Sacrifice

{PROJECT} Winkun One-Shot Series (REQUESTS OPEN! Please read the requests section for details!)

Sacrifice

 

Plot: Kun is chosen as the next ‘sacrifice’ to the Dragon Emperor, WinWin.

 

Genre(s): royal!au, fluff, romance, slight angst.

 

Author’s note: Sorry this took a bit long to finish! Sadly, this isn't entirely proofreaded.

I'm mixed Chinese, but I wasn't born in China so I only know a little bit of Chinese and China's brief history. Everything that happens in this one-shot is entirely fiction!

Also, thanks to my first seven subscribers! You guys are the best! 

 

Disclaimer(s): Picture and characters belong to rightful owner.

 

♏♑♏♑

 

Kun knew he should be happy that he’s going out with his parents. However, he can only throw fake smiles at everyone and act like he’s part of a very, very happy family. Oh, how Kun wishes to not be part of this family. He loves his parents, but they’re just too much. They care too much about their image, since both come from very rich and noble families. Not that Kun has anything against money. He just hates how much it changed his parents.

 

When he was a child, he remembers that they were the best parents ever. Both always gave him so much love, and protected him all the time. Kun admits that his family was a very, very happy family during his childhood days. As he grew up, his parents begin to change. It all started when many other rich and noble families want to betroth Kun with anyone of their children. The number one thing that Kun hates the most is being forced to do something he doesn’t want to do. Since he was in teen years, he asked Doyoung to help him. Needless to say, the plan never fail to work year after year.

 

Since then, his parents grew to hate him. They constantly would get insult him for no reason, even blaming him for everything despite his innocence. Kun still remembers every insult they threw at him since day one. Even though he manage to control his tears, the insults stabs deeper into his heart year after year. However, Kun always remain silent whenever his parents insult him. He knew why they did it, but he would never stoop down so low and let others step on his pride.

 

Fortunately, his parents never insulted him much lately. They knew from years of experience that they could never force Kun to marry another stranger from highly noble families, so they just ignore him as if he doesn’t exist. This is the first time Kun’s out in the public with his parents, but it’s not like he had a choice. Everyone has to attend the Dragon Ceremony, which only occurs whenever there is a new Dragon Emperor on the Dragon Throne.

 

The Dragon Kingdom is known for being the most powerful kingdom in China. There’s a myth that the kingdom is powerful until this day, because everyone worships the Dragon God, who blesses every Dragon Emperor with the powers to lead the powerful kingdom. The point of this ceremony is that the Dragon Emperor gets to select whoever he wants from the bridal selection group as his future queen.

 

Even though everyone’s attendance is mandatory, the ones who’ll be in the bridal selection group must have an of five years no matter if they’re older or younger than the Dragon Emperor. Although the Dragon Emperor may select a male or a female, it’s considered good luck that the sacrifices are male. Based on the myths that the Dragon God is more fond of males than females, but Kun didn’t care about that. He just hates the fact that the new Dragon Emperor is a year younger than him, which means that he’s part of the bridal sacrificial selection group. Not only that, he also hates that this tradition, which started centuries ago, still goes on even in modern China today.

 

That’s why his parents made sure he’s well-groomed, though they were nice enough to let him choose what he wanted to wear and his hairstyle. His parents weren’t fond that Kun left his hair untouched, but they made sure not to release their temper on Kun. After all, the Dragon Ceremonies rarely occurs, so it’s a once in a lifetime chance that Kun may end up becoming the Dragon Emperor’s future queen. Oh, what an honor it’ll be to be the parents of the Dragon Emperor’s queen!

 

“Mom, dad?” Kun asks softly, making his parents look at him with sweet smiles that nearly makes him puke, because he knew the reason behind it. “May I go hang out with Doyoung?”

 

Upon hearing Doyoung’s name, his parents immediately frown. Both knowing so well that Doyoung was the one that encouraged Kun to rebel against them.

 

“We won’t run away or anything. Just want to hang out before the ceremony starts.” Kun could see that his parents are mentally debating, so he sighs. “I promise.”

 

His parents’ faces brightens as their ears perked up at his promise. They know that Kun is a very honest person, who never breaks his promise no matter what so they just nod happily without any hesitation.

 

“Alright. Be back in time for the ceremony, okay?” His mother says fondly as she pecks Kun’s cheek, a habit she used to do before he started rebelling against them.

 

“Okay.” Kun manages to give her a fake smile before leaving his parents to find Doyoung in the crowd.

 

♏♑♏♑

 

Kun lost count of how many times he has to excuse himself and/or apologize to those he ran into. He also noticed that there are many ‘sacrifices’, because of the red wristbands on their right wrists. Every ‘sacrifices’ must wear that to be recognized by the Dragon Emperor. Kun’s also wearing one, but it’s hidden underneath the sleeve of his blue jean jacket. He sighs when he saw no sight of Doyoung anywhere, so he just decides to look around. It’s better than standing beside his parents.

 

Kun pulls out his pink handkerchief that his mom had knitted for him after she gave birth to him. She chose the color pink, because she thought Kun was a girl thanks to his feminine features. But it’s not like it mattered, because Kun’s favorite color is pink and this was the first and only gift from his mom. Kun smiles as he reads his name that was handwoven by his mom in a darker shade of pink on the bottom right corner. His mom wanted to add flowers, but gave up once she realizes that Kun’s a male.

 

Kun looks to his left as a group of children runs past him with a bunch of tanghulu. He didn’t expect to hear an elderly man calling those kids “thieves”. Kun watches in pure shock as he witnesses those kids sticking their tongue out at the man before running away in separate directions. The man rages with anger as he shoves everyone in his way, Kun unfortunately included, to chase the kids while screaming for anyone to help catch those little thieves.

 

“Oof-” Kun’s groan becomes muffled as his face collides into something hard; the impact wasn’t painful thanks to his arms that he brought up on instinct to shield his body. It took him a while to finally realize that he was pushed toward a boy, who happened to be standing near him and caught Kun on instinct to break his fall. As Kun couldn’t believe he manage to fall right into the boy’s chest, he fail to notice the boy’s arms are wrapped around his waist gaining them some looks as they both look like a couple hugging on the public streets.

 

“If you wanted a hug, you could’ve just asked,” The boy says, his deep voice surprising Kun a bit. “Instead of falling dramatically into my arms like a little princess.”

 

Kun pulls away to glare at the taller boy, but fails again to realize the other’s arms still around his waist. He blushes when he realizes the closeness of their faces. It didn’t help that the taller boy is very handsome with his flawless baby face, and blond hair. The boy briefly scans Kun from head to toe then smirks when they make eye-contact again.

 

“I know I’m hot and all, but you don’t need to stare at me like that, little princess.”

 

Kun immediately snaps out of his trance to glare at the taller boy, and shoves him away. However, he isn’t successful making the taller boy pull Kun closer to him. It’s at this moment when Kun finally realizes that the taller boy is still hugging him, but it’s already too late to even get out of the taller boy’s strong grip.

 

“Let me go, jerk!” Kun exclaims loud enough for both of them to hear, but not the public.

 

“You actually do talk, little princess.” The taller boy says in amusement.

 

“Quit calling me that! I’m not a girl!” Kun glares as he pushes the taller boy away, but the other didn’t budge much to the shorter’s dismay.

 

“You didn’t complain the first time, and you do look like a girl.”

 

Kun could only grit his teeth in irritation. He really wants to make a sassy remark, but the sound of the gong that signals the start of the ceremony makes him shut his mouth.

 

“Whatever. I got to go.”

 

Kun’s honestly surprised that the taller boy actually releases him. He just notices that the other is wearing all black, but he turns around to walk towards the ceremony entrance only to come to an abrupt stop when he hears the taller boy’s question.

 

“You even carry a pink handkerchief, little princess?”

 

Kun’s hands instinctively search his pockets only to realize that his handkerchief is nowhere to be found. He turns around to glare at the taller boy, who’s waving his handkerchief while smirking.

 

“Your name’s Qian Kun, right?” The boy asks, reading Kun’s name on his handkerchief.

 

“Give it back!” Kun tries to grab it, but the taller boy lifts it up above them making it hard for the shorter to reach it.

 

“Nope.” The taller boy smirks as he watches Kun trying to reach for the handkerchief in amusement. However, he freezes the moment he sees Kun’s red wristband. He continues to stare at it, not caring that Kun manage to snatch the handkerchief out of his hand due to him unconsciously lowering his arm. Kun puts his handkerchief away and looks up at the taller boy, who looks dazed making him give the taller a weird look.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re part of the bridal selection group?”

 

Kun cringes at the question. He really hates the words ‘bridal selection’. Unknown to him, the taller boy is studying his facial expression carefully.

 

“Yeah,” Kun nods before looking up at the taller boy.“Why?”

 

“Just curious. Anyway, my name’s WinWin.” The taller boy smirks again and holds out his hand for a handshake.

 

“Why are you telling me?” Kun gives him a wary look, ignoring WinWin’s hand. “It’s not like we’ll meet again.”

 

“I’m sure we will.” WinWin chuckles as he puts his hands in his pockets.

 

“I highly doubt it.” Kun mutters.

 

“Wanna bet?” WinWin snickers.

 

“Bet?” Kun frowns.

 

“If we meet each other again, I win. If we don’t, then you win. Losers will have to do whatever the winner wants.”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense!” Kun’s frown deepens.

 

“It’s a deal then. See you later, little princess.” WinWin smirks as he walks past Kun, and enters the ceremony entrance.

 

“What?! I didn’t agree to any of this!” Kun gapes, but WinWin ignores him.

 

“I seriously hope that I don’t see him again.” Kun huffs then immediately runs into the entrance when he realizes that the streets are empty. “I’m so late!”

 

♏♑♏♑

 

“Sorry for being late.” Kun sincerely apologizes to his parents, who are disappointed by his tardiness.

 

“Kun, remember what you promised?” His father asks warily, already suspecting that he may have plans to rebel again.

 

“I ran into some jerk, and never saw Doyoung.” Kun explains briefly, because he knows that his parents never like to listen to details unless if they’re interested.

 

His parents exchange a look then nods, finally believing him. Though, Kun knew it was because they’re more interested in the ceremony. Kun sighs under his breath, and averts his attention to the stage just as the Dragon Dance performance comes to an end. Everyone applauds as Heechul, the main host of the Dragon royal family, finally steps onto the stage.

 

“Wow, it’s been a while isn’t it, everyone?” Heechul asks brightly and immediately gain a response of “yes” in unison.

 

“Being the only son of the former Dragon Emperor, former Dragon Prince Dong Sicheng is now our new Dragon Emperor only at the age of nineteen! Let’s hear it for our new Dragon Emperor, Dong Sicheng!”

 

Many people cheer loudly and applauds as Sicheng steps on the stage. He keeps a straight face as he bows. Kun’s eyes widens in pure shock as his jaw drops the moment he recognizes that handsome jerk with blond hair. He nearly gasped, but quickly recovers when he sees his parents giving him sly smiles.

 

“Isn’t Dragon Emperor Sicheng handsome, Kun?” His mom teases.

 

Kun just clears his throat awkwardly as he could hear many whispers about the handsome Dragon Emperor. Fortunately, Kun didn’t need to reply as Heechul begin speaking again.

 

“Dragon Emperor Sicheng, you’ve grown more handsome each year!”

 

“Thanks, Host Heechul. But please call me WinWin from now on.”

 

Many people squeal upon hearing WinWin’s deep voice making Kun nearly go deaf. Thankfully, Heechul saved his precious ears.

 

“Alright, Dragon Emperor WinWin. You know what time it is, right?” Heechul pauses to see WinWin nodding while smirking, making the host become curious. “Judging by that smile, do you have someone in mind, Dragon Emperor WinWin?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Many people coos, especially Heechul, who looks so amused.

 

“Wow, it’s been a while to hear a Dragon Emperor already having a future queen in mind.” Heechul chuckles. “May we know who the lucky person is?”

 

WinWin’s eyes scan the audience, to which most were either trying to flirt or act well-mannered, but he didn’t care about them. He’s only looking for a certain little princess. WinWin successfully spot Kun, who freezes the moment they make eye-contact. The visible blush on Kun’s beautiful pale cheeks makes WinWin smirk in triumphant. It doesn’t take a genius to know that Kun recognized him, and he’s more than happy about that. The longer they stare at each other, the more WinWin is sure of his decision. He doesn’t even hesitate to announce who he wants as his future queen.

 

“Qian Kun.”

 

Kun’s cheeks becomes warmer when he feels everyone’s eyes on him. It didn’t even help that his parents are cheering happily and proudly announcing that Kun is their son as if he just won the best academic award in the world. Everyone applauds, but Kun could feel the jealous glares on him and could hear mean gossips about him. Nonetheless, he follows his parents to the stage, where he’s announced as WinWin’s ‘fiancee’ before the Dragon Ceremony comes to an end.

 

♏♑♏♑

 

“Told you we’ll meet again, little princess.” WinWin smirks after everyone left them alone in WinWin’s room.

 

“Why did you choose me out of all people?” Kun glares.

 

“You forgot our bet already?” WinWin chuckles softly as Kun nearly scoffs.

 

“I didn’t even agree to it.”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I’m the one who rules this kingdom.” 

 

“You really know how to abuse your power.” Kun rolls his eyes.

 

“Thanks for the compliment, little princess.” WinWin smirks as Kun glares at him. “Anyways, you lost the bet so you have do whatever I want.”

 

“And that would be?” Kun sighs, already knowing that he’d never win against the younger’s stubbornness.

 

“You’re more oblivious than I thought.” WinWin snickers.

 

“What do you mean?” Kun frowns as WinWin leans in closer. He begins to feel uncomfortable, because of the younger’s sly smirk.

 

“I don’t want you to be my little princess anymore.”

 

Kun’s frown deepens out of confusion, but the closeness of WinWin’s face never fail to make his cheeks more warmer than normal.

 

“I want you to be my little queen forever.”

 

Kun gapes as his face becomes as red as a tomato. It didn’t even help that WinWin is grinning. Kun turns his head to glare at WinWin, but the younger takes advantage of the situation to peck Kun’s lips. It took a while for Kun to realize what WinWin just did, his wide eyes narrowing down into a glare.

 

“That was my first kiss, bastard.”

 

“You dare call the Dragon Emperor a bastard.” WinWin feigns a shocked gasp before he smirks. “You better watch out, little queen.”

 

“I’m not scared of you.” Kun scoffs.

 

“You’re not afraid of what punishment I have in mind?” WinWin asks in amusement.

 

“What can you do besides bossing me around like a slave and abusing your powers?” Kun glares at WinWin, who’s laughing. “What’s so funny?”

 

“You’re more innocent than I thought. I’m surprised you’re a year older.”

 

“Get to the point.”

 

“It’s true that I could do those things, but it’s not what I have in mind.”

 

“Then what-?” Kun was cut off as the younger pushes him on the bed behind him. Before Kun could react and sit up, WinWin immediately climbs on top of him and pins him down on the bed.

 

“What are you doing?” Kun asks timidly, making WinWin smirk and lean down towards Kun. Their faces only an inch apart, and Kun blushes at the way WinWin’s salacious gaze roams his clothed body.

 

“No need to be so tense. I just want to show you what I do with rebellious people on my bed. Sounds fun right, little rebellious queen?” WinWin chuckles darkly.

 

Kun gulps, finally understanding the situation he’s in. This definitely doesn’t sound fun at all.


♏♑ THE END ♏♑