Sixth - New

First Time

Part 6

It has been a long while since Joon Hyung has felt so helpless. Bok Joo’s eyes are b with tears and her face is red and puffy. He’s never seen her in so much pain; he can feel the panic coming on and his knees start to buckle.

“Don’t.” She tells him and grabs his hand in hers. It helps a little but he’s still feeling faint and plops down onto the chair a helpful nurse pushes against the back of his knees.

Bok Joo squirms again and takes deep breaths to try and combat the pain; there are white dots dancing in front of Joon Hyung’s eyes and it certainly does not help that his wife is squeezing his hand in a death grip. He must have made some sort of sound because the doctor looks up from between Bok Joo’s legs and says something he can’t make out. The room starts to fade to be replaced by darkness and it’s only Bok Joo’s hands cradling his face that stops him from passing out. “Take deep breaths Joon Hyung-ah.” She tells him. He focuses on her voice and her beautiful eyes and soon the room starts to come back into focus. Bok Joo‘s thumbs are his cheeks so very gently and it feels wonderful but the serenity is soon shattered when she whimpers again and her eyes glaze over from the pain. After a moment she manages to relax and grabs his hand again.

“You know,” she says, her tone teasing yet he knows she’s perfectly serious. “I’m not letting go of your hand no matter what and I’d rather you help me out here than be passed out on the floor.”

Someone giggles and he blushes and reaches for a damp towel and starts wiping the sweat off of Bok Joo’s chest. She sighs content and the doctor reappears from down there to tell them it’s time.

Two and a half hours later Joon Hyung’s hand is red and throbbing but there’s a silly grin on his face and he can’t stop looking at the tiny bundle in Bok Joo’s arms. The doctor and nurses have finally left and their daughter is healthy and has quieted down after an impressive showing that tells them she’s inherited her mother’s lungs. His wife has the same grin on her face and he pulls a chair to the side of the bed and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you.” She tells him after meeting his eyes. “For her. For everything.”

“You did all the hard work.” He counters, then adds cheekily. “My contribution was very enjoyable.”

“Yah! Can’t you be serious for even a second?” She scolds him, but he knows she doesn’t mind and when their daughter stir they both focus on her again. “She looks like you.” Bok Joo says, tracing the line of the baby’s nose.

“Yeah, she does doesn’t she?” Joon Hyung proudly concurs. “But she’s cute like her mom. And she’s got your eyes and your cheeks too.” He lets his finger run down from the baby’s puffy cheek and into her teeny, tiny hand and that’s when it happens; five small fingers grabs his own and in that moment his heart swell and he knows he would do anything to keep his daughter safe and happy.

“I think she likes you.” Bok Joo comments and Joon Hyung tears his eyes away from the baby to smile at her.

“Like mother, like daughter.” He says with a grin and she laughs.

“True… We both love you very much.”

For the millionth time he realizes that Bok Joo’s eyes really are very beautiful and before he can stop himself he leans over and kiss her on the lips over and over until she’s giggling. It’s not until they hear someone clearing their throat and they look up to see their families in the doorway – Bok Joo’s father front and center looking like he’s trying to suppress a smile – that he is able to stop.

 

 

 

 

------------------

I feel like I've written a lot about "adult" BokJoonHyung so I will try and make the next one closer to the wfkbj timeline. If anyone has any requests you're welcome to send them to me or write them in the comment; I won't promise anything but it never hurts to get fresh ideas.

Also: Does anyone want M-rated chapters? Again I won't promise anything but if you'd like it and I feel inspired I will consider it.

Thank you for your support!