Third - Name

First Time

Hi and thank you for all the encouraging comments. I hope you will enjoy this part. It takes place in an unspecified but not so distant future. J

 

Part 3

It’s raining when Joon Hyung is finally able to leave the Taereung swimming hall. A gust of wind rustles his bangs and then he sees her; Bok Joo standing in the middle of the sidewalk, her face turned to the sky and her clothes soaked.

“Yah Kim Bok Joo.” He yells and jogs towards her. It takes her a few seconds but then she turns towards him and a smile lights up her face. He almost forgets about his annoyance right there and then but he cares too much about her not to chide her.

“You shouldn’t be standing out in the rain like this, you’ll get a cold.”

Bok Joo lifts her hand to smooth out the line forming between his furrowed brows. “Let’s run then.” She says and grabs his hand. Water splash around their feet, Bok Joo’s hand is warm in his, and Joon Hyung can’t help but wonder how she is able to make him run even after all these years.

They reach the bus stop and he pulls her close, letting one hand rest on the small of her back while the other play with her long hair. Amused he pulls a few crimson leaves out of the wet strands and she smiles against his chest.

“Sorry I made you wait.”

“It’s okay.” She responds before grumbling for him not to let it happen again. She’s not very upset though and snuggles closer. “Did training not go well?”

“It did, the boys are just a bit nervous about the competition. I had a talk with them.”

“They’ll do well, you’re their coach after all.”

He smiles at that and leans down for a kiss.

-

The bus ride takes longer than normal because of the rain and Bok Joo soon falls asleep on Joon Hyung’s shoulder. He childishly draws a heart on her hand and then one on the fogged up window.

As the driver pulls up at their stop she wakes with a yawn and they get off. There’s a rustle as the other passengers open their umbrellas and hurry on their way. The rain has slowed to a drizzle so they forget about running and instead walk leisurely towards their apartment building, enjoying that for once the streets aren’t filled with people. Bok Joo holds his hand in both of hers the way she likes and they’re so close the moisture from her drenched coat is staining his.

“I like the smell of the ground on rainy days.” She says out of the blue but Joon Hyung understands and simply squeeze her hand while storing away the information in his ever growing encyclopaedia of things Kim Bok Joo.

“So… how was your day?” Joon Hyung finally asks when they reach the park across from their building.

“Good. I think we can expect a few golds at the nationals.” She smiles cheekily. “Do you want to make a bet who will win more medals, the swim team or the weightlifting team?”

“Call.” He exclaims. “So how much will it be Coach? Hundred thousand won? One million?”

“Oh I had something else in mind.” Bok Joo gets that look in her eyes that tells Joon Hyung she’s up to something and he groans.

“You’re not going to make me sing again are you? Because after our wedding you-“

“I promise~.” Bok Joo interrupts cutely and Joon Hyung sighs with relief.

“Okay, then what do you want to bet on?”

“Picking the name.”

He’s confused now. “What name?”

Bok Joo’s face flush at that and she stops right in the middle of the path. For a moment she’s silent and all he can hear is the rain and the rustle of trees. Then she guides his hand to her stomach and rests both of hers on top. “Joon Hyung-ah.” Her voice is soft, and her face is glowing and his jaw drop.

He raises his free hand but stops his movements before it can add to the pile. His voice full of wonderment when he asks the question. “Are we having a baby?”

Her smile widen at that and he can’t help but grin too. He nearly crushes her in a big hug and swings her around. They both laugh and cry and then she tells him the words for the first time. “You’re going to be a father Joon Hyung-ah.”

 

 

 

.