Troublemaker

Immortals: Everything They Sacrificed

Taeyeon - Blue

 

The room was silent of any humane voices, no matter how small. The only noise was coming from outside and it was mostly the wind through the branches and birds. 

It was Spring and the weather was getting warmer, inviting people to spend more time outside their homes. 

But Yerin was cold and it was crawling up her back up to her neck and then slowly falling to her chest. She didn't have to think for long before coming to a conclusion and it wasn't one she liked. 

"So it was Minwoo in the end. Joon was right." She started meekly. Dongwook sighed, disappointed that one of her close friends gave her out so easily. 

"He said that the vampire he met was blond, handsome and very old." 

"I know who he met." She stated quickly, looking up at Dongwook, "Immortals are not vampires, not at the core. We don't need to kill in order to feed, we just need to drink it regularly, like medicine. Our bodies are well preserved but immortals have red eyes because of that ing Blood Lake." She explained something Dongwook already learned. 

"So you were expecting him to send someone after you,especially since there is such a low number of immortals." 

"Sooner or later, yes. I just didn't expect him." 

"And who is he?" 

Dongwook was her creation and at the same time, one of the few humans that she truly loved. And there was her, her life and her past. 

"His name is Igor and I am pretty sure he has been living in Russia for the past decades. He is my cousin indeed. Because of our change, my father decided I should be wedded to a member of the family so that our blood will never dry."

"He's...your husband?!" Dongwook was angry and jealous. 

"Not legally but before my kind, yes he is. I was very young and he was very young too. We didn't love each other, it was just a formality. He left with his father and I left with mine during the runaway. I haven't heard from him in a long time."

"Why did your father send him?" 

"Because Igor was my friend, before anything else. He  gave me his blood when I needed. If I kill a member of the family, it's just as bad as if I kill father." Yerin explained, looki g down at her hands.

"If not kill him, then what do you want to do? Will you really go back after how much you sacrificed?" Dongwook asked, bending in front of her and covering her hands with his.

"I don't know. I really don't." 


"What do you want to do now?" 

Seojoon was usually the silent type, letting every problem pass him by without getting involved. But now, it was a threat at Yerin's life and moreover, vampires' secrecy.

"There are more and more vampires coming and they are all young and thirsty. We shouldn't let any of them take us by surprise." Liu Wei answered, sipping from the same glass for the past hour.

"Should we close up for the week?" 

"No. Joon's keeping an eye on them too. We should keep everything under control for now." 

As Liu Wei finished his drink, the front door opened and a group of four vampires entered, followed by a young man that seemed to be there for more than a drink.

"So this is it, huh? The pub of an immortal and her slaves. How boring..." The young man said before a smirk spread on his lips. "What would happen if every human in here dies? Will police get involved? Maybe get all the information there is and of course, draw the attention of fhe whole nation." 

"You just try to meddle into my business and you won't live to see the next sunrise." Liu Wei mumbled coldly, his eyes narrowing at the youngster. "Leave." 

"Says the man who gave his life away to the devil just so he could earn money. More and more and more until there's nothing. This business is yours because in the end, you have always loved money and alcohol." 

"You seem to know me well but I don't know anything about you." Liu Wei started, walking towards the youngster.

"Dohwan." He said with a boyish grin before his eyes narrowed at the elder. "Too bad. Igor kind of liked you but everyone knows Liu Wei will never betray his master. He learned his lesson." 

With that said, Dohwan took something very sharp, like a blade, from inside his jacket and threw it at Liu Wei. It passed his face by milimeters, scratching his cheek lightly.

"You missed."

"Have I?" Dohwan smiled widely when Liu Wei turned and saw the blade stuck in Seojoon's stomach, his eyes wide in pain and panic slowly creeping up his spine. Liu Wei felt himself grow annoyed.

"No problem, though. He won't die, just suffer for a bit. The one to die is someone else." 

Liu Wei growled dangerously low, the noise only reaching certain ears. Dohwan winked and instead of leaving, he followed his peers to a table in the back and sat down as if nothing happened.


The morning of the next day was horrible for many reasons. The one that felt like she crossed some moral line was Jiwon who woke up next to Ji Soo, both . But even if guilt was rising, there was also fondness. She liked him a lot more than she ever liked anyone, including Yerin. It was a suffocating sensation but it was making her happy. 

"Are you done staring at me?" Ji Soo mumbled grumpily, opening one eye and rubbing the other. 

"This doesn't usually happen. I don't go sleeping around," she muttered.

"Then I must be really special, huh?" He joked but she didn't laugh. 

Sensing that she overstayed, Jiwon was quick to grab her clothes and dress, not waiting for Ji Soo to do more than they did already. 

But even for him, it was clear that she was running away because he found out two important things about her: she liked him and she was a vampire.

"About last night, I didn't imagine it, did I? That woman wanted to me dry of blood." 

Jiwon stopped and glanced at him over her shoulder, "She won't be the last if you continue being so superficial." 

"What's that supposed to mean? Does it even seem like I live in luxury and date models?" He asked annoyed that she was so quick to judge him. "What about you, huh? You go around bossing everyone just so that they won't see you for who you are."

"And who am I?" 

"A woman. A short and fragile woman that, like everyone else, can feel pain and happiness. Just because you want to look so perfect doesn't mean people don't notice it's just a mask." Ji Soo said softly, walking to her and rubbing her arms fondly.

"That would actually flatter me if you weren't ." She stated bluntly, making the boy blush. "Anyway, I'll see you at the bar." She said and left. 

If only Ji Soo was more perceptive, he'd have seen how much his words touched the vampire. She couldn't blush but she started to sweat.


When Jiwon arrived at Blue, she found it smelly. It wasn't the humans, the smell was definitely blood and it was sweeter than the usual fragrance. Sensing that could only mean trouble, Jiwon hurried inside and looked around for Liu Wei. 

"What's wrong? Searching for your boss?" 

That voice pissed her off without trying much. 

"Your human deodorant doesn't hide yours and both of them smell horrible." Jiwon replied with a scowl on her pretty face. "You should leave. We don't like to meddle our precious customers with leeches." 

Dohwan laughed loudly and took a few steps closer to the fiesty vampire. He looked at her from head to toe with a smirk before he took a few more steps, only one foot keeping them from each other.

"That human's smell is all over your body. I guess you had a fun night?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, makin him look even more annoying than he was.

Jiwon growled lowly but Dohwan didn't seem threatened; if anything, he looked like he was enjoying himself.

"I'm a customer too. Why don't you offer me your services?" He asked his lips. 

" off," she hissed, her fangs growing unconsciously.

Dohwan was a man that liked to play with his prey, that much was obvious, but a bloodbath inside a pub that still had humans drinking was not needed. Luckily, Liu Wei walked out at the same time Minwoo entered. His eyes widened when he saw the young vampire throwing threats everywhere.

"Ah, look who came. Minwoo, I was waiting for you." Dohwan exclaimed as soon as he noticed the man. "Ivan wants to have a little chat with you. Nothing major, I promise." 

Liu Wei was usually not the type to involve himself for someone else's sake but Minwoo was his bartender. Seojoon was wounded and he needed someone to look over the bar for a few hours.

"He can't leave." 

Dohwan chuckled at the bossy tone of the chinese man. Minwoo didn't find anything amusing, especially after meeting with Dongwook and feeling like a piece of .

"It's alright, I'll go. We don't need to make a scene here. People are getting curious." Minwoo responded, signing with his head towards the viewers. 

"Good decision, my friend. Let's go. Ah but I'll leave my buddies here to loosen up. Take care of them, Kim Jiwon. Entertain them," the young vampire implied a lot of things with both his words and eyes. 

Jiwon was ready to strangle him but Liu Wei held her back. He looked at Minwoo and some type of silent discussion happened, both nodding at the result. 

"What's going on?" Jiwon asked Liu Wei but the former military man could only think of one thing after he saw the vile glint in Dohwan's eyes.

"They know she's here and they know about us too." Liu Wei answered, worried of what might happen in their future.