded, slowly. A devilish smile  crept up at the ends of her lips.

“NUNA! Don’t smile like that!” Yoseob whined.

Soyeon bursted into laughter making her hit Jaehyo’s knee constantly.

“Yah, why are you hitting me?” Jaehyo scooted over towards PO who already had his eyes glued on the screen while watching the previews before the movie.

 

Zico stood up, almost motionless. Not talking to anyone in particular, Zico stated in a low voice, “I’m going for a smoke.”

“He smokes?” Junhyung questioned, watching Zico exit the house.

“Speaking of that, he hasn’t been smoking for the past weeks. “Kyung scratched the back of his head, trying to remember a specific date he last saw Zico smoking.

“You think he actually feel hard for Yoonhee?” Bbomb asked, concerned.

“Psh, who wouldn’t? She’s hot,”Jaehyo winked, receiving a smack in the head from Ukwon.

“Stop being stupid.”

Jaehyo his teeth while rubbing the ‘injured’ spot on his head. “I’m sorry Mr. Sensitive,” Jaehyo sarcastically apologized.

Junhyung sighed and got up from his seat also. “I’m gonna go join him,” he said, shoving his head towards Zico’s direction.

“But hyung, you don’t smoke.” Dongwoon responded.

Junhyung smiled and shoved his hands into his pockets. Ignoring the makne, he headed out the door.

After a few arkward seconds in silence, KiGwang touched the empty spot beside him. “Where’s Hyunseung?”

The rest looked around, asking the same question until, “YAH! Why are you looking out the window?” Yoseob jumped beside Hyunseung who pulled out his index finger to his lips, motioning the rest to stay quiet. Dujun raised an eyebrow.

Yoseob’s bottom lip fell and he hurried the rest to join them in eavesdropping.

Slowly… the rest ensued mischieviously quickly forgetting about the movie which continued playing.

 

= = =

 

“Don’t act this way. It’s not going to make things better.” Junhyung stared straight forward. “And I thought you was smoking?” He recomposed his position and leaned against the railing, facing the house.

“I don’t smoke anymore,” Zico replied, his voice monotone.

Junhyung’s eyes widened in surprise following with a small chuckle, “She changed you that much?”

Zico sighed, “I don’t know what she did,” his voice rose. “I just… I just don’t find anything important anymore.” Zico continued glaring at the same spot on the ground, making his mind blank.

Junhyung suddenly changed the atmosphere. “What about everyone in the house? Don’t you care about them?”

Zico snickered, “Of course I care about them! Where are you getting with this?” Zico was annoyed now. He didn’t like how Junhyung was questioning his care and love for his friends. They were a family and Zico didn’t think Junhyung had the authority to ask him such questions. Zico stood up straight, facing Junhyung now. His attention was completely on Junhyung, gripping the side railings of the front porch.

Junhyung calmly faced him, his hands still stuffed in his pockets. Junhyung wasn’t intimidated. He didn’t want a fight, he just wanted to set Zico straight, for himself and for the rest of Block B.

“You know they care about you too then right?”

Zico gritted his teeth, waiting for Junhyung to get to his point.

“They’ve been trying to talk to you. They don’t want you to act this way, so if you really care about them, why not consider them?”

“Why the hell are you telling me how to act like?!”

Junhyung sighed. Indeed, Zico was a hard one to talk to. Junhyung his bottom lip, trying to think of another way to try and persuade Zico. “You know what Yoonhee told me?” Without even waiting for an answer, Junhyung went on. “Even though you hurted her and made her cry, she said Block B was adorable and sweet.” Junhyung regretted saying that, he cringed a little as the words slipped out of his lips. Zico too responded uncomfortably, of course the feeling would’ve been different if Yoonhee was to say it instead.

“Point is!” Junhyung quickly shook away the feelings, recomposing his posture. “She likes you a lot. I’m not too good at talking about all this lovey dovey stuff.” Junhyung backed away and turned his attention to the street ahead, “I’m not too sure why she came but she said something about a promise with your mom. I guess you have changed so she decided she did her part and it was time to leave, but stop sulking about it. If it’s meant to be, she’ll come back... eventually.”

Junhyung took a glance at Zico, checking if his words went through Zico’s thick head. Zico’s grip loosened. He stared at the floor this time, realizing Junhyung really meant no harm.

Junhyung smirked, fist pounding in his head. “Learn from the past. Live in the present. Look forward to tomorrow.”

Zico creased his eyebrows and lifted his head, “Where’d you get that from?”

Junhyung smirked. “My mom use to tell me that. I think she read it in a book somewhere. Anyways, that’s the quote I live by now. I’m sharing it with you, no one else alright! It’s a very precious quote to me,” Junhyung joked.

 

The kids inside the house all looked at each other in  guilt, however they continued to listen.

 

Zico chuckled, “Thanks.”

“Now I don’t know about you, but it’s really cold out here. Im gonna go back inside.” Junhyung turned towards the suspicious window, “How’s the movie guys?”

 

Dongwoon’s eyes enlarged immediately, he pushed pass everyone and jumped back onto the couch. Soyeon also ran towards the television, quickly sitting down in front of it. Jaehyo slipped from Yoseob’s push and grabbed Dujun’s jeans, pulling it to the floor with him.

“YAH!!!”