Nightmare - Fearing the death of a loved one

[Thantophobia]- Nightmare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i.Thantophobia - fearing the death of a loved one

The sky a mixture of purple bruises and deep steel blue-greys hues that mirrored the muted skin of the man. Clouds heavy laden with tears.

He lay amongst the green grass and tall reeds. As his shallow breathes spill in the harsh breeze, eyes glanced with fear and pain. “Don’t do it, this is not you.” he choked through oozing crimson.

His face still bears congealed blood and sallow gashes, and then he tries to say my name, his cracked lips failing at the first syllable. It was a sadness in his eyes now, a heaviness, and an unyielding sorrow as they follow the glinting metal in my hands.

The mud pitted in rippled sheets underneath me from the heavy rain, as I near his barely breathing body.

“You don’t know me Mingyu, doesn’t matter anyway I’m going to finish what I started.” I scream through a strangled sob and red rimmed eyes.

My hands squeezed against the handle of the blade. I swing the blade as it hits bare skin and disappears deep into the flesh of lying body; the sweet- metallic tinge of blood floods my nostrils.

He wakes up with tears and lungs screaming. The nightmare, it felt so vivid and real, he couldn’t believe he just killed him.

He pushe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter