Part II

Please, don't cry Rosie.

A/N: No one asked for this but I decided to make this a three part thingy. I also want to thank you all for subscribing and reading my story !! You guys are AWESOME ! :) 

 

-----------

‘I’m bored…’

‘Want me to come over ?’

‘Uh, yeah sure. But what about that party in Hongdae you have to go with Lisa and Jisoo ?’

‘That’s not important, I prefer to spend the night with you. Just text me your address and I’ll be there soon.’

‘Ok. See you soon.’

Rosie hung up and within seconds I hear my phone beeping, indicating that I got a new text message. It made me smile the cute emojis she sent along with her address, aish this girl… She made me fall head over heels for her from the moment we first met.

Well, hello. My name is Jennie Kim, I’m eighteen years old and I’ve been Rosie’s girlfriend for about a week now. I know it’s not a long period of time but I can say that she’s everything I ever dreamed of. Her innocent way of being, her quietness, her awkwardness, her clumsiness; I take everything as a flaw. I love the way she becomes shy when I hold her hand and how she’s like a lost puppy in the crowd when I’m not with her. She’s nothing like the girls I’ve dated in the past and that’s what I love about her, she’s different.  We are so different from each other yet we get along so perfectly. She’s that type of girl who likes everything to be quiet, she likes reading and playing the guitar by herself, she likes walks in the park and small coffee shops; nothing fancy. She enjoys all these little things in life that most of us forgot about, probably because we grew up with our minds set that to succeed in life you need to put yourself out and meet all sort of people. So long story short, she’s an introvert.

Though I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum, I found pieces of me in her that I never thought I’ll see again. I used to be a nerdy, shy and quiet girl in middle school almost like her, except the fact that I was an ugly duckling back then. My only friend was Lisa, who I’ve known since the day I was born only because our parents are good friends and because we are neighbors. Everything got better for me after entering high school, I had that glow up as you may call it; I switched my glasses with contact lenses, my acne cleared up during summer break and the few pounds I gained went in all the right places. I can’t say that about Lisa, she was gorgeous since the day she was born. She was always tall and pretty and no matter what she did, she was praised by her parents and by the teachers. She grew up being treated by everyone like a princess but that didn’t make her into a spoiled brat as you may think. She’s the most down to earth person I know and if you think I’m the troublemaker, you’re wrong. Lisa is a troublemaker only when she’s with me or with other friends; when she’s with her parents she always acts like an angel. She doesn’t want to disappoint her parents, especially her father, so they don’t know all the “bad” things she have done.

 She brought me to my first ever party back when we were fifteen. To this day I still don’t know from where she got the invitations and how wasn’t she scared to go to an unknown person’s house, where most of the people were teenagers older than us and people in their early twenties. There we met Jisoo, a classmate of ours from high school that we didn’t really pay attention to because we only talked to each other the first few weeks in our new school. I remember her looking in disgust at all the people drinking at that party and got us out of there at around 11pm when she saw that Lisa was getting way too tipsy. Since that night the three of us are inseparable. We went partying and clubbing together almost every weekend only because Lisa forced us to; Jisoo and I broke out of our shells and eventually we began loving this kind of lifestyle.

 

‘I’m outside.’

‘Oh, already ? I don’t think I locked the front door so just enter. I’m not done drying my hair but I’ll be soon. Make yourself comfortable while waiting for me. ’

‘Okay.’ I said before hanging up the phone. Rosie doesn’t live so far from my house; we live in the same neighborhood in fact which is quite convenient. After entering the house and leaving my boots and my jacket by the door, I went to the living room where I guess she wanted me to be. I saw photos of her late mother scattered around the room on book shelves and on the window panes, along with some childhood photos of her and some with all three of them. They seemed to be close and such a happy family, it’s a shame things turned out poorly for them.

“Hey.”

“Hello beautiful.” I turned around after hearing her voice; she was standing there by the stairs dressed in a white oversized shirt and black shorts. I approached her and gave her a hug but she broke it soon after only to give me a kiss on the cheek.

“Go to my bedroom, second door on the right. I’m going to make some hot chocolate for us. Do you want something to eat ?”

“No, I’m good.” I went upstairs just like she told me; entering her bedroom I saw nothing but a girly room, as I expected. Pastel pink walls, light gray furniture and some long and thick gray drapes hanging on the windows. Everything is neat and well organized, the books stacked on the floor instead of the being put on the shelves give the room the tiny bit of messiness that every room needs to have. I sat down on the chair that is in front of her desk only because a photo caught my attention. It’s a picture of her on the beach, holding a seashell in each of her hands and smiling sweetly at the camera. She has long and black hair here and she’s wearing a white dress. The scenery behind her does nothing but adds up more to her beauty; the turquoise ocean, the blue sky and the beige sand combines perfectly with her dark colored hair and pale skin. Ah, this reminds me the last time I was at the beach a few years ago.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Tell me again why did you dragged me here ?”

“I told you, I want to drink on the beach” Lisa made me come all the way to Busan so she could just drink. I don’t understand this girls, I suggested her that we should go to Incheon because it’s closer to Seoul but she still insisted to go to all the way to the other side of the country. I’ve never been to Busan but I’m not excited to be here anyways because she doesn’t want to visit the city, she only wants to get drunk apparently.

“I’m sad, Jennie.” She said as she handed me a bottle of soju. We are sitting on the sand and it’s already dark, good thing that I brought a few lanterns from home with me; she’s way too lost in her thoughts to think about things like this.

“Why?”

“I think I’m going to break up with Daniel. I just can’t handle him and his selfish self anymore.”

“What did he do ?”

“He kept pushing me to sleep with him. And I told him so many times that I’m not ready for that so we always fight about it. I like him so much though...”

“For goodness sake, Lisa. Just forget about him. We are only sixteen, we still have plenty of time for stuff like that.”

“Says the player who changes girlfriends every week.”

“Player, me ? First of all, I never had a girlfriend, I’m just going on dates with them. Second of all, I ‘change’ them so frequently because I can’t seem to find a match for me so I can’t make any of them my girlfriend and third of all, I never slept with any of them nor kissed them.” Yeah that’s true. Even though I’m known by the whole school to be player, I never really got that far with a girl to actually kiss them or sleep with them. Plus, that’s not what I intended to do in the first place. Like I said before, I was just trying to find myself a good match since Lisa and Jisoo were most of the time busy with their own boyfriends and I felt somehow left out; but it seems that my desperate and lonely self got nothing but a bad reputation. I don’t want to ask a girl I have no interest in to be my girlfriend. That’s why I go on so many dates with different girls, maybe I’ll find someone I actually like.

Lisa didn’t say anything but looked away, taking a sip from the now half empty bottle.

“You told me you’re bi but I never really saw you interested in any girl whatsoever.”

“Girls are y and complicated. And I want none of their drama.” I don’t know why I did the thing I’m about to do, but I blame everything on the alcohol in my system. I grabbed Lisa’s chin and gently pressed my lips on hers. I can taste the stingy taste of the drink burning my lips as she was tugging on them with her own, with such eagerness that it made e think she wanted this to happen for a long time.  

“Why?” she asked me as we parted away and looked at each other, both confused and scared about what it’s going to happen after this.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what got into me.”

“It’s okay.  I think I needed this, to be honest. Thanks.”

“ So… Did I make you change your mind about girls or I wasted my first kiss for nothing ?” I asked after a few moments of silence.

“Maybe.”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

“You can keep that photo if you want.”

“Eh?”

“You’ve been staring at it for more than ten minutes.”

“Oh, sorry for spacing out.” I let out an awkward laugh as I was standing up from the chair and heading to her bed where she was sitting. She made me sit down beside her before throwing her arms around me, kissing me like she never did before. I responded to her kiss by laying both of us down on her bed, with me on top of her. I stopped with whatever I was doing after remembering something Jisoo wanted me to ask Rosie.

“The girls and I are going to a sky resort for Christmas. Will you join us ? We have been going there for the past three years but this time I want to spend Christmas with you, just the two of us.”

“What about Lisa and Jisoo then ?”

“We’ll let them do whatever they want and we will mind our own business.”

“Sounds like a good plan.”