Third

I'll Stand With You

The expected fall never came. Instead, Kia felt strong arms catch her. Her head was still spinning, so she kept still for a minute. When she finally opened her eyes, she looked straight into a pair of warm brown ones. She blinked rapidly. The eyes seemed to hold lots of secrets and it made her feel unsettled. She must've made an involuntary movement because she was suddenly lifted upright again.

"Are you all right?"

She looked up at the person who had been holding her and realized that it was Donghyun. His eyes had so mesmerized her, she hadn't even looked at his other features. His face was now scrunched up in a frown as he stared at her. She swallowed and nodded slightly. Donghyun's face relaxed. "Good," he said, his face cracking into a smile.

She started to smile back when suddenly she felt numerous hands patting her back and arms and even one holding her hand. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Minwoo's worried face was inches from hers and his hand squeezed hers. "I didn't mean for you to get sick when I had you come on stage," he said, his eyes tearing up. 

She quickly squeezed his hand back and lifted her other hand and patted him on the shoulder. "I'm really okay. Don't worry."

"But what happened?" Jeongmin was the next one to express concern.

She felt her face flame again. All she seemed to be doing today was blushing. She laughed nervously. "I-," she started before stopping.

"Yes?"

She thought it was Kwangmin who asked, but she had a hard time remembering which twin had what colored hair. He had moved closer as he'd voiced the question and all their combined presences was bringing her claustrophobia to the forefront. She tried to surreptitiously put a bit of space between them. She didn't want to hurt their feelings. After all, they weren't being mean to her. They were worried and trying to find out if she was all right. They had no way of knowing what a walking disaster she was. Right now though, she was having trouble breathing.

She succeeded in backing up a little and could finally breathe a little easier. She looked up at their worried faces and tried to smile to show she was fine, but even she herself could feel how forced it was. She could tell she was on the verge of a panic attack and, really, it was so stupid. Usually her attacks occurred in congested places, like malls or sports stadiums. Not in an outside amphitheater with lots of open areas.

"Miss?" The sudden voice broke into her thoughts and she focused on the face. It was the other twin. He raised his arm suddenly and she jerked back instinctively. She saw his face change and if she hadn't had everyone's 100% attention before, well, she most certainly did now.

Donghyun stepped forward cautiously, almost as if he was afraid of scaring her away. Of course he is, you idiot. You're acting like they're all trying to hurt you, she thought.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. You are all right, she chanted under her breath. Snap out of it, stupid. Finally, she felt calmer and opened her eyes. She straightened her back and threw them a real smile this time.

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I have a problem with vertigo and I get dizzy really easy." She bowed again, but not as low this time. 

She saw the relief written on their faces and reached out to pat the closest member's arm, which just happened to be Jeongmin. 

Donghyun bowed to her. "My name is Donghyun."

Apparently he'd decided to repeat the introductions so she could finally do her own. She smiled as she bowed again. "My name is Kia Blake and I'm from the United States. It's so nice to meet you."