Second

I'll Stand With You

Kia lost her voice and felt herself blush. Swallow hard, she looked down at the ground. Her claps slowed to a stop and her stomach flipflopped.

She heard the music end and finally got the courage to lift her eyes a little. The members were taking swigs of water while they stood in a huddle. Minwoo suddenly parted from the group and walked towards the edge of the stage. 

Kia's breath caught in because Minwoo was now only three feet away. He stopped at the edge and sent her a sweet smile. He reached out his arm and she stared at it in confusion. He wiggled his fingers and motioned to it with his head. She jerked her gaze from his hand and back to his face. What was he doing-?

"Whoa!" She exclaimed as her hand was engulfed in a cool, slender one and tugged on, causing her to catapult forward from the motion.

She allowed herself to be led until they reached the steps at the side. She slowly walked up. 

Still holding her hand, the singer guided her over to his groupmates. She stared at them in shock, feeling like she'd suddenly been into a dream, until the loud booing from the crowd again rose in volume, drawing her attention to them.

The sad, despairing faces of the boys broke her heart. She had no idea what girl Jeongmin had supposedly pushed, but she was positive it had all been a misunderstanding. None of these boys were the type to physically hurt a female.

She turned her head and locked eyes with Donghyun. His expression was resigned, as if this kind of negative reaction was normal, until he realized she was staring and the corners of his mouth turned up and he smiled at her. He beckoned to her and Minwoo gave her a little push from behind.

She cautiously walked over to Donghyun, feeling extremely nervous. Why was she on stage? 

When she reached the leader's side, he again smiled at her. He made sure his mic was covered before he spoke.

"Hello, I'm Donghyun." He bowed. "What's your name?"

Kia felt her face redden as she is finding it very hard to believe she is really standing beside Boyfriend in a park in Korea.

"Uhh.." She stammered. "Umm.."

Donghyun's face became concerned. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

She nodded frantically. "Yes," she finally got out, but then wanted to smack herself because she'd spoken in English. "I mean, nae."

Donghyun's face relaxed. "Good," he said. He then just stared at her, his eyebrows raised a little.

Duh, dummy! He's waiting for you to introduce yourself! 

She quickly bowed, maybe a little too far, because she suddenly felt lightheaded. She straightened up, holding her head, suddenly seeing multiple Donghyuns in front of her. She blinked, trying to clear her vision, but it didn't work. Instead she felt herself falling sideways.

Her body felt sluggish and she knew there was no way she could catch herself, so her eyes automatically closed.