The Orphanage

Orphan Idols

Minzy woke up on a nice day. She looked out the window and took in the beauty until she heard the washroom door open. Minzy turned to see her sister walking out of the washroom in fresh clothing and what she thought was a little makeup on. Minzy got up and ran to her "hey, what's with the... everything unnie? new job?" her sister seemed nervous "uh something like that... new job... let's... go with that..." "what's wrong unnie?" Minzy asked as her sister put her hair up and then sighed "alright... sit down" Minzy did as instructed and sat down next to her sister. "what is it unnie?" "well uh... it seems... there is a uh... a family that wants to... well adopt me and let me live with them..." "really?! omo great unnie! that's amazing!" "yea but... well, you will have to stay here" "w-what?" "yea, you have to stay here..." "I... unnie I love you I can't just stay here!" "yes I know but I can't control them to make them want both of us so... I'm so sorry but I have to, really it's not my choice whether I go with them it's the orphanage's decision... I'm sorry, I love you really..." she hugged Minzy. "so... when are you moving?" she looked down "omo... today unnie? you're moving today?!" "yes" Minzy got up and ran outside and started crying. As her sister got up to check if she was ok, the family came "come on, let's get home" and without hesitation, her sister followed. Minzy looked up and stood up and watched her sister walk off to her new home. Minzy burst into tears as her sister left. She cried until lunchtime and then went back inside. She laid on her bed feeling depressed. The beautiful day that the morning had brought had turned to rain. She felt as if the sky was crying with her. Minzy got up and then sat down in the windowsill, looking outside. She heard the door to the orphanage open and people walk in. She heard voices and could hear and understand every word. She heard her name but didn't get up. She went to bed and slept the rest of the day.