First Day

Teaching NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"OH FLYING CHEESESTICKS!!!!!!!"

I bolted out of my bed, realizing I had hit snooze for the fifth time......

.... I was officially late.

For the first day of my teaching internship.

I got ready in breakneck speed and managed to hail a cab outside of my house. When I reached NCT High, I was shocked to see so many students milling around the field... many of them loitering in circles smoking cigarettes, chatting boisterously, eating and littering all over the campus.... and this was already 5 minutes past the timing for the first period.

"Class 2AB...." I squinted at my phone for the location of the class, desperately trying to make head and tail of where my location was. I was so preoccupied in staring at my phone that I didn't realize I walked straight into-

"Ack!!!!" I winced and with a jolt, my phone clattered on the ground and the keyboard broke into two. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I immediately went down on my knees to retrieve my poor device.

"Watch where you're going, scum."

Incredulous at the rude voice that came from above me, I looked up to realize the cause of my poor phone's death. A student with dyed silver hair and steely, piercing eyes like a knife blade was scowling at me, with his arms folded. His backpack was slung loosely over his shoulder and he was mid-puff through a cigarette.

"What did you just call me?"

"Scum." He stared back defiantly at me. "Did they hire a new cleaner? Or some loser's girlfriend?"

I opened my mouth to retort, but then I caught sight of the time. Forget it, Raerin, just save your breath. I snatched up my phone, shaking my head and marched on ahead to my classroom, cursing my luck underneath my breath.

I tried to piece my phone back together, but the screen had gone dark... Probably it had malfunctioned already. I groaned. Great, just great....

Finally I found Cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter