Into the Void

Immortals: Everything They Sacrificed

VIXX- Into the Void

 

“Well, well, well. Look who passed my humble home. If it isn’t Lee Joon, King of Thieves..”

Liu Wei was a former general during the Quing Dynasty and even if he ended up getting sent to jail for treason, he still had a very strong dislike for theft and thieves in general.

“Last time I have seen you, you were still a disappointment. Your name is still erased from history, isn’t it?” Joon combated in the same tone as Liu Wei, annoying the Chinese man further.

“Luckily, I’m here for serious business. I need to meet your master.”

Joon was careful to underline the word that he knew would make Liu Wei react. His name has been completely wiped from the registers and he was the only one to remember what he has done while alive. Joon wondered before if that wasn’t Yerin’s idea from the beginning rather than saving him for the sake of life.

Liu Wei didn’t seem to take it as an offense though, or maybe he just didn’t show it, but he grabbed his phone and called Yerin immediately.


Lee Joon was the orphan that saw more gore than anyone in his time. He was sent to fight for the lords but after five years of killing innocent people, he decided it was a waste of effort. Unlike Liu Wei who loved wealth and enjoyed being recognized as a military man, Joon couldn’t care less. Even now, in the 21st Century, the two former fighters were as different as possible.

“Here sir,” Seojoon came by Joon’s table and placed a glass of red wine with a subtle hint of blood in it.

Unlike humans, vampires would taste the wine and drink it slowly, letting their taste buds enjoy the sweetness of blood. Joon was no different but unlike humans, he actually kept the boy there with only his intense gaze. Seojoon couldn’t help but admire such a person who would stand up for himself and other that he believed in. Joon and Yerin were very similar in that sense.

“You should choose carefully what hands you kiss and what hands you spit on. That dimpled man has kept his human characteristic even in death.” Joon advised Seojoon, who in return nodded meekly.

“Says the man who changed him and then tossed him out like an overused toy,” Interfered Liu Wei, placing a firm hand on Seojoon’s shoulder, making the younger vampire leave swiftly, “He was your responsibility and you avoided it. Of course, it was easy to leave him out to die than give him a chance.”

“I saved his life which proved to be a mistake later on. Minwoo is not fit to be a vampire.” Joon stated, looking straight into Liu Wei’s eyes.

“Am I interrupting?” Yerin asked, having no intent to have the two fight because they were too proud, “I rushed here because I also have something to discuss with you, Joon. Let’s just take care of it and you can torture each other later.”

Her tone was definite and no vampire would go against it, at least not an old vampire. Joon was wise and he knew he needed Yerin alive and well in order to also live well.

Yerin sat across Joon and threw a quick glance to Seojoon and Liu Wei, subtly telling them to leave. They complied silently, walking to the bar.

“It’s about the new vampire, am I right?” she asked, turning towards the former thief.

“They’ve been popping here and there for a few years now but they weren’t a threat. I found a nest a few days ago with more than ten fresh vampires, barely changed. I killed them before they could transform but I’m sure it’s not the only nest in Seoul.” Joon explained, his eyes narrowing at the memory.

“They want to create an army. They believe I can only be ambushed if they want to kill me fast. But who’s they?”

“I have heard that European vampires have turned their back to the Leader and found themselves someone new. This rumor has been going around for months.” Joon informed the Leader.

“But not to me. I haven’t heard about this new movement.”

Joon glanced at the bar before he leaned towards Yerin, “Are you sure it’s not one of them? They want to protect you but if they’ll stay by your side, they’ll die.”

“These vampires are mine. I know what I have created.” She stated, offended by the thief.

“Park Seojoon cannot go against his master and that’s Minwoo, not you. They’re not your vampires.”

Joon wanted Yerin to realize that the biggest blow could come right from behind her, from someone she protected even if it wasn’t hers to protect.

That was how the conversation ended and Joon left. By the time Ji Soo came around, the bar filled up nicely and Seojoon was working at full capacity.

“Should I help? I have to work this weekend anyway.” He asked Liu Wei who only nodded, “Are you alright?” Ji Soo asked leaning towards the handsome Chinese man. He looked paler than usually and very, very worried.

“Go work before I change my mind. You can ask Seojoon to give you whatever you need.” Liu Wei ordered before he left out the front door.

Once Ji Soo found Seojoon, the human pulled the vampire aside for questioning. Instead, Seojoon walked towards the storage room, knowing there was no way they could speak out there.

“There’s a problem but we’re taking care of it.” Seojoon answered before being asked, also giving Ji Soo his bartender uniform, “You can go around, fill their glasses or do whatever they ask. I’ll stay at the bar in case I need to prepare more difficult drinks.”

“Liu Wei left the bar. I’ve never seen him to tense before.” Ji Soo continued.

“You’ve only met us a few weeks ago. You don’t know any of us, Ji Soo.”

“So? Dongwook trusts that woman and I trust my work mate.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t. Your work mate and my boss have known each other for longer than your and my lives put together.” Seojoon advised the human before he walked out, letting the human change in silence.


Ji Soo had a lot of questions after that short chat but he couldn’t find the chance to question Seojoon further. Moreover, it seemed the bar was filling up quicker than before with people he had never seen around Incheon before. A lot of foreigner came as well, especially European tourists who seemed to like red wine a lot.

“Maybe I should take this.” Seojoon interfered, placing a hand on Ji Soo’s back.

“It’s fine. I can speak some English.”

“That’s not the issue here. They seem to have taken a liking to you.” Seojoon tried to subtly make Ji Soo give up by pressing strongly on his back yet the human didn’t even flinch.

“Let him go. I’ll take responsibility.” Jiwon pitched in, genuinely appearing behind them out of nowhere.

Seojoon’s grip lightened but Ji Soo didn’t leave just yet.

“You’re all acting really suspicious today.” The human mumbled, leaning against the bar as Seojoon walked behind it, “Especially you, Seojoon. You look on edge.”

Jiwon scoffed and took one step closer to the human, her black eyes staring into Ji Soo’s soul.

“Do you want to look on edge too? I can arrange that.” She said with a serious expression.

Ji Soo chuckled, “I’d like to see you try. Now, excuse me,” He said before he grabbed a tray full of scotch and rum to a table of mix races.

As soon as the human was out of hearing range, Jiwon turned to Seojoon with a poker face.

“Where’s Minwoo?”

“I don’t know. That’s what worries me the most.” Seojoon mumbled, trying to find something to do just to get his mind off his master.

It was a work day for usual citizens and Dongwook had to go to work, like a normal citizen. Unfortunately, when he arrived in front of the hospital, he found a man he had never met before but could sense he wasn’t human.

“Lee Dongwook, am I right? It’s been a long time,” The man started, waiting for Dongwook to reach him.

“Do we know each other?”

The man was far younger than Dongwook and had certain childishness around him. His eyes were glistening in the light playfully but his attire was a good hint of how uncomfortable he felt under the sunlight.

“You should hurry inside before you dry under the sun, kid.”

The man’s eyes widened at the last word before he started to laugh. It wasn’t everyday that someone would call him a kid but then again, not everyone was as old as Dongwook.

“You fell in love with the wrong woman, Dongwook-ssi. She’s a monster.”

“She left because she doesn’t the title.”

“No. She left because she didn’t want to take on the responsibility. Erin-ssi…she abandoned us all but above everyone else, she abandoned you.” The man continued, taking a step closer to the taller man, “She left you to rot. She doesn’t know the pain that we, normal vampires go through. Everything she told you is a lie because, Lee Dongwook-ssi, Erin is still alive unlike us.”

“You don’t know anything.” Dongwook growled down at the mischievous vampire.

“Have you seen what she becomes when she feeds? Calling her a monster would be too soft.”

Dongwook was a patient man but that kid was wasting it really quickly. The elder sighed and placed his hands on the shoulders of the youngster, gripping tightly.

“You’re fighting against a creature that you don’t know much about. I wonder how fast you’ll die if you look into her eyes.” Dongwook whispered, gripping tighter. “I advise you to never show your face in front of me again or Yerin will be your last worry.” Dongwook finished before letting the kid go and walked past him into the hospital.


Work proved to be boring as detectives only brought three bodies in and with how annoyed he was, Dongwook finished them without Ji Soo. The younger forensic doctor had the day free but dongwook could only hope the human was not inside Blue.

“Working by yourself, doctor?”

The sudden male voice surprised Dongwook but not as much as the person that took time from his busy life to come over.

“What are you doing here, Minwoo?”

“I saw it. The vampire you met outside. His name is Dohwan and he’s one of the many rebels that want to erase the Leader from existence.”

“I’m surprised they still believe in the Leader. Wasn’t it just a fairytale?” Dongwook asked sarcastically, knowing Minwoo would laugh it off. He didn’t. Minwoo looked very serious, surprisingly so.

“There are more all around the globe. If European vampires come here then we’re dead.” Minwoo added before he looked down at the corpse that Dongwook was working on, “She’s drawing them to us. Her heart beats faster when she’s around you.”

“Are you here to tell me to leave her alone?”

“No. I’m here because I know you can wake up the fighter inside her. It’s time she finally stops running and fights.”

“Why do you care so much? I thought you’d rather live well than get into a mess.” Dongwook asked curiously, taking off his gloves.

“It’s my fault.” Minwoo stated firmly, looking ready to dig a grave and hide inside it for the rest of his life, “Everything is my fault. I let it slip that Yerin is here and advised them to listen to her heart.”